Darth Sanguis

THE FAQ IS HERE

Only reason I'd use RLB now is to put A-Wings or interceptors in the face of a bomber squad so they can attack them during squadron phase for "free". Otherwise, I'm just giving my opponent an opportunity to engage anything at his will.

6 minutes ago, Gottmituns205 said:

The question is though, can Jendon use his ability whilst engaged? 

Yes. The FAQ says he can use it if he is not engaged. It does not say only if he is not engaged. It does not comment on what happens if he's engaged, because there is no rules basis for engagement preventing the general use of special abilities.

14 minutes ago, Gottmituns205 said:

The question is though, can Jendon use his ability whilst engaged? 

the original card text says "instead of attacking." Being engaged doesn't prevent you from attacking, just limits your targets. The clarification was (basically) about if he had no valid targets to attack

7 minutes ago, SeismicShock said:

the original card text says "instead of attacking." Being engaged doesn't prevent you from attacking, just limits your targets. The clarification was (basically) about if he had no valid targets to attack

ohhh I see, thx for that, I was still wondering why they added that clarification

Ok, that ruling on Jendon is good, I've had cases where he couldn't attack so I figured i couldn't use his ability.

I've got a Jendon, Bossek, and Zertik combo I want to try now...

Toss in Rhymer, Maarek Stele, and some bombers or defenders and you've got enough enough wipe the floor of a small fighter wing or a bomber ball while having so much hull it'll be hard to kill.

Add FC to some of your activations and I don't see much surviving a tangle that isn't a dedicated fighter wing.

Edited by Karneck

4 hours ago, mobow213 said:

I understand it to mean you can only discard one token per attack, not all four. I have always taken it as you can discard as many tokens as needed, so this is a nerf bat hit.

Again, to be fair, if you were discarding more than 1 token per attack, you were ignoring the restriction of "While", and thus, playing incorrectly... :D

1 hour ago, SeismicShock said:

Th wrestling could be a squadron ability that forces you to Attack  that squadron of able even if you could move away. 

Thinking on that I think it is pretty clear that the Jendon is setting up for that. 

Here's a way I would have solved the RLB issue. The wording might not be perfect, but it's at least clearer than what FFG did. I honestly think they got screwed over by a character limit on their card.

So, version 1, the one that makes RLB into a good upgrade:

"For each squadron you would activate with this command, you may instead ACTIVATE one of your set-aside squadrons by PLACING them within distance 1. It cannot move this activation but CAN PERFORM AN ATTACK."

Version 2, the one that makes RLB suck (my opinion) but might be the correct interpretation:

"For each squadron you would activate with this command, you may instead use your activations to place 1 of your set-aside squadrons within distance 1, unactivated. If activated through the use of further squadron commands during the same turn, they can perform an attack but cannot move."

One of the 2 version is the correct one. Probably. /sigh...

Edited by Sybreed

18 hours ago, Ginkapo said:

Joseph Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, Dacron Dien Bien Phu Falls, Rock Around the Clock Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Khrushchev Princess Grace, Peyton Place, I agree with Lyraeus

I'm a simple man. I see Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire", I like.

Also I wonder how many folks can identify each reference without google.

Edited by Madaghmire

On 22 April 2017 at 2:54 AM, thecactusman17 said:

Exactly.   Instead of Activating you place.

The FAQ has settled this.   Instead of activating you place squadrons.   Then you activate squadrons as normal with a restriction on the ones you just placed. 

That's how I see it

ISD with a squadron command of four +a squadron token + RLB and four set aside squadrons activates a squadron. Command, giving him five squadron activations

1) now instead of activating fighters RLB allows him to place set aside squadrons up to his squadron activation limit ( as per instructions on card). So he could place  five set aside ships  (4 for dial +1 for token), but he only has 4 set aside ships as allowed by the first sentence of the RLB card.

2) The FAQ now clarifies that these set aside ships are not activated and the ship can now go on and spend its squadron activations. It may activate the placed squadrons but in that case they may fire but not move...

