Sign in to follow this  
Lyraeus

What do you want to see in the future?

16 minutes ago, Vineheart01 said:

oh i know what i want

Orcs.

Cant have a fantasy game without orcs. WAAA-- wait thats scifi....

There's orcs in Runesetting. And Dwarves too...whether we'll see them...dunno.

I would love to see well designed world map. Generally bit more of the narrative setting would be welcomed.

Units: aforementioned ideas are all greate, but I would say dragons at the first place (big, multi-tray).

Mechanics? It would be fantastic if they could design alternate mechanics that would allow to play individual minis instead of entire trays, and some sort of 'single player mode' - the idea with preprogramed dragon is good idea of such scenario.

Edited by Szww

1 minute ago, power500500 said:

Ummmmm...CHAOS LORDS!!!

Long live this Uthuk!

I can't wait to see how some of their heroes and command figures look. Plus it wouldn't be the Uthuk without the glorious Flesh Rippers.

1 minute ago, Muz333 said:

Long live this Uthuk!

I can't wait to see how some of their heroes and command figures look. Plus it wouldn't be the Uthuk without the glorious Flesh Rippers.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Uthuk but they are fun to play in other games. I'm excited to see the Rippers and if Fury will play into the faction. I sure hope so. Oh and like I said...Chaos Lord!

I want a WORLD MAP :D

I want Bears  (for Latari)

I want artillery weapons (Scorpions, Mangonels, etc.)

I want Panzer IV units, V2 missiles ramps.... .... .... oh sorry, wrong background, my bad :P

I want a World map, a detailed world map (already mentioned ? Oh boy !)

I want a Meteor rain spell that kills everything including yourself...

I want daqan heavy armored swordmen

I want two wielding weapons units (like berserkers, Rogues, etc.)

I want Santa Clause to give me a full range of Runewars stuffs for Christmas 2017 if the world still exists then... (or at least the areas between the factories and my home so I can get the games...)

I want to piss on the table.... .... no wait, wrong connection in my head...:P (for those who know that lovely video "the italian guy who went to Malta).

I want golems with four weapons, a full armor and red laser eyes....

I want siege rules

I want more terrains, especially houses and towers or destroyed walls (we already have ruins somewhere) to be able to play a full "defending battle" where you have a limited number of turn to pierce the last defense of a city or the same amount of turns to survive the agressive offensive before reinforcements arrive.

I want my own character being sculpted as a hero of the forest where I can live with birds and deers and call myself Mowgli  or Tarzan.... don't know which one honestly....:lol:

Ok I'll stop here because It's late here (7pm) and I'm getting tired enough to be like a zombie writing his usual nonsense on a forum where everyone is tired of him already.

Have fun with your boxe guys, mines are on the way, don't know if they'll make it tomorrow or if I'll have to wait until next week. 

I want movement trays that aren't interlocking puzzles, so they don't interrupt the flow of the game.  Honestly, if the game fails, this could be 85% of the reason why. 

"More Runewars Miniatures Game news will be coming soon and frequently" So many great beasties and heroes they could and I think will port over from games like Descent, I get a feeling they've probably brainstormed a lot of potential RWM releases for the long-term based on how sales go long-term, as it looks like the game is going to be huge in that respect I can see lots of amazing figures and extras coming out. And my wallet filing for a divorce on the grounds of rampant unfaithfulness.

As I'm a Skarn fan it would be good to bring him in but I'm not sure where/how he'd fit. Plus he'd need to have ravens with him so a few raven flock pieces. Again if they fit, maybe some of the characters with familiars. And Queen Ariad and her minions (would this work? both her forms?). Some things could be tricky in terms of the key lore factions but have potential to be their own faction such as Ariad fielding a horde of various spiders.

Pegasi, rocs,  Frost Wyrm, Malaana's mount (please please please and maybe some rival / allied scorpion critters based on other species), Siege Golem    : +1 to all those

A beastie that's powerful but unpredictable and hard to control so it might just target you if you don't keep it in check.

Quote: " Enough figures to play Runewars boardgame battles using Runewars Miniature Game." I did see this in another thread with somebody saying you couldn't as they are too big. So a big board to do so. Playmat maybe. Especially if you could replace the figures in games with the *cough* flimsier pieces.Mind you could be very expensive- some would need a lot of figures! They should work on uniting the Runebound games family more though now and make more of the crossovers especially continuing to fuse the lore across the different games. Games like Descent and BattleLore are so great it's worth keeping them all fresh.

