CMtheGM

Edmonton, Alberta - where to buy?

I'd be interested as well...I was at Sentry Box on the weekend and didn't buy it, which I regret. A link shouldn't be necessary unless there are no Edmonton stores selling it? (Ie just the store name)

It's so weird to me that Edmonton and Calgary despite being so close geographically and in population have such different player bases. No rune wars being hyped, no IA tourneys, is it just sentry box stepping up or a genuine lake of interest in Edmonton? 

I'm in Saskatchewan, Calgary is a long drive for me on a really crappy high way, Edmonton is a straight shot on a double. I'd actually make the trip for IA/RuneWars tourneys if they hosted any, but seems like even though they are at a million + I still have to go to Calgary or bust. I don't even think Winnipeg had a Regionals this year. Then I look at all the Americans that have 8-10 options within a 3-4 hour drive and think "Ya.. I'd like a piece of that" :P 

12 minutes ago, Dusty27 said:

I got my copy coming in from Board Game Bliss. I currently live in Grande Prairie and might be moving to Leduc. Hope to see you in a tournament some day :-)

How long was the shipping time?

I'm more of a beer and pretzels games with friends in the basement sort of guy, but I'm sure I'll hit the occasional event.

Me my favorite place to play is Friday night on my kitchen table once a month. I get a load of friends over; drink and bull the night away with games out of my collection. I just like to come to the odd tournament. My favorite type of tournament has to be the ultra casual xwing epic team games with multiple tables of objectives that you can hyperspace jump to! Hopefully I can find some folks in Edmonton that are into Casual Narrative Play for Runewars.  

Takes 3-4 days to get from Toronto to Grande Prairie. Maybe a day less for you because you already live in Edmonton. I really like Board Game Bliss as they have some of the best prices and give me shipping once I go over $200. So generally I will pick up a game or two every couple months and then ship when I hit $200. I have tried local stores here in the North but it take forever to get things in. Warp 2 is pretty good at getting things in tho; so I look forward to that. 

There are two copies left at $99.95 CAD when I just looked now. 

https://www.boardgamebliss.com/products/runewars-miniatures-game?variant=24352537665

I am located in Edmonton.  I get most of my Stuff at Warp 2.  I would love to find a community that plays in the area (if there is one that someone knows of I would love to hear about it).  Even if there is a group in Calgary I would be fine taking a drive every few months for a match or two.

On 9/6/2017 at 10:52 PM, Terraforcer said:

I am located in Edmonton.  I get most of my Stuff at Warp 2.  I would love to find a community that plays in the area (if there is one that someone knows of I would love to hear about it).  Even if there is a group in Calgary I would be fine taking a drive every few months for a match or two.

Calgary Facebook group

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1290470044371152?tsid=0.24896447635493946&source=result