clanmccracken

Speculation about the contents of the Starter Set

Call me crazy, but I like speculating about this kind of stuff. 

Anyway the site says that the starter set comes with two decks. Are these two decks specific clans, or is there an assortment of cards from all clans that can be constructed into two decks? If the latter, is the starter set only coming with two Strongholds, or will it come with a stronghold for every clan? 

Edited by clanmccracken

You'll be able to build a deck for any of the seven clans out of the starter set, and there will be enough neutral cards in the box for you to have two complete decks at a time. So pick from clan 1 through 7 and mix with 50% of the neutrals, then pick one of the remaining clans and mix with the other 50% of the neutrals, and play those decks against each other.

7 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Those make sense.

So any idea what the neutrals will be? All stuff that belongs in the fate conflict deck? Or maybe some neutral personalities as well? Ronin? Shadowlands? Minor clans?

Miya Mystic (Shugenja, Earth, Imperial) is a neutral Dinasty character. Assassination is an Event. There are neutral Provinces. Neutral characters in the conflict deck do not sound crazy at all.

Edited by Wintersong

I think we've only been able to speculate when they were grouped with other conflict cards. Though the bamboo icons on the bottom of conflict cards seems to be the only indication on the front of the card (looking at the Vengeful Oathkeeper).

Edited by Frentier
Corrections

The Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game Core Set comes with everything a player needs to explore the seven great clans of Rokugan, the Crab Clan, Crane Clan, Dragon Clan, Lion Clan, Phoenix Clan, Scorpion Clan, and Unicorn Clan. It also includes a variety of tokens, cards, and rule sheets that make the Core Set the definitive starting point for the Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game.

From the store page... It also says you will need 5 packs of standard sleeves (250 sleeves) and 1 pack of mini sleeves (50 sleeves).

7 hours ago, the eigensheep said:

This is interesting, as it somewhat suggests that personalities cannot be shared among clans, which I quite like personally.

7 hours ago, BayushiCroy said:

This is my expectation 

Am I missing something? What is the point of the influence value on the Stronghoolds if you can't play personalities?

10 hours ago, Moto Subodei said:

Am I missing something? What is the point of the influence value on the Stronghoolds if you can't play personalities?

Conflict cards. You can tell which use influence by the bamboo symbols on the bottom (I think).

As far as I have seen, none of the dynasty cards have had those markings. Maybe there are some that will eventually. 

1 minute ago, the eigensheep said:

Conflict cards. You can tell which use influence by the bamboo symbols on the bottom (I think).

As far as I have seen, none of the dynasty cards have had those markings. Maybe there are some that will eventually. 

Ah right, that makes sense :D

So, I did some REALLY quick and dirty math, so don't put too much stock in these numbers.

Seven clans, equal number of cards per clan, and enough unaligned cards to fill in the rest, for two 40-card decks (Dynasty and Conflict).

250 cards in total, 125 Dynasty and 125 Conflict. (Yes, I know, I'm totally ignoring strongholds and provinces.)

Based on these numbers, there would be approximately 14 cards per clan per deck, 26 filler Dynasty, and 25 filler Conflict cards.

Speculate, good times, come on!
[deep bass] It's a speculation.

Edited by twinstarbmc

49 minutes ago, twinstarbmc said:

250 cards in total, 125 Dynasty and 125 Conflict. (Yes, I know, I'm totally ignoring strongholds and provinces.)

7 Stronghold cards. 2 cards with the turn sequence. At least 10 Province cards (1 per Clan plus neutrals).