Sir13scott

Resistance A-wing?

I've been saying it's a decent opportunity to have another vehicle with the Mobile Firing Arc action if you add in a rear arc for the new A-Wing. I've liked the idea of the A-Wing having a rear arc with the guns that flip around which I believe is on a few of the A-Wing variations in the Star Wars Universe. 

I was thinking about a Last Jedi A-wing the other day. I think the stat line would remain the same: 2-3-2-2, but would come with a title that would allow for an extra die, either in Attack or Evade (I'd prefer attack). AND probably a 3 S-loop as well. 

1 minute ago, RStan said:

I've been saying it's a decent opportunity to have another vehicle with the Mobile Firing Arc action if you add in a rear arc for the new A-Wing. I've liked the idea of the A-Wing having a rear arc with the guns that flip around which I believe is on a few of the A-Wing variations in the Star Wars Universe. 

Going kinda along these lines (barely), how crazy would it be to have an A that only has side-arc? The U-wing should have had something like this, but that's a topic for another thread.

More to your point, what if it could fire missiles instead out the rear?

16 hours ago, ObiWonka said:

Well just like T-70 gets all the X-wing only stuff so the RZ-5 (or what ever number >1 they chose) will be able to grab both Chardaan Refit and A-wing Test Pilot title, also being in the sequel movies it will have tech, and 3 shields.

Can my prequel ships have artifact slots then? 

Edited by Marinealver

My guess is we will see something that basically means moar red dice for swarms.

For example: Autofire. Modification. When attacking with a primary weapon, you may roll an additional attack die. If you do so and your attack hits, do 1 damage to the target. Then cancel all dice results. You may not equip this card if your primary weapon value is higher than 2.

Prediction Time!

X-wing to T-70 X-wing:

+1 Shield

+1 Tech slot

+ Tallon Rolls

+ Green 3 straight

+ Boost

+ 3 pts to cheapest generic pilot

So, potentially for the new A-wing:

+1 Shield : Likely

+1 Tech slot : All TFA Ships have it, so almost guaranteed

+ Tallon Rolls : Could see this being swapped for a 3 speed Segnors Loop

+ Green 3 straight : A-wings already have all green straights, maybe 3 banks become green?

+ Boost : Already on A-wings. Unlikely, but maybe Barrel Roll?

+ 3 pts? I'm no good with costings but sure, why not?

As for upgrades, I can see it coming with a copy of Primed Thrusters, Crackshot and/or Juke.

Definitely want L'ulo as a pilot. 

A nice way around not making them replace the A-wing would to give none of them an EPT so that they have to take the title to get it and instead of a missile slot give them a torpedo slot. Because I love my classic A-wings and I'm kind of sad that T-70s are better than T-65s in almost every way except some pilot abilities (Biggs, Tarn, Wes, etc.). I don't want a resistance A-wing to make my Jake or snap-cracks obsolete. 

So here's an interesting thought... The current A wing is no longer the most nimble ship in the game, which is what it's supposed to be.  Making a second gen A wing should be even more nimble, but should also help fix the other one.  What if there was a mod card that added Trolls sort of like the new MF title added Sloops?  Something like:

Modulated Engines.  Modification.  Small Ship Only.  2 Points.

When revealing a white 3 turn maneuver, you may receive a stress to perform a 3 Tallon Roll in that direction instead.

This would be equippable on the following ships: A Wing, E Wing, X Wing, Z95, /x1, /v1, /in, /sa, /d, /ln, /p, /pun, /fo and Protectorate.  From that list, the A, E, X , /sa, /pun all want a buff, the Z95 and /ln probably don't want the investment cost, the /v1, /in, and /p rarely want to do red maneuvers anyways, not to mention that they don't have mod slots open.  Which leaves the /d, /fo, and Protectorate as the potential issues.  I question how worth it would be to do a stressful 3 Troll over a white 4K on the /D, and it shuts down the /x7 title by giving the stress first.  The Protectorate wants its slot for AT, so only the /fo is left as potentially a power creep instead of rebalancing.  That would have to be play tested in order to figure out.

As much as the A-wing needs 3 dice I highly doubt it will get 3 dice attack...

A 3/3/2/2 A-Wing with the same or better dial vs a 3/3/2/3 E-Wing which has a much worse dial or a 3/2/3/3 T70 which has a worse dial.... it just doesn't make sense, it would make a lot of ships obsolete. I love the A-Wings, I've always done what I can to find a way to fly them in every meta (the Dengaro Meta killed me tho)... so I want to see them get help. But I think the 2 dice attack will have to stay.

I think realistically the new A-Wing should grant us a T/Roll or S/loop or both! add a tech slot, and a 1 bank. 

A-wing with AutoSlam.

After you perform a maneuver you can perform another of the same speed and take two stress and focus token.  No weapon disabled.

As long as you slam greens you are crazy maneuverable and get a focus.

10 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

Not "artifact", "legacy" slots. 

Double points to FFG if one of the legacy upgrade cards is a parallel or serial port. 

Floppy Disk Drive

Legacy Upgrade

Cost -3

This ship may not perform any actions other than focus.

8-Track Sound System

Legacy Upgrade

Cost 3

If your opponent can't name every song from "Frampton Comes Alive", your opponent immediately forfeits the game.

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

The A Wing wouldn't want to use it, because it wants Autothrusters...

Not all A wings want Auto Thrusters.  It's a trap many people fall into - it can equip it, therefore it must equip it... But when you just have a generic 15pt fighter, or 20pt Greenie, it's not worth a 10-15% investment.  It's always worth it on the Soontir's of the world because they're linchpins into the list.  An A wing is disposable.