Jump to content
Tybrid

Training vs Prized Possession

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, blackholexan said:

Why not? You are the owner of the die (and the controller too...) so I don't see any particular reason you wouldn't be allowed to choose that die.

It can't be rolled, manipulated or removed. For all intents and purposes that die is out of the game, it can't be interacted with. I don't think losing the elite status would change that.

While I agree that the you own the die, you no longer control it, your opponent does.

Edited by netherspirit1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, netherspirit1982 said:

It can't be rolled, manipulated or removed. For all intents and purposes that die is out of the game, it can't be interacted with. I don't think losing the elite status would change that.

While I agree that the you own the die, you no longer control it, your opponent does.

From Prized Possession text:

After you play this upgrade, you may remove an opponent's character die and place it here. It is not rolled by any character and does not return to its character unless this upgrade leaves play.

(Italics for emphasys)

The die does not return to its character when you replace Training, it is removed from the game...

You are not interacting with the die, you are interacting with the card that generates that die.

When an upgrade leaves place, you must remove the linked die. In this case you can choose that one on PP.

If you were right even a Disarm on an upgrade with its die on Prized Possession wouldn't be removed, and that is wrong.

Edited by blackholexan
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PP doesn't take upgrade dice, it only takes character dice, so the Disarm example isn't in play here.

I don't think the the die is linked to Training and I don't think you need to keep them separate and track which is which, this isn't a normal upgrade with a die. It's an upgrade that grants a keyword. That keyword grants the die.

In this case the die gets removed from play not because Training is leaving play or leaving the character, like a normal upgrade with die, but because the character is no longer elite. 

If it's ruled that you have to track which is which (I hope not, seems like a nightmare to keep straight), then you're probably right, but why would the PP player take the die from Training?

If you don't have to track, it depends on how they rule how the player chooses a die to lose. If  you have to get rid of a die you control, I don't think you could choose the one taken by PP. It's no longer under your control. 

We simply don't know what happens in the situation where a character is no longer elite, because it's not covered in the rules.

Edited by netherspirit1982

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fear is that without a dedicated forum admin/moderator, many doubts / unclarified rules won't find answers in the next FAQ/Erratas document.

And these forums need subforums, now it is just a mess.

Edited by blackholexan
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been a ruling about Prized Possesion and weapons?

I think that would affect this rule.

For example, if I have 2 IQA-11 Blaster Rifles on my Rebel Trooper, and then Jamgo Fett puts a Prized Possession out there, stealing one, if I overwrite that IQA-11 for a Jetpack, do I have to lose the single remaining IQA-11 die, or can I just ignore the one on possession?

I think in both this case and with Training, Prized Possession has removed the dice from play, and thus removing cards has NO effect on that die, so BOTH die stay on the board, and when Prize Possession is lost, the dice on it is removed from play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

Has there been a ruling about Prized Possesion and weapons?

I think that would affect this rule.

For example, if I have 2 IQA-11 Blaster Rifles on my Rebel Trooper, and then Jamgo Fett puts a Prized Possession out there, stealing one, if I overwrite that IQA-11 for a Jetpack, do I have to lose the single remaining IQA-11 die, or can I just ignore the one on possession?

I think in both this case and with Training, Prized Possession has removed the dice from play, and thus removing cards has NO effect on that die, so BOTH die stay on the board, and when Prize Possession is lost, the dice on it is removed from play.

You can't take a weapon die with prized possession, only character dice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is entirely possible that PP keeps the die on PP when Training leaves play, but the character retains the remaining die, since losing elite status means they still have one die. Training leaving play wouldn't necessary cause a die to be removed, since there isn't actually a die associated with that card. The character simply loses elite status and therefore is down to one die, which is all they have now. Of course, if you get another copy of training on that character but only had the two dice, one of which is held in place on PP, you are simply SOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, netherspirit1982 said:

It can't be rolled, manipulated or removed. For all intents and purposes that die is out of the game, it can't be interacted with. I don't think losing the elite status would change that.

While I agree that the you own the die, you no longer control it, your opponent does.

Not what the card says. It's not rolled and doesn't return to the character. Nothing to stop you from removing it from the game (like when the character dies).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blackholexan said:

My fear is that without a dedicated forum admin/moderator, many doubts / unclarified rules won't find answers in the next FAQ/Erratas document.

And these forums need subforums, now it is just a mess.

I usually rely on the support part of the site for that.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/customer-service/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...