Sign in to follow this  
Tri3

Space Stations

I was looking through my lead/plastic mountain and came across 2 Star Wars figures.  A death Death Star and a space station.

Just wondering if anyone knows who made these

Star+Wars+Armada+Space+Stations+and+Deat

Also anyone know of some good space stations that would work with Armada.

Lastly do you think they will come out with Space Stations for Armada?

Edited by Tri3

I think we'll probably see stations eventually, maybe first as event prizes?

In the meantime, there are lots of products from other lines that work pretty well. I'm putting together a Klingon Vor'cha-class attack cruiser - one of those all-metal minis that go together without glue or solder. The design aesthetic is sufficiently different from Star Wars that I think it will work OK as a station, particularly with some paint.

Spartan Games' Halo Fleet battles doesn't seem to use much terrain, but some of their ships could easily serve as a station. Their Firestorm Armada line has a nice-looking station, though at 6.5" long, it's going to dominate a good chunk of the battlefield. The Star Port looks to be more reasonably-sized. Any of that line's factions' Planetary Defence Groups would probably serve as a decent station as well, with the Directorate PDG a likely-looking candidate. Lots of good choices throughout the line, but all require painting.

Hawk Wargames' Dropfleet Commander line has a really excellent modular space station kit. It's expensive (the main reason I don't have one... yet), which can be assembled in a huge variety of ways. This looks like the best piece on the market right now, but does require assembly and painting.

combatzone scenery make very good armada scenery, will certainly buy a coriolis/ triton space station some time in the future, debris are cool, asteroid base and space worm too. plus it's customizable

https://combatzone-scenery.co.uk/Land/Space/Armada-scale-scenery

(not counting mel's Qx series which are good sized one)

Edited by gounour

I used Micro Machines Star Trek for my stations. Heresy!

They were once a "Federation Space Dock," pretty easily buyable online for less than a dedicated wargaming setpiece. It's a very close match for the cardboard, without any painting. Though a minor touchup wouldn't hurt.

For best fidelity, Space Rocks or CombatZone are the ways to go. Neither is cheap, but CombatZone is actually commercially available, if shipping from the UK is within your budget.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:25 PM, gounour said:

combatzone scenery make very good armada scenery, will certainly buy a coriolis/ triton space station some time in the future, debris are cool, asteroid base and space worm too. plus it's customizable

https://combatzone-scenery.co.uk/Land/Space/Armada-scale-scenery

(not counting mel's Qx series which are good sized one)

I love those products!