Sign in to follow this  
TallTonyB

Elves! Moar elves!

7 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

What's weird is the lack of a hero expansion. 

I imagine an Elf infantry command expansion will only come once they have a non-ranged infantry unit option? 

SKU RWM15 is missing. We thought it was the Uthuk army pack (and it still might be), but it could also be the Latari Infantry Unit Upgrade Expansion Pack.

5 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

Is "Column tactics" usable by any faction? (Or is the upgrade type unique to the elves?)

Any faction. Faction-specific cards have that faction's icon in the lower left corner and have that faction's color splashed over the frieze in the top of the card.

Edited by Budgernaut

55 minutes ago, jonboyjon1990 said:

What's weird is the lack of a hero expansion. 

I imagine an Elf infantry command expansion will only come once they have a non-ranged infantry unit option? 

I imagine they'll have some form of upgrade pack.  They announced the daqan/waiqar expansions a bit staggered, so I imagine the upgrade pack and hero pack will just show up sometime in the next month.

4 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

Is "Column tactics" usable by any faction? (Or is the upgrade type unique to the elves?)

It's a faction neutral card. Would also work well with the Daqan cavalry.

Just now, Budgernaut said:

Any faction. Faction-specific cards have that symbol's icon in the lower left corner and have that faction's color splashed over the frieze in the top of the card.

and it can only be found in the Elves expansion? 
Not investing any more into this game. 

1 minute ago, Hidatom said:

and it can only be found in the Elves expansion? 
Not investing any more into this game. 

For all we know it could be in the Oathsworn package. That was a hasty assumption that it is only in the Elves. FFG has said quite a few times that in RMG there will be neutral cards in all faction's boxes so that you wouldn't have to buy other faction's stuff to just get upgrades.

Edited by Schneeky

2 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

It's not limited to faction. There's no elf icon in the lower left corner. Unless you are looking to trade threat for better rerolls, I don't see much point in tacking this on anything other than the Leonx that you are bringing in their 1x3 or 2x3 formations. 

rwm14_cardfan_unit_leonx-riders.png

Just now, Schneeky said:

For all we know it could be in the Oathsworn package. That was a hasty assumption that it is only in the Elves. 

that's true. 
Anyway to get that information before I invest anymore into this game? It seemed pretty clear that they would NOT force you to buy out of faction packs to get upgrades...

1 minute ago, Schneeky said:

For all we know it could be in the Oathsworn package. That was a hasty assumption that it is only in the Elves. 

And if not it'll be available in a future Daqan and Waiqar pack. We know all neutral upgrades will be found in each faction.

1 minute ago, Schneeky said:

Exactly. And if it isn't in the Oathswon Cavalry Expansion, it may be in a future expansion down the road. They said they are going to make it feasible to buy only in a single faction, but that doesn't mean that all factions will have access to the same upgrades at the same time. Releases could be staggered.

12 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

that's true. 
Anyway to get that information before I invest anymore into this game? It seemed pretty clear that they would NOT force you to buy out of faction packs to get upgrades...

It doesn't look like it will be in the Oathsworn Cavalry pack. The preview article mentions that it comes with 5 neutral upgrades and pictures five of them.  If humans and undead don't get the Column Tactics upgrade immediately, I'm not going to lose much sleep. Of the 4 different unit types (Oathsworn, Reanimates, Reanimate Archers, Carrion Worm) that could even take the upgrade it's only really worth taking on the 46 point 3x2  Oathsworn Cavalry formation.   

rwm03_upgrade_cardfan.png

Edited by WWHSD

1 minute ago, jek said:

I would not be surprised if column tactics was either in the oathsworn box or with Lord Hawthorne but if you want to break out the torches and pitchforks by all means...

it seems pretty clear it is NOT in the oathsworn box 
"The Oathsworn Cavalry Unit Expansion also comes with five new upgrade cards that can be used with any army. " And then the article shows ll five of them. 
it might be in the hero box (and would make sense as he is a cavalry unit),  
"six new upgrade cards, four of which will improve any army and two that are exclusive to Lord Hawthorne."

I will hold off from lighting the torches until we see his cards.