3) the ISD has five activations so it could: activate and shoot the four placed fighters and activate one other fighter on the board or just activate 5 fighters already on the boards ( or any mix it chooses).

4) if the ISD chooses not to activate the placed fighters they can later be activated by a second ship, in which case they can move and fire as normal. Or they can be activated in the fighter command phase either moving or shooting or doing both if they are rouges.

i see no reason why placed squardons would not be affected by other effects that may move them,being moved 1 etc as long as it was not during the figher activation phase in which they were placed....

This makes RLB a very exciting card with a large capacity RLB ship being able to manover very large numbers of fighters...

On 22 April 2017 at 6:00 AM, Irishmadcat said:

So first the correct ruling on this card should have been.

Rapid launch bays are now banned. Please return them to FFG headquaters for your choice of YT-2400, firespray, z-95 miniature or Flight controllers card.

Since I would be paying tracked postage from the UK to US I would want a pre release hammerhead expansion kit please.

I hate to be overly critical or negative, but in this case it's warranted. This FAQ should have come out 5+ months ago, and for taking 6 months should have contained either a completed new RLB text or examples covering every situation possible, and should have included an Armada flow chart comparable to one released for X-Wing. RLB is no more playable and clear than it was before wave 5 was released.

FFG should be ashamed for taking 6 months to release something that should take no longer than 1 week to produce, abd shoulf have come out 2 weeks after wave 5/CC was released.

2 hours ago, Thraug said:

I hate to be overly critical or negative, but in this case it's warranted. This FAQ should have come out 5+ months ago, and for taking 6 months should have contained either a completed new RLB text or examples covering every situation possible, and should have included an Armada flow chart comparable to one released for X-Wing. RLB is no more playable and clear than it was before wave 5 was released.

FFG should be ashamed for taking 6 months to release something that should take no longer than 1 week to produce, abd shoulf have come out 2 weeks after wave 5/CC was released.

Yes:

Speed 1/10

application 1/10

overall score 2....... FAQ fail

On 4/22/2017 at 8:56 AM, Tirion said:

Not a Nerf you could always only do one token

When all the players in the region took it as you can spend all four token to cancel four dice, and now you can only use one token to cancel one dice its a nerf

15 minutes ago, mobow213 said:

When all the players in the region took it as you can spend all four token to cancel four dice, and now you can only use one token to cancel one dice its a nerf

None of the players in your region interpreted it correctly?

Maybe just dont advertise that? As Dras has pointed out several times its always been subject to the "while" in the text which limits it to one use. Several people doing it wrong just means several people doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, mobow213 said:

While. Admo says while. That means once. You got to know that rule. Or I'm OEing every black die repeatedly until I get a HIT/CRIT.

13 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

While. Admo says while. That means once. You got to know that rule. Or I'm OEing every black die repeatedly until I get a HIT/CRIT.

This is one of those things I feel needs to be explained a lot more frequently than any of us would like and it comes up particularly with newer players for me a lot about how "while" not only indicates the timing window but also that it can trigger one time (unless it says otherwise). Otherwise you are correct - you'd just reroll black dice with Ordnance Experts forever until they're all hit+crits. I'd be spending 5 hit icon dice when attacking a ship with Precision Strike to generate 5 tokens and 5 face-up damage cards. Etc.

38 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

You should die for writing those things. If FFG add your stupid rule they could nerf OE with the next FAQ:ph34r:

2 hours ago, mobow213 said:

This is just mind boggling to me... how SO many people could be completely and totally wrong on a rule that at least to me... seems obvious.   

It's cool to know though, that people can interpret things so very differently.  Still mind boggling. 

It happens though. If somebody tells me I can rolls my dice, leading shots, and then declare my IO, I might not think about it too critically until somebody points out a year and a half later that we're all doing it wrong...

And if it's frequently misinterpreted somewhere, seems to me like reasonable subject matter to clarify in an FAQ. Just because the right interpretation got socialized most places doesn't necessarily mean it's clear to everybody.

FAQs aren't just for otherwise-inscrutable interactions like Instigator + everything else.

Edited by Ardaedhel