Sign in to follow this  
*Flare_22

My Tiger Fleet repaints

Finished my Tiger Fleet a few weeks ago. Ended up getting all the Imperial ships as more projects. Already built an LED Victory, so now that my confidence is boosted I'm looking at repainting the ISD and then adding LEDs and fiber optic lights.

And all this was inspired by the Vykes thread a while back. I saw how awesome the ships could look and decided to go all in on it (so thanks!).

Tiger Fleet Front cut.jpg

Tiger Fleet Side cut.jpg

2 hours ago, *Flare_22 said:

Pull the paint off? Soaked the ships in high % isopropyl alcohol for a few hours, then brushed the paint right off.

I meant how did you pull off the Tiger stripes?

Brush paint?

5 hours ago, cruiser2710 said:

I meant how did you pull off the Tiger stripes?

Brush paint?

Ahh, yeah. Stripes went on last with a brush. The good thing was you kind of want to not be straight to have a more random look so mistakes were easier to deal with. Any time I messed up I just made the stripe a little faster or extended it out a bit more. I also looked at lots of tiger stripe pictures to get an idea of how I wanted them to look.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:44 PM, Lord Ashram said:

Well, it is interesting, very well painted, but I cannot approve of all of those big ships having three a wings with them.  Get some real fighters in there.

Heh, I've considered a HWK-290 repaint with some X-wings/B-wings. This is basically my CC campaign fleet minus the a-wing and flotilla.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:57 PM, Salted Diamond said:

My first thought was an old toy line from GI JOE in the late 80's, Tiger Force.   (I think I just dated myself there, dear god I'm feeling old now)

On 5/11/2017 at 1:44 AM, Zeoinx said:

JoeCon_2015_148.jpg~original

Yep, that's them right there

Whats amusing is I dont like the GI joe Tigerforce versions over the original versions, as the red plastic looks cheaper quality, and the paintjobs make them look extreamly....goofy. It ruin what minor immersion i can get from the GI Joe toys lol