I want to see some terrain/buildings but then my wallet would probably not just divorce me but rise up with an army against me so I'd want releases to be paced a bit, and for them not to mean the other Runebound universe games don't get abandoned and still get reprints/ new content.

"A descent conversion kit" Hadn't thought of that now rather obvious sounding idea, good call, (don't forget the first edition stuff- agreed MarkNorfolk), it would be seriously costly to re-buy everything they cross over in RWM form, not even sure I'd go for that as being a Descent fan/collector/ painter eventually, it cost a lot albeit worth it for my Descent kit so to double it up might not be something I'd go for (it would also be more storage space) so for those who have a Descent resource pool already that would be neat, and maybe the odd special figure from other games such as the Great Dragon and Mountain Giant piece (BattleLore). But some pieces are just pleading to be ported over as an even better sculpt, the banshee from BattleLore is already an amazingly inspired piece, a top quality RWM version would be just wow https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/1/the-invasion-begins-1/     The figure's great with its captors dragging it into battle (the reason it's such an awesome mini) but maybe two pieces as perhaps it can escape (freed by the other side?) to have its revenge, oh that idea would be so sweet!

Bone Horrors and similar bone constructs, a dragon in this vein could be impressive but there may be other creatures magically assembled from bone, ideas? Something big cat-ish?

drkpnthr's idea for neutrals is great- entities belonging to the natural location you are in that might threaten both sides or be possible to capture and control and so on.

I'm still having an agonizing, hopeful, wishful wait to see if 'The Sea of Blood' will get an improved Descent 2nd edition release but there has to be potential for RWM here too, not sure if its pirates element would work, they might sit a bit odd with other factions? But the sea monsters idea could certainly fit. Kraken! A faction controlling such entities?

Elrad, thank you for the beautiful beautiful humour alongside the good suggestions.

And leaving you with this from Wiktionary, word origin of scorpion includes: " an engine of war which discharged arrows" maybe they could play with this and have a machine unit of some sort (especially if it is close to some kind of original although i think someone said it was small rather than a major weapon) called a scorpion. And a Skorpios creature unit, one of the yellowish type of scorpion.

4 minutes ago, rudedog said:

I want movement trays that aren't interlocking puzzles, so they don't interrupt the flow of the game.  Honestly, if the game fails, this could be 85% of the reason why. 

You could just apply some simple basing tricks to make them easier to remove. 

Like some walls or weapons to grab to help lift it all straight up. Also practice with the trays or use a cut to size metal sheet and magnetize the trays so that you can slide them and lift them in groups 

i really dont see the interlocking bases being that big of an issue.

And even if they did somehow prove to be such a big flaw, magnets ftw. Lop off the protruding puzzle pieces, use them to fill the other side of the puzzle piece, and apply magnets via drills and glue.

On 13/04/2017 at 11:06 PM, Englishpete said:

Dragons and a Chaos Army. My needs are simple :-)

I think the dragons will get released, the community seems to have a thing for them!

And maxam's wallpaper thinking- I like, who wouldn't want a Carrion Worm Lancer taking on all those tasks to be done on the PC!

Incoming?: Barrow Worm dragon and Necromancers? https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/247092-new-tournament-posters-waiqar-dragon-spoiler/

Ah, already had the necromancers coming: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/3/legions-of-death-1/

Edited by Martinslair
wallpaper please / incoming

For undead, I'd like to see vampires , zombies, maybe werewolves?  Large monster skeletons, bone dragon perhaps.  

But no versions of Egyptian or the like.  This isn't Earth.  A fantasy world, maybe Egyptian or roman inspired.

the Uthak have unlimited potential for units.

latari, the yeron, the flying horses, wild elves.

dwarves. Dark elves, dragons, winged lizard men please!

I hope FFG stays away from really large models for Runewars. It always seems like the Warmachine and Warhammer guys have these on the table when theycare playing and I think that they look silly.

I want a giant moose mount and some Ents!  .... oh, you asked what we wanted for the future not what we want in the present.

Well, ok, scorpions will do, and not a bunch of little cheesy guys in a tray. We are talking about a big sucker that can eat a moose mount. But since scorpions really aren't going to be a thing, Valyndra.