Sign in to follow this  
syrilian

Is spening an evade token modifying dice?

Another Omega Leader question. I assumed that being target locked by Omega Leader prevents you from spending an evade token but after re-reading the rules it is a little ambiguous in my opinion so I thought I would ask. The reason I am confused is in the bullet points in the rules, spending an evade token does not seem to fit any of the bullet points unless I am missing something.

in the rule book

MODIFYING DICE

Players can modify dice by spending focus, evade, and target lock tokens and by resolving card abilities. Dice can be modified in the following ways:

Add: To add a die result, place an unused die displaying the result next to the rolled dice. A die added in this way is treated as a normal die for all purposes and can be modified and canceled.

Change: To change a die result, rotate the die so that its faceup side displays the new result.

Reroll: To reroll a die result, pick up the die and roll it again.

• Dice can be modified by multiple effects, but a die cannot be rerolled more than once.

Yeah true but here is my confusion. Per the FAQ, you can still add and subtract dice and isn't that what an evade token does? Add a die with an evade result? I guess I am confused because an evade is a token and not a die.

9 hours ago, syrilian said:

Yeah true but here is my confusion. Per the FAQ, you can still add and subtract dice and isn't that what an evade token does? Add a die with an evade result? I guess I am confused because an evade is a token and not a die.

You need to distinguish between adding a dice (that Omega Leader does not prevent) and adding a result (what he does prevent) - Evade token is adding a result. 

6 hours ago, Vitalis said:

You need to distinguish between adding a dice (that Omega Leader does not prevent) and adding a result (what he does prevent) - Evade token is adding a result. 

I simply think of it as adding before or after the roll.  Modification comes as a result AFTER rolling.

In most cases, if I have an evade token, I simply move that token over to my green dice to show I'm using it.  Technically, I should put a die out there but even with abilities like Crack Shot, my opponent understands how many evades I have when I just use a token.

16 hours ago, USCGrad90 said:

I simply think of it as adding before or after the roll.  Modification comes as a result AFTER rolling.

In most cases, if I have an evade token, I simply move that token over to my green dice to show I'm using it.  Technically, I should put a die out there but even with abilities like Crack Shot, my opponent understands how many evades I have when I just use a token.

Ekhem...Lightweight Frame tends to disagree :D

52 minutes ago, digitalbusker said:

Well, the die that Lightweight Frame adds is still rolled, and rolled after it's added, so what @USCGrad90 said was true... well you know the rest.

You tell 'em, DB!

I absolutely thought about that when I wrote my statement. :rolleyes: