FrogTrigger

Latari Elves!!!!

3 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

As pointed out above, Kari only lets you take non-unique infantry from the Latari faction. Since the Aymhelin Scion is a Siege unit, Kari can't invite it to join the ranks of the Daqan. But yeah, getting archers will be interesting for Daqan.

technically you can have the happy tree friends as a seige upgrade on the archers right? so they can show up in a Daqan list

2 minutes ago, Taki said:

technically you can have the happy tree friends as a seige upgrade on the archers right? so they can show up in a Daqan list

Possibly, the archers may not have the upgrade icon for a Front Line Scion.  Undead archers can't have a Front Line Carrion Lancer

Just now, blkdymnd said:

Possibly, the archers may not have the upgrade icon for a Front Line Scion.  Undead archers can't have a Front Line Carrion Lancer

Then who do you think gets the front line tree scion upgrade card?

6 minutes ago, Taki said:

I don't know about that. The Frontline Aymhelin Scion upgrade has a green background, indicating it is Latari-only. Since your list is still a Daqan list, I don't think you can put Latari upgrades on the unit, even though it is a Latari unit. See RR-88.7.

"Upgrade cards that have a faction icon can only be equipped in armies of that faction."

Edited by Budgernaut

3 minutes ago, Budgernaut said:

I don't know about that. The Frontline Aymhelin Scion upgrade has a green background, indicating it is Latari-only. Since your list is still a Daqan list, I don't think you can put Latari upgrades on the unit, even though it is a Latari unit. See RR-88.7.

Interesting.  Good catch, though a sad one for me

Some design question, don't know if it has already been asked or not : Are Leonx riders males or females ? Because the artwork seems to show us a female Latari on a Leonx but the sculpt does give a male aspect and apart from Aliana (and man, this is still hard to tell if she is actually a female elf or a man because the sculpt isn't giving that much details (don't want to rise a sexist conversation, just talking about how hard it looks to modelize women in miniature games or not and the ways to decipher wheter a character is actualy a man or a woman). Even Kari in the core set looks less like a woman than a man... or is it my eyes ? 

4 minutes ago, Elrad said:

Some design question, don't know if it has already been asked or not : Are Leonx riders males or females ? Because the artwork seems to show us a female Latari on a Leonx but the sculpt does give a male aspect and apart from Aliana (and man, this is still hard to tell if she is actually a female elf or a man because the sculpt isn't giving that much details (don't want to rise a sexist conversation, just talking about how hard it looks to modelize women in miniature games or not and the ways to decipher wheter a character is actualy a man or a woman). Even Kari in the core set looks less like a woman than a man... or is it my eyes ? 

I think one sculpt is male and the other sculpt is female.  The hero is definitely female.

I can't wait to get the Latari hero that lets you bring the Daqan into their list. Then I can have Spearman supported by Happy Trees (you do realize I need to find some big headed squirrels for some Happy Tree Friends... Thank you for that) 

15 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

I can't wait to get the Latari hero that lets you bring the Daqan into their list. Then I can have Spearman supported by Happy Trees (you do realize I need to find some big headed squirrels for some Happy Tree Friends... Thank you for that) 

NP, I love HTF.  I hope they do a hero for each faction that lets you take units from other factions.

13 minutes ago, Taki said:

NP, I love HTF.  I hope they do a hero for each faction that lets you take units from other factions.

It wouldn't make sense thematically.

Waiqar shoud hate the Uthuk for what they did to him. The only reason the elf/human alliance makes sense is because of Kari's connection with them.

1 minute ago, Orcdruid said:

Waiqar shoud hate the Uthuk for what they did to him. The only reason the elf/human alliance makes sense is because of Kari's connection with them.

So far sure. Later? Who knows. 

Just now, Orcdruid said:

Except that Waiqars faction makes special note of having agents and quislings in every other faction.  And in Descent, the baron of Carthridge is an agent of Waiqar, and there's some fluff from runewars the boardgame that there are human/elf romances and trysts, so easily you could have an elf with human allies as well.

The only combo that doesn't work is Uthuk w Elves 

20 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

As I know nothing about the Lore could you explain what they did?

Looks like the "essentials pack" just solved the problem for anyone who wants to come in on elves a bit later in the year instead of the first 2 armies.

Edit: Missed that it had been mentioned previously, MB. Still good news though. I have a few friends that will be easier to draw in now.

Edited by Carbini

2 minutes ago, Orcdruid said:

@Taki these agents are spys and sabatuers not soldiers

@Iceeagle85 the Uthuk Y'llan captured and tortured Waiqar back when he was still mortal.

And the Baron's men still marched to war with him even when he was betraying the realm.

As to the Uthuk, I totes know that, I played discwars, even had Waiqars disc, that was a long time ago though.  Maybe he's ok with working with them now.  In any event, we'll see as more heroes come out.

Edited by Taki

So on closer inspection, the happy tree fiend has hands on the model, but not on the concept art.  I think I'm going to convert mine to be like the art and make the hands into roots.