eagletsi111

Boost With R2 astro and Snap? Does it count as green?

“Snap” Wexley (34) T-70 X-Wing (28), R2 Astromech (1), Pattern Analyzer (2), Push the Limit (3)

I was watching someone with this.   He 2 banked(Green) and boosted then focus, and push the limit to target lock.    Then removed his stress.

How did he do this?

I think you could do this with TIE/fo's too. I'm going to try it out with this:

TIE/FO Fighter: Omega Squadron Pilot (23)
        Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
        Push the Limit (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (2)

TIE/FO Fighter: Omega Squadron Pilot (23)
        Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
        Push the Limit (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (2)

VT-49 Decimator: Patrol Leader (52)
        Tactical Jammers (1)
        •Darth Vader (3)
        •Rebel Captive (3)
        Gunner (5)

Total:  98/100

Edited by AwesomeJedi

Wait, WHAT?!

So if I'm understanding correctly, Pattern Analyzer will, for example, allow me to use an upgrade that can cause stress such as Expert Handling/PTL/Experimental Interface, and clear one stress as long as I had just done a green maneuver?

I've been playing too conservatively then. Like @eagletsi111 I always thought pattern analyzer just let you take an action before getting stress as well, like if I did a T-Roll I could focus first, then I'd get my stress. I didn't think it was possible to clear a stress induced from an upgrade.

SO:  If my T-70 was stressed to begin with (single stress) and I reveal a green maneuver I clear that stress(#1), then I take an action that causes stress (#2), use PA to resolve the "Check Pilot Stress" step after the "Perform Action" step and because of the green maneuver, stress #2 gets cleared too? Is this correct?

9 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Wait, WHAT?!

So if I'm understanding correctly, Pattern Analyzer will, for example, allow me to use an upgrade that can cause stress such as Expert Handling/PTL/Experimental Interface, and clear one stress as long as I had just done a green maneuver?

I've been playing too conservatively then. Like @eagletsi111 I always thought pattern analyzer just let you take an action before getting stress as well, like if I did a T-Roll I could focus first, then I'd get my stress. I didn't think it was possible to clear a stress induced from an upgrade.

SO:  If my T-70 was stressed to begin with (single stress) and I reveal a green maneuver I clear that stress(#1), then I take an action that causes stress (#2), use PA to resolve the "Check Pilot Stress" step after the "Perform Action" step and because of the green maneuver, stress #2 gets cleared too? Is this correct?

Hmmm I'm intrigued. I always wondered why they didnt just say "you can perform an action before you receive stress from a red maneover".

10 minutes ago, Force Majeure said:

Wait, WHAT?!

Your example is incorrect. Pattern Analyzer only switches the order of the "Check Pilot Stress" and "Perform Action" steps, so you can perform the action before checking for stress. In your example, you would already be stressed at the time of the Perform Action step. It doesn't let you clear two stress tokens.

2 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Your example is incorrect. Pattern Analyzer only switches the order of the "Check Pilot Stress" and "Perform Action" steps, so you can perform the action before checking for stress. In your example, you would already be stressed at the time of the Perform Action step. It doesn't let you clear two stress tokens.

True

Where Pattern Analyzer gets really crazy is on Nien Numb with Stay On Target and either BB-8 or Targeting Astromech. You reveal a 3-straight (green maneuver), then use Stay On Target to change to any other speed-3 maneuver, including Tallon Rolls. If you have BB-8, you get to do a free Barrel Roll before moving. If you have Targeting Astromech, you get a free Target Lock.

Pattern Analyzer then lets you take your normal action. As long as Nien can boost to get an enemy in his firing arc at range 1, he gets to instantly discard the stress token from the red maneuver he just executed with Stay On Target.

Edited by PhantomFO

9 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Where Pattern Analyzer gets really crazy is on Nien Numb with Stay On Target and either BB-8 or Targeting Astromech. You reveal a 3-straight (green maneuver), then use Stay On Target to change to any other speed-3 maneuver, including Tallon Rolls. If you have BB-8, you get to do a free Barrel Roll before moving. If you have Targeting Astromech, you get a free Target Lock.

Pattern Analyzer then lets you take your normal action. As long as Nien can boost to get an enemy in his firing arc at range 1, he gets to instantly discard the stress token from the red maneuver he just executed with Stay On Target.

And then gets to throw that Focus token on him.  lol.  That's f'ing crazy.  ****..

1 hour ago, Force Majeure said:

No incorrect. 

The check pilot stress step is before the perform action step. 

In your example, you did a check pilot stress step twice. 

The correct way would be: start stressed; execute green maneuver; check pilot stress step- did you reveal a green? Yes-remove 1 stress; perform action - PTL, perform second action, recive 1 stress. 

If you did not have a stress: Execute green maneuver; declare Pattern Analyzer to delay check pilot stress step; perform action, PTL perform second action receive 1 stress; now check pilot stress step- did you reveal a green?-yes, remove 1 stress.

Nein's ability to shed stress only works when he received a stress token at range 1 and enemy in arc. 

If your SOT / Red maneuver lands Nien within range 1 then he sheds the stress he would have accrued. 

He could still SOT or T-Roll/K-Turn and land out of range 1 and use pattern analyzer to delay check stress step, perform action, then recieve the stress. 

In the above, if Nien did a T-Roll/SOT and PA he could delay check pilot stress step, boost into range one and then shed stress because of his pilot ability. 

A PTL & PA Targeting Astromech Nein could Red maneuver- acquire TL, delay check pilot stress step, boost into range one, PTL perform focus, shed both stress because he's in range 1 and enemy in arc. 

2 hours ago, PhantomFO said:

Oooh  Never considered the BB8 element with Nien Numb. SoT/ Targetting Astro was old news for me. But BB8....