FrogTrigger

Latari Elves!!!!

I was patiently waiting for this faction hoping it would line up well with my play style.. and it appears that it has! I love the brutal speed and force of their mounted units, the CC of the scion to set up a barrage from the archers. This looks to be a very fun faction to play. This is really cool as well:

During setup, units with the Overgrow keyword allow you to place overgrowth tokens on various environment pieces across the map. These tokens do nothing on their own, but the Latari Elves affinity for nature will allow their units and upgrade cards to take advantage of overgrown structures and environments, adding a new dimension to the Runewars Miniatures Game tactical movement and combat.

Well done FFG! The only downside is that it does not appear to be a stand alone core, as we expected, so this means that I need to purchase the core and hopefully find someone to buy my armies off of me as I will never use them. I feel like this is a bit of a let down, and has me pondering buying in at all.. looks like I will have time to figure it out as I wait for these guys to release though as it looks like they won't be out until the third quarter of 2017.

Edited by FrogTrigger

7 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

The only downside is that it does not appear to be a stand alone core, as we expected,

to be fair most people didnt expect a second core.  they wanted it, but most people didnt expect it.

having said that........  OMG Elves are awesome!

Just now, power500500 said:

That Leonx formation...interesting

downright goofy i think.  another interesting thing, they can do a shifting charge....  i think?  how does that work if you charge sideways?  or backwards?

Count me in as one who won't be collecting the faction, but will definitely be adding an elf unit to my Daqan via Kari.  The question is whether to add the most usefull unit (proabably archers) or the coolest looking (elves on wildcats!).

Edited by eilif

some confusion in how many figures this contains...I would think it would be composed like the core set armies...1 hero, 1 monster, 1 large unit of infantry (16?) and one unit of Calvary (4?) 

but from reading the article it only comes with 8 figures??? 

1 minute ago, Hidatom said:

some confusion in how many figures this contains...I would think it would be composed like the core set armies...1 hero, 1 monster, 1 large unit of infantry (16?) and one unit of Calvary (4?) 

Yeah, I think that was a typo and they meant 8 trays

1 minute ago, MegaSilver said:

Man, this makes it difficult to stickto humans!

i have no interest in the undead, but boy the other 3 factions are cool. Looking forward to seeing the Orcs now!

orcs wont be for a while.  uthuk should be next

5 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

I think they mean 8 new unique scuplts

Leader, two cav scupts, one tree scuplt and 4 new infantry sculpts.

Same as the Daqan and undead, IIRC.

Edited by eilif

5 minutes ago, Hidatom said:

Yeah I think its:

1 Hero Tray &  1 Figure

1 Tree thing tray & 1 Figure

2 Rider trays & 4 Figures

4 Archer trays & 16 Figures

i.e the equivalent of half a core set of the other factions