Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Drakoniss

Cool new stuff! in my elf proxy games

Recommended Posts

The biggest one was realizing what you can do with shifts modified by turns/wheels and how to work out colliding with the enemy with the side rear of your unit. Charging a unit behind you and to the side will be very new for people. Several times my leonx have charged things diagonal and behind them. I backed right into the enemy on a charge several times after shooting past in the early turns. Aliana 2 straight backwards charge won me a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you check on the Leonx rider's dial (and the hero, Aliana of Summersong), they have a blue shift action, and a blue charge modifier. In theory, ANY action can use ANY modifier.  So in this, the shift can count as a charge. We can see that the Leonx Riders actually get faster on the charge as their charge straight modifier has a +1.

Theoretically, this could be taken further, and the ACTION could be an attack (red), and the modifier could be a red +2 charge, allowing for sweeping attacks. If the colours match, the symbols can be used together, is all I'm saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Torpid Rebel said:

Theoretically, this could be taken further, and the ACTION could be an attack (red), and the modifier could be a red +2 charge, allowing for sweeping attacks. If the colours match, the symbols can be used together, is all I'm saying.

exactly thats the beauty of this system it is so flexible.  cant wait to really dig in. (ive only had a couple small games so far)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just about any unit can get into combat quick with wind rune.

I've been using it on my non-elf cav.  I march 4, and perform skill to shift (equal to blue runes) and then reform.  The idea is to initially overshoot the enemy, and end up out of their arc.

Then the following turn, move 1, shift 1-2 into the enemy, and then remove to face the enemy I just bumped. 

Round 3, I'm fighting on init 3 with an extra die for the flank.  While it takes 3 rounds to get their, it's really hard to defend against, and you can arrive in fairly good shape.

-Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Torpid Rebel said:

If you check on the Leonx rider's dial (and the hero, Aliana of Summersong), they have a blue shift action, and a blue charge modifier. In theory, ANY action can use ANY modifier.  So in this, the shift can count as a charge. We can see that the Leonx Riders actually get faster on the charge as their charge straight modifier has a +1.

Theoretically, this could be taken further, and the ACTION could be an attack (red), and the modifier could be a red +2 charge, allowing for sweeping attacks. If the colours match, the symbols can be used together, is all I'm saying.

The section on Movement Modifiers in the RRG states that movement modifiers can only be used with Shift or March actions. You can charge (or wheel, or turn) on either a March or a Shift but you couldn't do any of those things if your left dial was an Attack, Rally, Reform, etc.

RRG, pg 14:
56 Movement Modifiers Movement modifiers allow a player to alter the movement template he uses when his unit is performing either a march or shift action.

56.1 If a movement modifier shows a turn or wheel , the player uses a turn or wheel  movement template, as appropriate, when performing his unit’s movement. The movement template the player uses to perform a march or shift  action must also match the speed of his selected action and modifier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

The section on Movement Modifiers in the RRG states that movement modifiers can only be used with Shift or March actions. You can charge (or wheel, or turn) on either a March or a Shift but you couldn't do any of those things if your left dial was an Attack, Rally, Reform, etc.

RRG, pg 14:
56 Movement Modifiers Movement modifiers allow a player to alter the movement template he uses when his unit is performing either a march or shift action.

56.1 If a movement modifier shows a turn or wheel , the player uses a turn or wheel  movement template, as appropriate, when performing his unit’s movement. The movement template the player uses to perform a march or shift  action must also match the speed of his selected action and modifier.

Fair point, and yet I fully anticipate some unit will get a sweeping charge in the future :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...