Sign in to follow this  
weisguy119

Thrawn's career begins on a Gozanti and Raider-Class Corvettes are mentioned in his new book - time for some blue crew

I'm thinking we'll see a Thrawn crew card in an upcoming Sentinel-class Landing Craft release.  He was seen on one in Rebels.  If Sabine gets the Rebels a TIE fighter just by stealing one and painting it, I'm calling Thrawn with the Sentinel due his brief appearance on one.  Besides, we need some blue crew for our Gozantis and Raiders!

I don't even like the look of the Sentinel but what other ship could they release him on?  I already made my own Thrawn card but it'll be interesting to see what FFG comes up with.  With Thrawn being a continuing villain through the next season of Rebels, you know he's coming sooner or later.

I want Thrawn in this game so bad but the problem i see is that Thrawns ability is to read the enemy and know what they are going to do before they do. So the only ability i can see them put on him would be something like all enemy dials must be placed face up before you set your dials. Or something like Agent Kallus but with a condition card. Basically at the start of place forces step place the Thrwan's Wisdom condition card on a ship.

Thrawn's Wisdom

Your Dial must be placed face up for the entire game.

Doing this would make Thrawn more expensive than the Emperor and in a lot of ways more powerful. Say 10 points and 2 crew slots.

2 hours ago, Odanan said:

Yes to Thrawn, no to shuttles (and specially to landing crafts).

The Imperial fleet is TIEs and shuttles*.  I can't see any other way to get more officers into the game.  I actually like the look of the Sentinel; I would take it over Krennic's shuttle any day.

*Not that I wouldn't like some diversity as well, OTOH.

And as far as Imperial crew goes, let's add in Governor Pryce, Admiral Konstantine, and Admiral Titus, at the very least.

22 minutes ago, smccaughan said:

I want Thrawn in this game so bad but the problem i see is that Thrawns ability is to read the enemy and know what they are going to do before they do. So the only ability i can see them put on him would be something like all enemy dials must be placed face up before you set your dials. Or something like Agent Kallus but with a condition card. Basically at the start of place forces step place the Thrwan's Wisdom condition card on a ship.

I think that Thrawn would be a cool character to have the anti-ability ability: once per turn, he prevents you from using one pilot's special ability.  (Essentially, he out thinks your pilot and counters that pilot's special (read: typical) combat action.)

7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I think that Thrawn would be a cool character to have the anti-ability ability: once per turn, he prevents you from using one pilot's special ability.  (Essentially, he out thinks your pilot and counters that pilot's special (read: typical) combat action.)

I would never have to be frustrated by Biggs again.

Perhaps a Thrawn crew would be appropriate to plan ahead.  

At the end of the deployment phase you may assign a "Anticipatory Tactics" token

Anticipatory tactics allows you to choose a manoeuvre that ship can do.  Whenever that ship performs that manoeuvre, assign a focus or evade token to one of your friendly ships.

3 minutes ago, Strikesback said:

I would like a 0 point empire crew. Chopper is such a nice filler. Hardly used, but still nice. If anything I want more cheap crew. 

Well, with Vizago coming on the C-ROC, I'd say odds are pretty good for the Empire getting some sort of zero point cost crew down the line.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, Darth Meanie said:

The Imperial fleet is TIEs and shuttles*.  I can't see any other way to get more officers into the game.  I actually like the look of the Sentinel; I would take it over Krennic's shuttle any day.

*Not that I wouldn't like some diversity as well, OTOH.

And as far as Imperial crew goes, let's add in Governor Pryce, Admiral Konstantine, and Admiral Titus, at the very least.

Would Admiral Konstantine get the ability to screw up your dice rolls but come at negative point cost to compensate?

1 hour ago, Red XIV said:

Would Admiral Konstantine get the ability to screw up your dice rolls but come at negative point cost to compensate?

I guess it was in a different thread. . .

I had suggested that Konstantine get Kallus's ability, BUT he can't shoot anyone else until is chosen target was dead.  That would keep him pulled out of position for personal glory. . .