Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trumpet

The upcoming Ally and Villian packs

Recommended Posts

Will the latest up coming ally/Villian expansions (jawa and droids etc) be playable with just the core set I can't seem to find any detail about this,

thanks

Trumpet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Any blister packs that have come independent of an expansion only require core components. 

Examples are Hired Guns/Wookie/ST, Bantha/Smuggler, Obi-Wan/Inquis/Greedo and now this latest wave of BT/Jawa/Hera.

It should also say on the back of the blister pack so you can manually check once they hit stores.

Edited by FrogTrigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Yes. Any blister packs that have come independent of an expansion only require core components. 

Examples are Hired Guns/Wookie/ST, Bantha/Smuggler, Obi-Wan/Inquis/Greedo and now this latest wave of BT/Jawa/Hera.

It should also say on the back of the blister pack so you can manually check once they hit stores.

Exception is Bantha -> He needs Twin Shadows map tiles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*maybe some weak spoilers/predictions*

But what about time period? I know that the last blister wave (OB1 and Grand Inq.) didn't have time periods, causing for some debate, but I don't recall if Hera/droids will have time periods. Now that Rebels season 4 has been announced as the last season of Rebels, this might mean that there will be some time period issue with these characters. Although, as far as Hera and Chopper, we know they make it to the Battle of Skarif, which will probably take place near or immediately after season 4 . As IP, I won't play characters that don't fit the cannon timeline even without time period restricitons, which is sort of a (self-inflicted) bummer because I plan to play the Nemesis deck in my next JR campaign (i.e. no Greedo or Grand Inq.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think FFG has just decided timelines don't really matter anymore and are far to restrictive. At first I was very against this, I liked the RPG side of IA and found it hard to rationalize these dead characters being used in missions. But once I realized how much fun it was to just cram it all together I got past it. The game is more enjoyable without timelines, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh.. I'd never even thought about the significance of Hera and Chopper being in the same pack before, until the idea has started to surface that they're the only ones that make it to the battle of Scarif. Interesting - possibly a coincidence, but there might be something more in it...

I tend to stick to the canon timelines for my campaigns, mainly because my players aren't quite the fanboy I am and am more likely to query things like obi-wan figting on Hoth etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ellhaynes said:

Oh.. I'd never even thought about the significance of Hera and Chopper being in the same pack before, until the idea has started to surface that they're the only ones that make it to the battle of Scarif. Interesting - possibly a coincidence, but there might be something more in it...

I tend to stick to the canon timelines for my campaigns, mainly because my players aren't quite the fanboy I am and am more likely to query things like obi-wan figting on Hoth etc..

Maybe, but I think it's just because Chop is Hera's droid.

 

I have a feeling that we'll see a lot more "doubled up" unique packs, especially going into Rebels, Rogue One, and EU territory.  Makes it easier to sell, and it makes their missions more worth playing (getting 2 uniques instead of 1).  

If we get stuff from those eras, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see stuff like Chirrut and Baze, Cassian and K2, Ezra and Kanan, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

Maybe, but I think it's just because Chop is Hera's droid.

 

I have a feeling that we'll see a lot more "doubled up" unique packs, especially going into Rebels, Rogue One, and EU territory.  Makes it easier to sell, and it makes their missions more worth playing (getting 2 uniques instead of 1).  

If we get stuff from those eras, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see stuff like Chirrut and Baze, Cassian and K2, Ezra and Kanan, 

In that vein, I think it would have been better to couple Han and Chewie because they could have put some fun synergistic abilities (perhaps as attachments) for playing both. Of course, arm chair quarterbacks are very good at hind-sight play calls...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

 

I think FFG has just decided timelines don't really matter anymore and are far to restrictive. At first I was very against this, I liked the RPG side of IA and found it hard to rationalize these dead characters being used in missions. But once I realized how much fun it was to just cram it all together I got past it. The game is more enjoyable without timelines, for sure.

I like the timelines on the side of the cards because (as an IP who adheres to them) it's a quick way of filtering my side mission deck before a campaign. Without them, to keep things pseudo-canonical, I have to read the rewards for each mission to make sure it fits in. I can certainly appreciate the counter point about the fun of mash-ups and also the general aim to keep things simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

In that vein, I think it would have been better to couple Han and Chewie because they could have put some fun synergistic abilities (perhaps as attachments) for playing both. Of course, arm chair quarterbacks are very good at hind-sight play calls...

Right.  Plus, earlier in the game, they kinda needed the extra missions for variety.  Now we have plenty, and it's more fun to have missions that utilize multiple allies/villains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...