Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

You are correct on the Dragon.  It was in the initial release of previewed cards that I ignored the numbers on as They seemed not to be final.

In regards to the Lion clan champion, I thought Toturi was the Clan champ.  His spreadsheet had both Toturi and Arasou as floating cards.  I assume one is the champion and will be in the set.  I haven't seen any mention that the other one will unless I missed it.

In the "What is happening with the Legend of Five Rings storyline part of the product description, there are little blurbs on the different clans. In the Lion part, it is said that Arasou is the Lion clan "Leader" and that Toturi is a young brillant general. It would surprising that named characters in the product description are in the core set.

Edited by KerenRhys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JRosen9 said:

Right, but have you seen anything stating that Toturi will have a card in the core set?

Nope, nothing at all.  I was kind of expecting all the characters that we have heard named to be in, but then we got the Crane story followed by no Shizue, Toshimoko, Yoshi etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KerenRhys said:

In the "What is happening with the Legend of Five Rings storyline part of the product description, there are little blurbs on the different clans. In the Lion part, it is said that Arasou is the Lion clan "Leader" and that Toturi is a young brillant general. It would surprising that named characters in the product description are in the core set.

By that logic, Kachiko should be listed in the floating cards for Scorpion but does not appear.  Also, the fact that the only known Crane in the core is Hotaru, makes this a bad assumption to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JRosen9 said:

By that logic, Kachiko should be listed in the floating cards for Scorpion but does not appear.  Also, the fact that the only known Crane in the core is Hotaru, makes this a bad assumption to make.

Yeah, and  I personally think that Kachiko will be in. I don't understand what's your point with Hotaru as she is the only Crane mentioned the little blurb talked about (except Satsume who's dead).

Edited by KerenRhys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JRosen9 said:

1) I have Elemental Fury as card 16.  I am certain I saw that revealed.  This puts Ancestral Lands at 15 (Unless sorting is by element and not alphabetical).

Sorting by element I didn't even consider that.

Today it just hit me that Unicorn could have one additional province card at number 15. That would resolve the imbalance in total Unicorn cards.

However Ancestral Land is a hot contender for #15 and I did't think of any way how the Provinces might be sorted so it could appear on another number. However ring sorting could totally be a thing for provinces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yandia said:

Sorting by element I didn't even consider that.

Today it just hit me that Unicorn could have one additional province card at number 15. That would resolve the imbalance in total Unicorn cards.

However Ancestral Land is a hot contender for #15 and I did't think of any way how the Provinces might be sorted so it could appear on another number. However ring sorting could totally be a thing for provinces.

I don't think Unicorn would have 2 provinces.  With 17 provinces that means each clan has 1 and 2 neutral for each element.  If we are all correct and you need to have 1 of each element for provinces, then giving unicorn 2 provinces means 1 element doesn't have a deck construction choice (unless your clan one shares the element) and everyone is forced to use that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JRosen9 said:

Very nice breakdown.  Here is where I found differences between my spreadsheet and yours.  

1) I have Elemental Fury as card 16.  I am certain I saw that revealed.  This puts Ancestral Lands at 15 (Unless sorting is by element and not alphabetical).

2) I have Borderlands Fortification as card 38

3) I have no number on Way of the Dragon

4) You have several cards in the floating cards that I have not seen mentioned as cards.  I know the champions have been stated to be in the set but cards such as Akodo General or Akodo Arasou I have not seen mentioned.

I see your points for #1 and #2. 8's often look like 6's, and I didn't realize we had a non-fanned version of Elemental Fury to view. As for 3, you can see it in the Way Of fan, and 4 has been answered elsewhere.

 

4 hours ago, JRosen9 said:

Right, but have you seen anything stating that Toturi will have a card in the core set?

I added Toturi to the spoiler because of this tweet:

 

It's the same level of evidence as Togashi Kazui, Warrior Poet, and Isawa Atsuko. It's possible that the artist was mistaken or that the card won't be in the core set, but given that it's already been showed off... I don't think that's terribly likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Khift said:

I added Toturi to the spoiler because of this tweet:

It's the same level of evidence as Togashi Kazui, Warrior Poet, and Isawa Atsuko. It's possible that the artist was mistaken or that the card won't be in the core set, but given that it's already been showed off... I don't think that's terribly likely.

I'd say there is definitely a Toturi card coming however, I wouldn't say its assured for the core set.  In the AEG days, they would put out contracts for art well ahead of sets.  In some cases the artist would post the art and the card using wouldn't be released for another 2-3 sets (and sometimes never).  I don't know how FFG does it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are close to finalizing the print files for the entire first block and that piece could just as easily be in those cards than the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's very possible that Akodo Arasou gets killed in the first fiction and doesn't actually appear in the core set.  Arasou's only role in the original canon was to serve as the initial wedge between his brother and Tsuko.  From what we knew of his character, he was pretty similar to Tsuko in temperament.  The Lion are probably more interesting if he dies early.

On another note, the man in that art is far too good looking to be Toturi.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2017 at 10:21 PM, williamobrien said:

I think it's very possible that Akodo Arasou gets killed in the first fiction and doesn't actually appear in the core set.  Arasou's only role in the original canon was to serve as the initial wedge between his brother and Tsuko.  From what we knew of his character, he was pretty similar to Tsuko in temperament.  The Lion are probably more interesting if he dies early.

On another note, the man in that art is far too good looking to be Toturi.  

Instead of killing him off, I would rather see him represent the archetype of "cunning, pragmatic, ruthless Lion".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Indeed.  Spreadsheet was updated last night, I'll do the OP on Wednesday night, probably.

Is said spreadsheet available for consumption anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The art for Toturi is very nice, but he definitely looks a lot different physically than the original Toturi. In Old5R, he was a tall, lanky / rangy guy, especially in his youth. Then again, his less bulky build might have been at least partially the result of being raised by monks (though some of those monks, especially his main sensei, were great tacticians). If this version of Toturi was never sent away from the Lion for several years, he could be a 'beefier' guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotcha. I thought it's going to be Arasou, honestly. 

 

EDIT
...actually, which one was named? The older guy with beard or the younger one? 

EDIT2

Found it!

Edited by WHW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the second tab, you've exchanged keywords and traits (I assume you've played L5R CCG for a long time, but not FFG's LCGs). In FFG games, Traits are descriptors to be referenced (and therefore can appear on cards of any type, provided it makes thematic sense), while Keywords have rules attached to them (and therefore appear only where they make mechanic sense).

Thanks for the quick fix.

Edited by Khudzlin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated with the last week's spoilers.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:11 PM, Wintersong said:

Potentail cards to spoil: events, kihos, spells, senseis, ancestors. Tokens?

I do not think that events as we knew them in O5R will be in the core box, possibly not ever.  There are a couple of cards with the Spell keyword, but they look more like kihos.  Sensei would not make much sense with the card pool we have currently: I expect some effects that were on Sensei before will be on future Strongholds.  If there are Ancestors, they'll just be an attachment with the Ancestor Keyword (Trait?).  There has been nothing suggesting that token Characters or Followers will exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are precedents in FFG games for events (think strategies or actions, depending on how much of an old-timer you are :P) that get put into play as cards of other types, but the only game they made with token characters was Conquest. Also, they tend to differentiate cards like spells or kihos by traits rather than card types (combined with play restrictions on the cards, like on Cloud the Mind), and they could make Spell attachments as well as Spell events (like they did in Arkham).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Loamcestral said:

Is there a page with the images of all the spoiled cards so far?

There's an album on Imgur, but I cannot give you the link right now as the site seems to be down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...