Sign in to follow this  
tgall

AAR: VT Decimators in action

Great write up.

Only issue VT's have is that they are heavy and won't stop a bomber ball from bombing, other than that, VT's will wreck generics if left alone. 

But, if you get the hero VT, it is not heavy. You toss them in any ball and as Anakin would say. "This is where the fun begins."

Great battle report, and I liked seeing the rare squadrons taken out for a spin.

I've run Decimators myself, in one of 2 formats that may be a bit better:

• Morna Kee, Rhymer and 4 Decimators

(Morna is a lot better than a normal decimator -8 hull with a renewable Brace is brilliant, but not being Heavy is the real prize)

• Morna Kee, Rhymer, 3 Decimators, Zertrik and Gamma

(Zertrik with his double brace makes the whole fleet take longer to kill, especially if he only engages a couple of enemies and splits their firepower. Zertrik's ability also benefits from high hull allies. Gamma is a brilliant bomber, not just because of Grit but also it is not heavy for 10pts)

20 hours ago, tgall said:

Ever wonder what a pack of VT Decimators might be able to accomplish? Me too. Here's an AAR with plenty of pictures about how it all went.

http://www.mantorvilleexpress.com/gaming/2017/04/20/star-wars-armada-the-one-about-vt-decimators/

3 blue non-bomber do the same raw damage as 2 blue bomber (but no crits oc). So the Decimator hits fairly hard I'd say.