dmanchy

Polis Massan force sensitive

Hey.

So i am brainstorming anew character and i want to go with a polis massan guardian but i am just wondering because they are a race of clones can he/it be a force user?

I know the force unleashed gives precedent and he/it could be a mutant/ experiment but i am just looking for other ideas.

Thanks

Within the FFG books the Polis Massan are not described as clones, but rather that they are experts at cloning in an attempt to recreate a species they think they are descendants of. Whichever story you go with though there isn't anything within this system that prevents the species from using the Force. Only Droids are incapable of using the Force, so your concept at least has potential. 

It is an interesting idea too. The Polis Massan are supposed to be very non confrontational, avoiding fighting wherever possible. So a Guardian could be seeking to prevent fighting, help victims heal, and only when necessary get between the powerful and the weak. 

I also made a Polis Massan force user, a Navigator (planning to take up Artisan or Seer, but more likely to become both eventually). Out of the door FP2 is a big difference and my first dedication was really close.

With my character I focus on the coincidental Force uses

• people are always friendly and I can beg so nicely for reasonable prices and the occasional discount

• it is natural when you throw a food can, yell 'Grenade!', the frightened bounty hunters gonna run out of their cover or simply run away

• that big fellow is gonna fire that big gun, naturally the recoil pushes his weapon up and misses our crew

• there is some strange radio chatter, only Polis Massan can hear... something strange around the corner where the ambushers are hiding, nothing to do with any strange stuff.

• the Imperial Officer realizes there is no need to check our cargo as we were cleared earlier

• I only played a card game once, somehow I always knew when the opponent bluffed

• those attacking Nexus, who can understand why one of them thought the other Nexu is the top enemy to attack

Polis Massan's engaged range telepathy, which can be heard by only your target, is fantastic for those Jedi mind trick situations.
No more Jedi hand waving, just an emotionless white face mask and a pair of jet black eyes. No camera or recording of me saying something and the stromtrooper letting us go as a brainwashed tin can.

I started as the typical bookworm astrogator, handy when plotting course and supporting as a co-pilot (sensors, shield tuning and whatnot). Well-travelled to know tons of information, but useless when things get hot as he always hides... except the 6+ success initiative the party's heavy happily uses (YYGGFF these days).

Anyway, I play the team's mascot... we always get lucky when he is around.

You can have your fun with any text-to-speech software out there, those are just a google search away, and you can simulate speaking to the party with your voice box.... just don't over do it.

Also... your are size 0, so using move FP with the base power as you don't need a strength upgrade to catch yourself from falling or avoid those pesky athletics checks for climbing.

2 hours ago, DerWish said:

Polis Massan's engaged range telepathy, which can be heard by only your target, is fantastic for those Jedi mind trick situations.
No more Jedi hand waving, just an emotionless white face mask and a pair of jet black eyes. No camera or recording of me saying something and the stromtrooper letting us go as a brainwashed tin can.

Oh. My. Zeus.

That is hilarious.