4 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

The card art is gorgeous, but what do they mean by "sixth and final expansion"? Are we looking at the last LOTRLCG set? 

The last Saga expansion, detailing the events of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It can't be the "sixth and final" expansion because it isn't the sixth expansion! =)

5 minutes ago, Bullroarer Took said:

Lore check:  did the orcs slay Elrond's wife?  I thought they took her prisoner and tortured her, but she was rescued and then went to the Havens.

Yes, you're right.

Woohoo!  Really cannot wait for this....Will be out of the country when it releases, but will get it immediately when back home.  

It is funny...When I first got into the game I did it because I thought it would be a cool way to interactively experience (ie play) the content from the books and really intended on just getting the Sagas (plus an odd pack here or there for the player cards).  However, I soon found myself so drawn to the new content that I haven't really played many of the Saga scenarios.  My plan became to just focus on the Deluxes and Cycles and wait until all of the Saga boxes were released and then play straight through all 18 quests in a totally epic campaign!!!  Though I'll probably modify campaign mode a bit by allowing myself to swap in the heroes that figured most prominently in each quest (i.e., Hobbits in Black Riders, etc.), but still keeping Boons/burdens as they make sense...

Oh...and everyone is right...that card art is magnificent!

29 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

The last Saga expansion, detailing the events of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It can't be the "sixth and final" expansion because it isn't the sixth expansion! =)

I'm reading it as "sixth" and also "final" as two separate items. 

Kinda like how Decipher ended their CCG with Ages End which was their last expansion/product released for the game. 

2 minutes ago, Hawkman2000 said:

I'm reading it as "sixth" and also "final" as two separate items. 

Kinda like how Decipher ended their CCG with Ages End which was their last expansion/product released for the game. 

" the sixth and final The Lord of the Rings Saga Expansion for The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game!

Specifically says this is the last saga expansion, not just any expansion.

It looks really great. Elladan and Elrohir, one-man-army Aragorn, a double quest for Black Gate... The only thing that bothers me is that we won't get Ringbearer Sam

EDIT: I just realised that objective attachment "the last from the company" seems to be giving Ringbearer trait. So we do get Ringbearer Sam!

Edited by koriakin97

On 04/01/2017 at 2:24 PM, PocketWraith said:

Well, we're gettig Mountain of Fire this year. Some people have speculated that maybe the final quest will be a dual thing - fighting at the Black Gate at the same time that Frodo is trying to destroy the Ring. If this is the case, then I think that would be an excellent place for them to re-use the Epic Multiplayer rules from Siege of Annuminas (as an option, obviously, not a compulsory thing).

Called it. I am incredibly happy about this.

*Opens Redhorn and Rivendell and sees that the stat boosts are correspondent to each brother*

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Okay, i guess nobody cares.

Also, if you look at the box you will see Gollum.

Edit: just now I see Ell and Elr are two parts of the same artwork... fighting side by side against A MASS OF ORCS.

Edited by 987654321