Sign in to follow this  
Ranger421

New Waiqar hero

Am I the only one that thinks these heroes so far (except the one that comes in the core box) are kind of meh? Like, the new vampire guy is super generic looking and the necromancer's staff is pretty dumb looking.

I wonder if someone said 'send Army Painter that new hero so he can be in their shots' and instead of Ankaur Maro some intern packed a new unannounced Kyndrithul hero being released with Wave 2 by mistake LOL.

Edited by drkpnthr

I do kind of wish they would use different molds but I understand it keeps the cost down for those of us who are going to buy anything they release. Ha! And who knows, maybe at some point instead of alt art cards they could give us alt models every once in a while, but I imagine very seldom.

1 minute ago, power500500 said:

I do kind of wish they would use different molds but I understand it keeps the cost down for those of us who are going to buy anything they release. Ha! And who knows, maybe at some point instead of alt art cards they could give us alt models every once in a while, but I imagine very seldom.

They are different.  Likely scaled up digitally and then modified, but they are not identical to the Descent figures.

6 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

They are different.  Likely scaled up digitally and then modified, but they are not identical to the Descent figures.

Well I know they aren't 1:1 perfect carbon copy but the point is that the poses are pretty much the same

Gahh! I saw the first post just as I was heading out the door this morning. The whole 1-hour commute was killing me as I couldn't wait to see what this new leak was but didn't have internet access on the bus!

This is pretty cool. Vampires didn't make it into BattleLore, but they seemed to be a big part of the world, so I'm glad to see them making it into Runewars.

On another note, this is a very impressive guide put together by Army Painter.  I've done a wide range of "levels" of painting. From what I consider to be well above tabletop on some GW heroes, to slightly above tabletop for Imperial Assault with extra care on heroes, to this quickshade tabletop approach on Zombicide: Black Plague (thanks Sorastro). Runewars to me looks like a great opportunity to do tabletop level on infantry with quickshade, then spend some extra time on the heroes and the big siege monsters. Looking forward to the Daqan guide release as well.

1 minute ago, JasonGlass said:

Kyndrithul is an odd choice. In Mists of Bilehall/The Chains that Rust, Kyndrithul is an enemy of Waiqar, and Waiqar sends Ardus to assassinate him.

Okay, that is thematically jarring.