Sign in to follow this  
cjk1975

A-Wing vs E-wing

So first session for the Corellian Campaign last night. At last minute I swapped out my list per slight recommendations from Reikan and Mon Mothma. Dadonna brought his fleet of 3 MC30's with the Admonition and 2 APT's followed up by 2 GR's with repair crews and Dadonna safely tucked in to one of them. Luke, Wedge and Hera were the first ones to drop out of hyperspace only to hear Hera come through the comms with an "Oh ****" as Han and Rogue Squadron come in with the rest of the fleet. Dadonna mumbles "I'm getting too old for this ****." As across the lane, 2 ISD's come into range with 2 Decimators and a hand full of Tie D's. Dadonna commands the fleet to go in slow and steady as the squadrons scramble in confusion. By the end of the last blaster, Han and Luke were the only ones that managed to get any hits in and Dadonna barely escaped alive and was transported by the squads to safety. He picks up his communicator and dials Reikan to formally give notice he's done with this and retires from the campaign as well as with Luke, Wedge, Hera, Han and Rogue Squadron.

Ugh it sucked but a great time. Granted it was only my second game ever but it was fun. I cut my losses and after points came in for refits and resources, I only had 2 shrimps I could fully repair, leave the 3rd scared and lose the transports. I also need to learn my token icons and what they do. I was thinking you can increase or decrease you speed with engineering tokens. I'm a freaking idiot. So new list is set for week 2. It's a lot heavier and what I wanted to play to begin with. I have it linked below and would love your feedback. Granted this is round 2, however due to starting over, I treat this week as it was week 1 and do not qualify for additional upgrade points until after round 2 is over.

So here was what I'm thinking. I'm comfortable playing with this type of ship however do I place 6 A-Wings in the list or 4 E-Wings with Corran in there. I like the idea of sniping from range 2 before engaging into a fight to see what I can take out first. Not only that they are still as versatile to the X-Wing but I blew up all the good Xwing support.....LOL

Thoughts would be great!

Westside Posse A-Wing 

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] MC80 Assault Cruiser (114 points)
-  Admiral Ackbar  ( 38  points) 
 Home One  ( 7  points) 
= 159 total ship cost

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114 points)
 Defiance  ( 5  points) 
= 119 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
= 51 total ship cost

6 A-Wing Squadrons ( 66 points) 

Card view link

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

or

Westside Posse E-Wing 

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault Objective: Most Wanted
Defense Objective: Planetary Ion Cannon
Navigation Objective: Solar Corona

[ flagship ] MC80 Assault Cruiser (114 points)
-  Admiral Ackbar  ( 38  points) 
 Home One  ( 7  points) 
= 159 total ship cost

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114 points)
 Defiance  ( 5  points) 
= 119 total ship cost

CR90 Corvette A (44 points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
= 51 total ship cost

1 Corran Horn ( 22 points) 
3 E-Wing Squadrons ( 45 points) 

Card view link

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

Ah ha, someone else going for the epic max hull version of correllian campaign.

Assuming you can concentrate on survival for the moment I would advise that you just take reinforced blast doors on your MC80s, or engine techs to let you maneuver unpredictably.

A wings would do a nice job, or potentially just load up on tonnes of Z95s? I would not touch Corran Horn yet. She is wonderful, however I advise that you run with squadrons that you are quite happy to not repair. Run them scarred next round, you can always run them over the station turn 1 to bring them back to health if need be. Let them die, concentrate on getting your monsters up and running with another corvette to keep them happy.