3 hours ago, Seastan said:

Would someone recurring Doom Hangs Still work at all for this quest? Jump up to 80 threat with doomed cards and O Elbereth, then keep recurring the valour action on Doom Hangs Still to skip the quest phases.

Yeah, Doom Hangs Still works great in this quest--you basically buy yourself another round. The Black Gate gathers its tokens during the Quest Phase, too, so it would even skip accumulating +1 encounter card that round.

It's been 10 weeks on the boat. 

Is 10 weeks quite normal or is it as highly unusual as it feels? 

I pre-ordered from the UK which said estimated July,  but now I see that coolstuffinc have updated their estimate to October. 

Are those estimates a wild guess or do they get informed from the distribution companies to the length of these delays. 

I've been ready to run up that mountain and drop the dam ring in the fire for too long now! ;)

Edited by strewth78

29 minutes ago, Authraw said:

For what it's worth, the Arkham Horror Deluxe expansion that debuted at GenCon (The Path to Carcosa) is now available to the general public. Maybe LotR won't be far behind...?

Path to Carcosa is annunced to september since two months. Akrham Horror get a high support. For example it have been released at the same time in French and about LoTR we almost ever have to wait one week to one month to get the translate version done.

But yeah, I still hope that mountain of fire is right after :). Anyway I already play major part of the cards players in my decks. The last time I was doing that was when we get to know the doomed event cards. So to me it it the best expansion about player cards since voice of isengard.

Edited by Rouxxor

Do we know yet how many encounter cards, how many player cards, Boon cards, burdens etc?

I want to make sure I have enough sleeved and I use different colours for hero's, player and encounter cards. 

On 9/30/2017 at 4:44 AM, strewth78 said:

Do we know yet how many encounter cards, how many player cards, Boon cards, burdens etc?

I want to make sure I have enough sleeved and I use different colours for hero's, player and encounter cards. 

Authraw below has the correct amounts.

Edited by stimpaksam

On 9/30/2017 at 1:44 AM, strewth78 said:

We do! There are:

• 9 quest cards
  • 4 campaign cards
  • 117 encounter cards with encounter backs
  • 1 boon with an encounter back
  • 2 double-sided encounter cards
  • 2 normal-coloured Heroes
  • 2 Fellowship Heroes
  • 24 normal-coloured player cards
  • 3 Fellowship player cards

23 minutes ago, 987654321 said:

Haha just came here to post the link. Been staring at these spoilers all day.. all three quests look AMAZING. Absolutely love the unique mechanic on Stage 1B of The Black Gate Opens. 
I wonder what record Seastan will set as most rounds survived of The Black Gate Opens :P

Edited by PsychoRocka

Maybe Seastan will manage to build 4 decks that will put whole encounter deck into victory display. 3 enemies, 3 locations are easy, and Out of the wild can be recycled. But for now it seems almost impossible to survive more than 7-8 turns :-)

1 hour ago, koriakin97 said:

Maybe Seastan will manage to build 4 decks that will put whole encounter deck into victory display. 3 enemies, 3 locations are easy, and Out of the wild can be recycled. But for now it seems almost impossible to survive more than 7-8 turns :-)

With the Dire keyword and the BG threat raise, 15 rounds at topmost?

Would someone who has a copy of the game be able to tell me whether the rulebook clarifies how to distribute burdens in Epic Multiplayer Mode? Specifically, burdens from Journey in the Dark, Breaking of the Fellowship, and The Battle of Pelennor Fields are supposed to be included in both The Black Gate Opens and Mount Doom. My guess is that the teams can divide up the earned burdens between the two quests as they please (putting Ill Fate in my ally-light deck for Mount Doom minimizes its potential harm and helps with Fortitude tests by adding a card to the encounter deck with no Sauron's Eye icon), but the rulebook might specify some restrictions, or even (though this seems unlikely) add burdens to the campaign pool.

For example, if The Battle of Pelennor Fields was played with two players, two copies of Wraith on Wings would be added to the campaign pool. If one of those players played The Black Gate Opens two-handed, and the other played Mount Doom two-handed, both those quests would normally have two copies of Wraith on Wings (unless players managed to remove some copies from the campaign pool). In Epic Multiplayer Mode, should there be 2 copies of Wraith on Wings in total, or 4? (Adding burdens to the campaign pool could lead to running out of burdens and needing buy another set or proxy, if there are more than four players in Epic Multiplayer Mode.) 

my copy arrived yesterday. And today. Seems i pre-ordered it, forgot, and ordered it a second time. Oops. I'm off on holiday on sunday, though, so unless I manage to squeeze some games in tomorrow amongst preparing to go away, i'll have to wait a couple of weeks to try it out.