Mosfet

Mansions of Madness 2ed scenario editor

12 posts in this topic

What do you think about the scenario editor shared to people? I know that ffg whant to get extra money from DLC scenario but one does not exclude the other. People will still pay for scripts issued by ffg becouse 5$ is not so much and the frequency of their publication is very rare. Scenarios written by fans have added a lot of regression to the game and encouraged meny new players to buy a game.

I think that there are a lot of people who are interested in the idea. I think that it's probably just a coding thing on FFG's part. They probably don't have a front facing editor to build the scenarios that we are currently playing. It's probably more along the lines of a video game where everything is controlled through scripting. If they are to move forward with a scenario editor they will probably have to determine cost and how likely it is that people will pay for the extra piece of software that will have to be made to make the UI more user friendly.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, BruceLGL said:

They use Unity for building their app, so another reason could be that the scenario tools use unity and you have to pay for a licence for each user.

I wasn't going to post this here until the stable release (coming soon) but for anyone keen to get writing wander over this way:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/wiki

Hey Bruce,

Any chance of a HowTo on the program? I tried using the previous version, but can't seem to work out what moves the tiles from place to place.

Edited by LordPyrex

Sure, but from what I have seen it is likely, and no reason not to do it that way if that it wasn't planned for public release.

Very impressive once you get it down. It has a learning curve as to how it works but the existing scenarios can help you through that. One thing I would really love is "test" button in the editor so I don't have to back out and start a mission every time.

Does it have the ability to download scenarios straight from the app or would you have to manually download them and place them in the proper folder?

LordPyrex likes this

9 hours ago, Vazzucious said:

Very impressive once you get it down. It has a learning curve as to how it works but the existing scenarios can help you through that. One thing I would really love is "test" button in the editor so I don't have to back out and start a mission every time.

Does it have the ability to download scenarios straight from the app or would you have to manually download them and place them in the proper folder?

I've found that it is easier to work backwards when laying out tokens, walls, and exploration. That way you always have the next event ready to add into its spot. I think my request has to do with line wrap when you're editing in the dialog box! Sometime you have extra things to add and by the time you use the arrow keys to move to where you want to put it in, the map is off the side of the screen:P.

I'm looking forward to my first upload when I finish! Thanks again for this Bruce!

12 hours ago, BruceLGL said:

Feature request added here:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/issues/290

I assume you found the downloads page as you mention existing scenarios.  Currently there isn't an automatic way for users to upload their own scenarios if that is what you mean.  If you send it though to me I can add it to the downloads page.

I actually didn't see that page. I was just thinking it would awesome to create a scenario and push it to another git branch for scenarios and search scenarios and download them from that repository. Also a way for people to rate scenarios. All of this being done directly from the app would really be nice and in the long run might save you from having to load every scenario. While the people creating scenarios may not have issues with this, people that just want to get user content and play it they may need something like that.

I love this thing. Very exciting.