Sign in to follow this  
BlodVargarna

VCX with 19+ shield and hull

I made this list riding the bus. It seems pretty nasty. VCX flies around FN SHT UP, Biggs does what he does, Ashoka and Sabine drop bombs. 

The VCX has a lot of hull and shield to chew through with some regen. 

What do you think? 

Hull monster (100)

Lothal Rebel (48) - VCX-100
Reinforced Deflectors (3), Autoblaster Turret (2), Chewbacca (4), R2-D2 (4)

Biggs Darklighter (26) - X-Wing
R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Ahsoka Tano (26) - TIE Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Sabine's Masterpiece (1), Captured TIE (1), Sabine Wren (2), Scavenger Crane (2), Ion Bombs (2)

Edited by BlodVargarna

If reinforced deflectors give a shield back you don't need R2-D2, but if it doesn't you've got R2-D2. Seems pretty synergistic really. 

The point of the VCX build is to be a tough nut to crack. With all that hull and shields with regen, seems like it would be. This is all theoretical mind, but I think I'd like to take it for a spin and see how it handles. 

With the Ghost, I've always tried to maximize its offensive power instead of attempting to save it. But that's personal preference. I do like the synergy and would be curious to see how it plays out. I could see this being frustrating to play against.

So at the last regionals I went to I never lost this ship:

Kanan Jarrus (54) - VCX-100
Fire Control System (2), Twin Laser Turret (6), Rey (2), R2-D2 (4), Anti-Pursuit Lasers (2)

the idea is is to slow play and bank up a few focuses. Then when you engage a ship with a 3 dice primary you take an evade action and get a focus from Rey. Then spend a focus token to lower it to 2 dice, then you spend the evade token to dodge a hit and the left over hit is regenerated by R2-D2 crew. 

Basically it forces your opponent to do 4 or more damage to have any net effect on a zero agility ship. It's great.