VadersMarchKazoo

Game storage solutions

On 20/04/2017 at 9:00 AM, VadersMarchKazoo said:

And finally, some other game essentials that so far have found there way into a sandwich bag.

33990121182_e9034a19b0_c.jpg

So i just gotta know: where did u get the 3d crates and terminals? And do they come with doors and enough for each token?

I got a pretty big plastic tub at Wal-Mart for just a few bucks yesterday for both my Imperial Assault and Descent tiles.

I have my IA tiles sorted into bags by expansion, with the smaller tiles (2x2 and under) placed into a smaller, sub bag.

For Descent, tiles are sorted into bags based off sets of ten (1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc), while small tiles are placed in their own bag and sorted into sub bags based on tile shape (2x2 connector, 1x2 connector, 1x2 end, etc).  Slid the whole tub under my side table, and cleared a ton of space off my shelf yesterday.

Here is my current storage solution, which seems to change up every time a new wave comes out, but oh well.

- Core Box = Miniature Storage: None of them are painted, and larger figures are assembled. Smaller figures are separated into bags (Heroes, Allies, Core enemies, Enemies by expansion (one bag per expansion), Enemies with no expansion ties)

- Twin Shadows Box = Small Map tiles: All tiles small enough to fit in a baggy are in this box, one bag per expansion, and two bags for core tiles (separated by set).

- Return to Hoth Box = Large Map Tiles: No bags, just stacks of tiles as they are all large and easy enough to tell apart at a quick glance.

- Bespin Gambit Box = Skirmish Only Components & Unused components: This is my catch all box for everything I don't really use, as I only play campaign. This includes all command cards, skirmish missions, skirmish upgrades, skirmish deployment cards, duplicate deployment cards, character tokens (replaced by minis), extra condition cards and tokens, group tokens/decals.

- Jabba's Realm Box = Cards and manuals. All cards separated into baggies (Campaign missions, side missions, Imperial Agenda decks (2 bags worth), Rebel deployment, Imperial deployment, Scum deployment, Hero class cards (2 bags), Imperial class cards, Items, Rewards, Supply Crates, Companions, hero sheets, and manuals stacked on top.

- Heart of the Empire Box = Active Campaign. This is where I keep all of the common components that are always used, and whatever map tiles and figures I'll need for the next planned game when playing a campaign. Plano box containing all tokens, dice bag with 2 sets of dice, round/threat dial.

- Binder with plastic sleeves = Compendium of figure pack missions: I keep this separate binder of all of the mission sheets that come with the individual figure packs.

- Plastic Tub/Tote = Overall storage: All of the boxes and the binder fit nicely into this tub which I can then tuck into my closet. I cannot put a top on it as the boxes are slightly too tall when standing vertically, but that's okay. Leaves room for at least one more large expansion before I have to consider getting a bigger tub.

1 hour ago, Inmate4251 said:

- Heart of the Empire Box = Active Campaign. This is where I keep all of the common components that are always used, and whatever map tiles and figures I'll need for the next planned game when playing a campaign. Plano box containing all tokens, dice bag with 2 sets of dice, round/threat dial.

Cannot suggest enough!  An "Active Campaign" box is probably the most important part of storing this game, if you're into the campaign side of things.