Polda

Polda's Painting - Shrubberies & Skellingtons

Are those trees made or bought? I've been looking everywhere for big chunky trees to make my forest terrain, because I'm too lazy to scratch build them. So far no luck.

9 hours ago, shoeshine said:

Are those trees made or bought? I've been looking everywhere for big chunky trees to make my forest terrain, because I'm too lazy to scratch build them. So far no luck.

The entire forrest piece is a plastic kit sold by GW called Citadel Wood.

I am thinking about making my own with denser foliage. In this case I'd look for some trees in a store selling model railway kits. Those always carry a good selection of flock, static grass and trees.

8 hours ago, Darthain said:

That is looking outrageously fine Polda, what bend. Method you using there, wet or feathering?

Wet blending for the gradients around the face and chest where the focus will be. Very simple layering on the other parts.

13 hours ago, Ywingscum said:

Looks amazing.  Your description of how you did it is another language to me though haha

Well there's a second Golem on my table. Just sitting there. Unpainted. Waiting... I mean it's not like anyone would be interested in a brief step by step write up is it?