jonboyjon1990

Am I totally mad to aim to collect all factions?

49 minutes ago, Mep said:

It's plastic crack, the term is addiction, not madness. Remember, it's only a problem if you find yourself selling body parts to pay for that addiction.

So of I sell my family, that's ok?

It is still less of a madness than eg. cigarets or %. If you will decide at some point you don't want to play anymore you would be able to sell your armies and get some money back.

As fot myself, I don't have much time for painting and playing, so I plan to get Elves box (Yes Elves rulez you chaos and unded swarm!!!) and after painting that and playing cup of battles I will see how the game feels and whether/how I want to expand my army.

@Szww  Good point. Unless you are painting with lead paint and cleaning the brushes with your month you are way ahead of anyone who smokes.

@Orcdruid  Selling of whole persons has been frowned upon for some time now. I do believe you will get less flack from the SJW types if you cut them up and sell off the parts....

12 minutes ago, Mep said:

@Orcdruid  Selling of whole persons has been frowned upon for some time now. I do believe you will get less flack from the SJW types if you cut them up and sell off the parts....

I could take them to Lybia slavery is ok there now.

Two factors as to why you arent mad

1) Despite being one of the more pricy things from FFG, its still cheap compared to most other miniature games. A model the size of the large models in this game compared to 40k is almost twice the price...given theyre the size of a Dreadnaught (or seem like it from pics/vids). It will be pricy, but i wager the amount of money i got in orks/tau would be more than enough to keep this game fully bought out for quite a long time.

2) Starting early, when there isnt much to get. Its a hell of a lot easier to get everything if there isnt a ton available, and unless they release like 10+ more expansions at the same time you wont have much to get in the future to get "all the new shinies"

I dont plan to get them all, probably just the two in the core box unless something really sings to me about the other races. I mainly want to play the humans primarily because of GOLEMS! i like golems...

I'll be buying into all the factions, mainly because as I said in another thread, I'll probably be the house people come to to play, and I'm not really in any game groups, nor is it too big in my immediate area. Basically I will end up being the hub for any games of RWMG, with people coming to me to play with whatever I've got, just like any other full board game, so I'll have to have options. It honestly doesn't seem too bad though. I'll be picking up a core box tomorrow (supply willing) and even after that, the commander pack and a couple expansions isn't too much. Looking past that into the elves... it's doable.