Snipafist

Cannot Get Your Ship Out 4/23-4/29

15 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

On today's menu is a small look at my basement den and an explanation of Armada peripherals, where you can get them, and why you should consider purchasing them.

I've been considering upgrading to the Stanley click and connect organizer you show for a while now, I've been using a similar "husky" version

Husky-Stacking-Caddy-2-Pack.jpg

but the handle in the middle is just so restrictive. My only concern was the clamps. I presume they're strong enough to carry your collection without worry?

6 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I've been considering upgrading to the Stanley click and connect organizer you show for a while now, I've been using a similar "husky" version

Husky-Stacking-Caddy-2-Pack.jpg

but the handle in the middle is just so restrictive. My only concern was the clamps. I presume they're strong enough to carry your collection without worry?

I regularly carry that main toolbox+ the 2 organizers clipped on to the bottom and I've never had a problem with the clips/clamps. The connection is extremely solid.

3 hours ago, Snipafist said:

On today's menu is a small look at my basement den and an explanation of Armada peripherals, where you can get them, and why you should consider purchasing them.

I use a Stanley toolbox as well and I can't highly recommend enough three additional things:

• SirWilli's upgrade card box - this allows for super-fast sorting of your upgrade cards since you can just thumb through them. I've found that upgrade cards are hard to take out of binders if they are sleeved, and the non-sleeved ones start to get frayed pretty fast with repeated insertion and removal. I ditched my UltraPro binder pages after finding this.

• SirWilli's MicroHangar for the VSD -- this stops their antenna from breaking. Overall Armada ships are pretty durable expect for this guy.

• Plano 23620-01 Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers -- this fits snugly into the top of the Stanley toolbox (the area right under the lid) and means I don't have to carry my tokens in a separate loose case.
Edited by IronCondor
added links

12 minutes ago, IronCondor said:

I use a Stanley toolbox as well and I can't highly recommend enough three additional things:

• SirWilli's upgrade card box - this allows for super-fast sorting of your upgrade cards since you can just thumb through them. I've found that upgrade cards are hard to take out of binders if they are sleeved, and the non-sleeved ones start to get frayed pretty fast with repeated insertion and removal. I ditched my UltraPro binder pages after finding this.

• SirWilli's MicroHangar for the VSD -- this stops their antenna from breaking. Overall Armada ships are pretty durable expect for this guy.

• Plano 23620-01 Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers -- this fits snugly into the top of the Stanley toolbox (the area right under the lid) and means I don't have to carry my tokens in a separate loose case.

Links?

14 minutes ago, Democratus said:

Cool. Thanks!

Great blog. Always informative and fun!

Thanks!

I try not to confuse too much with the "upgrades" versus "builds." Basically I intend for anything under "upgrades" to be considered as an add-on to free slots on the ship if points and intended use allow but "builds" are the bare-bones combinations you need to get a certain thing going. Projection Experts require a bit of support apparatus (a source of reliable repair tokens) to really get their thing going and they love being paired with Targeting Scrambler to further their "healbot" shtick, so I put them together into the Interdoctor build.

On 4/24/2017 at 6:35 AM, Snipafist said:

Starting with an Interdictor review!

First off, thank you guys. I've been looking for 'current' articles on the ships, as Steel Squadron's stuff is good but from a very dated POV - as in, when the ships first released.

I'm trying to figure out what to get to add onto a basic box to have an 'even' fleet for both sides, with mostly an eye towards display but enough to actually play the game if friends want to, and your stuff is incredibly helpful. I'm no beginner to wargaming, but the dynamics of Armada purchases can be daunting thanks to cards being split up between different ships.

19 minutes ago, iamfanboy said:

First off, thank you guys. I've been looking for 'current' articles on the ships, as Steel Squadron's stuff is good but from a very dated POV - as in, when the ships first released.

I'm trying to figure out what to get to add onto a basic box to have an 'even' fleet for both sides, with mostly an eye towards display but enough to actually play the game if friends want to, and your stuff is incredibly helpful. I'm no beginner to wargaming, but the dynamics of Armada purchases can be daunting thanks to cards being split up between different ships.

You're very welcome!

John and I intend to keep the articles updated as new waves release and as our opinions inevitably change on different things. When that happens we'll make sure to post a small article notifying people about that fact. We hope to basically have a blog that's more half-blog half-wiki by the time we're caught up. It's a bit off from that point still, but that's our goal.

3 minutes ago, Snipafist said:

You're very welcome!

John and I intend to keep the articles updated as new waves release and as our opinions inevitably change on different things. When that happens we'll make sure to post a small article notifying people about that fact. We hope to basically have a blog that's more half-blog half-wiki by the time we're caught up. It's a bit off from that point still, but that's our goal.

When our opinions change:

Nope, squadrons are never overpowered enough. FFG, we need more upgrades for squadrons please!

Also where's my article where I get to complain that Raiders are OP, haha?

7 minutes ago, geek19 said:

Nope, squadrons are never overpowered enough. FFG, we need more upgrades for squadrons please!

Dead with the Raider from the latest Master of the Fleet Battle Report.

I've often thought about Heavy Turbolaser Turrets, and after reading this I thought I had finally come up with a ship that HTT kinda works on.

You need high damage, and you don't care about multiple accuracies:  Liberty Star Cruiser, with SW7s! 

Then I remembered Mon Karren.

This might be forever one of those rare upgrades that just has a better alternative.

Does anyone think ot was designed in a game space where it was envisioned we would have more ships with Neb B style tokens?

On 26.4.2017 at 4:47 AM, geek19 said:

Raiders ARE OP.

They SHRED enemy fighters - and activate them.

We need a NERF!

4 hours ago, TheCallum said:

I've often thought about Heavy Turbolaser Turrets, and after reading this I thought I had finally come up with a ship that HTT kinda works on.

You need high damage, and you don't care about multiple accuracies:  Liberty Star Cruiser, with SW7s! 

Then I remembered Mon Karren.

This might be forever one of those rare upgrades that just has a better alternative.

Does anyone think ot was designed in a game space where it was envisioned we would have more ships with Neb B style tokens?

HTT isn't a bad upgrade when viewed in isolation.

When compared to other turbolaser upgrades/put in a wider meta context it fall flat on its face, however.

Even if it was just a couple of point it would probably still be...meh.