Hawkstrike

Future Alt Arts you'd like to see

1 hour ago, tsondaboy said:

here you go:

2013-aa-wedge.jpg

You can see most of the past alt art cards here:

http://kevbelisle.github.io/XWingPromos/

I just played a game against a guy running this card last week. It was so beautiful. :D 

I really miss the movie still alt-arts for named pilots. I have ones for Luke, Han, Mauler, Jendon and Biggs, and they all look much better than most of the commissioned art pieces that FFG uses.

2 hours ago, Verlaine said:

As for pilots, I'd really like an alt art Luke.

Can't tell if you are serious or joking about alt art Luke?  Luke is one of the most heavily featured characters in all the games art, second only to his dad (spoiler, Darth Vader :-) who got a bump with the system open crew and damage deck art.

So far Luke has been featured about 7 times in standard and promo cards.

Here is a list that comes to mind:

Promos:

Oversize double sided pilot promo card

Movie Still  pilot card

Nationals comic art pilot card

Fathers day extend art double sided pilot promo card

Standard:

Original Pilot card

Crew Card

Dead eye

FFG loves Luke, so there are plenty of versions of him out there if you really want one ;-)

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

This.

As much as I would rather have some other cool options like Wedge, Soontir Fel, or loads of different upgrade cards, I have to agree faq cards that have the new correct text should come first. 

As pointed out, Wedge does have a great movie still promo card, Soontir Fel also has already been featured. He was the first promo variant to break away from the movie versions ;-)

16 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

an all Sabine alt art pack! 

Pilot: Sabine something

upgrade card: sabine

plastic: thermal detonators

dice bag: with sabine on it

For the dice bag, might I suggest instead of Sabine herself on it, it is colored and designed like she painted it, with a large Rebel Fire Bird on it?

14 hours ago, Tibbel said:

I'd like to see alt art cards of generally useful upgrades that only come in big expansions or that would be handy to have extra copies of.

· Kanan Jarrus (crew) -- maybe with his new eyewear

· R3-A2

· Agent Kallus

· "Wampa"

· Attanni Mindlink

Paul La Rue has a great Kanan card, for pilot though

kanan_card.jpg

Would be cool if FFG did a Mothers Day card like they did with Vader/Luke on Fathers Day. Norra on one side, Snap on the other :P

2 hours ago, Echoseven said:

Can't tell if you are serious or joking about alt art Luke?  Luke is one of the most heavily featured characters in all the games art, second only to his dad (spoiler, Darth Vader :-) who got a bump with the system open crew and damage deck art.

So far Luke has been featured about 7 times in standard and promo cards.

Here is a list that comes to mind:

Promos:

Oversize double sided pilot promo card

Movie Still  pilot card

Nationals comic art pilot card

Fathers day extend art double sided pilot promo card

Standard:

Original Pilot card

Crew Card

Dead eye

FFG loves Luke, so there are plenty of versions of him out there if you really want one ;-)

I haven't kept up well with the alt art cards and haven't competed in a lot of events, sorry.

3 hours ago, enigmahfc said:

Talonbane Cobra or Kavil, just so I can know what they looks like.

If we continue of FFG's recent path of alt art for fairly useless pilots, though, I'd pick Dace Bonearm (BONEARM!), Fel's Wraith, or Jek Porkins.

Dace Bonearm; awesome name, disappointing piece.

My votes for alt arts:

Crackshot

Palpatine

Manaroo

Fenn Rau

Autothrusters (though I don't believe there is a precedence for alt art cards outside of Pilot/Crew/EPT yet.)

R2-D2 Crew

R3-A2

2 hours ago, Verlaine said:

I haven't kept up well with the alt art cards and haven't competed in a lot of events, sorry.

Its a lot to keep track of for sure!  If you don't have the Fathers Day Luke/Vader promo, shoot me a pm, I can send you an extra ;-)

I just wish they would go back to movie stills. Those were so much nicer than the art cards they released. 

Returning to Alt-art generics for participation prizes would also be nice or, at the very least, if they continue with the upgrade cards make them something useful. Cause really, Swarm Tactics?