Wes Janson

Corellian Conflict limited mods

Hey all,

after playing several Corellian Conflict Campaigns my group noted it was very easy win or lose to get some serious combos rolling right after the first round of games was over. We tried this previous time around with a single upgrade card/ship/round allowance when spending your extra points after a campaign round. Each round saw ships emerging with unique talents, but also changed the very core of upgrade applications. Some combos that required a large amount of upgrade cards were earned over many fights, while some were skipped over in favour of a shorter term fix. Not a significant change to the overall campaign, but a rather fun way to see a high end ship develop or die trying.

For future events we plan on keeping this house rule in effect. Feel free to contribute suggestions and tweaks that helped made your own CC a good time.

Edited by Wes Janson

I like this idea for limiting upgrades on a ship better than what my group ended up trying for a house rule (only one upgrade + title per ship). I'll suggest this to our group and would like to give it a try. Seems like a good way to keep upgrade shenanigans from happening too quickly after round one.

For my campaign I house-ruled that ships could only have 2 upgrades on turn 2, and then on turn 3 you could take as many as you wanted (though I could see a 3-upgrade limit on turn 3).  This has helped our fleets become more varied as you end up spending points on new squadrons or ships as opposed to decking out a few ships with all your resources on a given turn.

Overall it's been a success and I would definitely use this house rule again.