BlindSamurai13

L5R LCG Box Art Progression, by Darren Tan

Just now, Wintersong said:

What makes you think that? The picture does not make me think that. Reminds me of Daoko, which may or may not be sporting one. But everytime I see that pic, reminds me of her.

I associate that color and cut with a wig.  It doesn't look natural to me.

7 hours ago, Wintersong said:

Oh my Kami, yes! Looking at some old art, it would seem that the thing about not showing skin was retconned. And do not get me started on skin tight kimonos...

Reference!

By Ivory/20F, the disconnect between their flavor and their cards had been noted...

Prior Moshi?

Not always really big on the full kimono.

Bear in mind... the Moshi weren't alone in getting art that didn't really jive. The supposedly traditional Phoenix trotted out a lot of female characters whose fashion sense was... very, uh...

Well.

You get the idea. Not exactly traditional.

Not just females, either.

1 hour ago, Wintersong said:

Do you think that a black hair would make it feel different? White is a so Crane hair color. 

It is, but it is also the cut.  To me it looks like someone cosplaying as a Crane woman.

I'm kinda dissapointed that on the first box being used to represent the reintroduction of L5R, it's only got 5 clans, with an odd "focus" on 3 of them, but whatever there.

I just wish the scorpions mask was more of a real mask, and not some strange looking makeup.

1 hour ago, Teslacrashed said:

I'm kinda dissapointed that on the first box being used to represent the reintroduction of L5R, it's only got 5 clans, with an odd "focus" on 3 of them, but whatever there.

Considering their prominence throughout the narrative, seeing the Crane, Lion, and Scorpion front and center wasn't exactly a shock.

1 hour ago, Teslacrashed said:

I just wish the scorpions mask was more of a real mask, and not some strange looking makeup.

All 7 clans are on the box if you look closely. The most prominent three makes sense when you consider they are the Left Hand, the Underhand and the Right Hand of the Emperor. 

20 hours ago, Teslacrashed said:

What's really weird is that it was a real mask in WIP #1 and #2, but then they peeled off the middle for whatever reason...kind of missing the point of it being a mask.