Sign in to follow this  
player1518747

Defenders of the North

That's right, they are actually neutral cards as opposed to the six-house ones from 5KE. That's where my memory failed. So there actually were some Kingdom locations in the game when Mance came out, even if noone actually used them.

Yep; the problem being that Mance worked off *opponents* running Kingdom locations and these weren't used. I wonder if there are now enough Kingdom locations to do something fun with Heart of the Kingdom and the Bara character whose anti-attachment ability triggers with 3 Kingdom locations?

I was very surprised that neither KoS nor PoS included reprints of the old 5E Kingdom locations. I thought that was a very obvious reprint when Nate was "topping up" the cardpool after the rotation of sets he hadn't expected when he designed the CS and first CPs.

Winter said:

I was very surprised that neither KoS nor PoS included reprints of the old 5E Kingdom locations. I thought that was a very obvious reprint when Nate was "topping up" the cardpool after the rotation of sets he hadn't expected when he designed the CS and first CPs.

I wasn't. The 2-2-2 would probably be the wrong balance for the LCG, the 2-1-1 were never played much (the potential of raising your opponent's claim instead of just playing Crossroads never computed for most people) and the 0-1-Limited ones are not much use in an environment where each House has their own 0-1-Limited locations back. 

I think it was actually a better decision to create all new ones.

I think that the 5KE Kingdom locations were primarily designed to take advantage of the non-neutral agendas. While they are still cool, I agree with ktom. The 2-2-2's are far too powerful for the current LCG environment. At the very least, I would the text abilities from these cards if they were to be reprinted. But I think there are plenty of ways to reinvent the Kingdom locations for the current philosophy of the game.

I would rather see Fallow Fields. Thatt was a nice card for a good price a get good stuff.

I am very missing something to give you +2g od +2INF. The only thing with +2g has lannister and it is a character or littlefinger (core).  And nothing to give you +2 inf drives me nuts...

Max Wax said:

In what AGOT block/expansion can I find that claim replacement mechanics? It is AWESOME!

The only claim replacement effects to date are all in the ITE set. Not the entire block; just the ITE "base set." So currently, claim replacement is CCG-only.

ktom said:

The only claim replacement effects to date are all in the ITE set. Not the entire block; just the ITE "base set." So currently, claim replacement is CCG-only.

No Kevin, don't go giving Reek short shrift. :)  Though, I think his appearance in House of Thorns was the only continued occurence of Claim Replacement in either expansion to ITE.

Maester_LUke said:

ktom said:

No Kevin, don't go giving Reek short shrift. :)  Though, I think his appearance in House of Thorns was the only continued occurence of Claim Replacement in either expansion to ITE.

Oh, was Reek HoTh? My mistake. But yes, that would be the only non-ITE claim replacement effect to date.

Doesn't change the "currently, claim replacement is CCG-only" conclusion, though.

I actually think the main problem with the Vale, Riverlands, Reach were that they were rares required in every deck. If they were released in CP/Expansion format as fixed cards I see no problem with it, In fact I actually despise both Fallow Fields and Crossroads as they are not worth the cost investment as opposed to the 1 gold chambers and the 0 cost locations.