Sign in to follow this  
Dancken

Ardus 'Ix Erebus conversion to Daqan Champion upgrade.

Me and my friend split 3 Core Sets. It was all great value, but we ended up with 3x Kari and 3x Ardus. So me being the Daqan player traded one of my Kari models for a Ardus model.

I am not very comfortable with using Greenstuff, so I wanted to do some very simple conversions, without using any Greenstuff. I knew that I wanted to make him into a Champion Upgrade Figure, to use with the Daqan Spearmen Unit. In order to make the model look as similar to the official Champion figures, as possible I wanted to use a bald head and make sure to keep Ardus dual wielding. What I ended up doing was cutting off Ardus head, weapons and all Spikey bits from the model.

I replaced his head with a Space Marine Sergeant head(slightly modded to remove minor cybernetics) and his weapons with a Space Marine Combat Knife and a Clansman´'s Claymore(From Warzone Ressurection).

The picture below gives you an idea of what it looks like, even if the quality of the picture is not the best. Kari to the side, for scale.

18077208_10154703538884217_5571801181908

Very Clever!

My buddy and I split 2 core sets so we each agreed to paint on of the other's extra chaacter for them, but your approach is even cooler.

For those who are thinking about converting theirs, note that because he is totally encased in plate armor, it's easy to modify the pose also.  A little trim of the shoulder pegs and they can be rotated up and down and cuting an arm (or both) above the elbow and/or at the wrist can get rid of the double side swipe pose.

On 2017-04-28 at 1:20 PM, eilif said:

Very Clever!

My buddy and I split 2 core sets so we each agreed to paint on of the other's extra chaacter for them, but your approach is even cooler.

For those who are thinking about converting theirs, note that because he is totally encased in plate armor, it's easy to modify the pose also.  A little trim of the shoulder pegs and they can be rotated up and down and cuting an arm (or both) above the elbow and/or at the wrist can get rid of the double side swipe pose.

For sure! I am confident that alot of more advanced conversions could be made fairly easily, especially for someone who has a little bit of green stuff experience. Really looking forward to seeing what people come up with when it comes to conversions for these models.