FrogTrigger

Latari Elves!!!!

1 hour ago, Budgernaut said:

Yes, there is. And yes, the archers probably will be able to equip that upgrade. However, if you put the archers in a Daqan army, the rules do not let you put the Frontline Aymhelin Scion upgrade on your archers because 88.7 says you can only equip upgrades with a faction icon if your army matches that faction.

Interestingly, it seems you should be able to put a Frontline Rune Golem in your Deepwood Archers unit in a Daqan list.

I really can't see that although maybe.  It would be very odd to have archers with a from line rune golem.  And if that was the case they could get the daquan champion or such. Doesn't make sense.  I would guess they can take latari upgrades or only neutral upgrades

3 minutes ago, Klaxas said:

I really can't see that although maybe.  It would be very odd to have archers with a from line rune golem.  And if that was the case they could get the daquan champion or such. Doesn't make sense.  I would guess they can take latari upgrades or only neutral upgrades

I agree it is a shortcoming of the rules as written, but I can't guess as to which way they'll rule on this.

1) Allow the borrowed archers to only take Latari-only upgrades
2) Allow the borrowed archers to only take Daqan-only upgrades
3) Do not allow borrowed archers to take any faction-specific upgrades.
4) Allow the archers to take either Latari-only or Daqan-only upgrades

If I were to rule this situation by my gut and not by the rules, the Deepwood Archers in a Daqan army would only be allowed to equip Latari-only upgrades, and not Daqan upgrades, but they would not be allowed to take any unique upgrades. That makes thematic sense to me. If Kari can only recruit non-unique units, they shouldn't have any unique upgrades, either. But again, this is how I would rule if I were in charge, not how it's currently worded.

1 minute ago, Budgernaut said:

I agree it is a shortcoming of the rules as written, but I can't guess as to which way they'll rule on this.

1) Allow the borrowed archers to only take Latari-only upgrades
2) Allow the borrowed archers to only take Daqan-only upgrades
3) Do not allow borrowed archers to take any faction-specific upgrades.
4) Allow the archers to take either Latari-only or Daqan-only upgrades

If I were to rule this situation by my gut and not by the rules, the Deepwood Archers in a Daqan army would only be allowed to equip Latari-only upgrades, and not Daqan upgrades, but they would not be allowed to take any unique upgrades. That makes thematic sense to me. If Kari can only recruit non-unique units, they shouldn't have any unique upgrades, either. But again, this is how I would rule if I were in charge, not how it's currently worded.

Totally agree with you on all counts.  It would be strange if Kari convinced some elves to come along and they just happened to also bring an elf hero.  Although I assume the core latari hero can only be added to mounted units

The scion upgrade looks like you can exhaust to add a stun token to a ranged or melee attack, just like the scion unit card. I think this could be a very interesting upgrade, since the blue dice on the archers make this much more likely with a ranged attack from them than the original scion unit, and could add a very fun way to deny charges. Shoot an enemy closing with your archers, add a stun, save it for when they try to charge into base-to-base, inflict another that round with a smart melee attack on 9, then shift away. Being able to reliably deal stun tokens will be a powerful denial ability.