On 4/28/2017 at 7:35 AM, Tonbo Karasu said:

Honestly, despite my Dragonfly bias, I think that the Fox would be much better at leading a MCA: they are more traditional and acceptable to the rest of the Great Clans.

That's exactly why they shouldn't do it. The Mantis brought something unique to the table that made them stand out as a faction, and their not being "acceptable" is part of that. Bringing back the MCA led by the Fox would be a pointless exercise in box-checking, because the Fox-MCA wouldn't bring anything new and unique enough to justify making them a faction.

Honestly, I don't get why the first impulse every goddamn time is "We have to get rid of the Mantis clan!" as if that's what's keeping the game from returning to its glory days. Meanwhile here's the Phoenix and Dragon who were always ill-defined, poorly differentiated, and never had anything to actually do. But no, we can't solve that problem, the John Wick Cargo Cult demands we go "back to basics" by getting rid of the cool unique Clan and keeping the messed up, malformed mystical Clans in the same broken state!

Maybe they are trying to integrate the things the Mantis brought to the table into the Unicorn -- lord knows AEG tried that after years of totally ignoring or forgetting the Unicorn's identity and then just making them "Mantis, On Horses" -- but then that means nobody's doing what the Unicorn were supposed to be doing, and that makes me sad. The Unicorn's identity never really got to be played out, because the writers kept ignoring it or replacing it with Kolat nonsense. Someone needs to be compassionate to keep the setting from being preposterously alienating. Yoritomo was Kamina, Shinjo was Usagi Tsukino, you can't be both at the same time. 

I could see most of those minor clans coming back to provide little insights into the world that don't' stem from one of the player clans. They can also provide an easy way to get player voting or interaction without serious storyline repercussions. It's already been brought up but having a number of these minor clans could make the Mantis potentially different than they were during the ccg.

2 hours ago, slowreflex said:

Mantis and Spider have forum icons.  There has to be something in that... Have faith!

The forum icons were given at the time of the purchase. Even if at that time they'd intended to use all of the factions, things may have changed since then.

That said, I suspect they will introduce the factions somewhere down the line.

5 minutes ago, PlaguedOne said:

The forum icons were given at the time of the purchase. Even if at that time they'd intended to use all of the factions, things may have changed since then.

That said, I suspect they will introduce the factions somewhere down the line.

I think so too, but I don't anticipate more clans being added than Mantis and Spider.  9 clans would already be a ton to keep balanced.

22 hours ago, slowreflex said:

Mantis and Spider have forum icons.  There has to be something in that... Have faith!

Lies, Lies, Lies... 3JmtNdq.gif

20 hours ago, Shiba Gunichi said:

I think they'll turn up in some form, if only because there are art assets galore featuring their respective mon.

Way of the Neutral Card is always open.

On ‎3‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Shiba Gunichi said:

I think they'll turn up in some form, if only because there are art assets galore featuring their respective mon.

You know, I'd settle for minor Clan status for the moment. Maybe in this continuity they could be a lost clan. Dishonored themselves so bad that they had but two options: Mass sepukku or redeem themselves by conqureing the Shadowlands.* They chose the latter. The entire clan passed beyond the kaiju wall and for many years no trace of them was found. Now they have returned... But are they friend or foe?

* suicidal crusade.

New player here, honestly I'd love it if at least the Mantis came back. It might be personal bias (just look at my name), but the idea of an army of mercenaries wearing green armor really appeals to me. I will always be a loyal Dragon, but I'd love it for the Mantis to be a part of the story (and to play some of their cards in casual, though in tournaments I'll be repping Dragon).

Edited by Mandalore525