Jump to content
Odanan

N-1 Naboo Starfighter for X-Wing

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jmswood said:

Never Vong. I quit Star Wars once because of the Vong; I'll do it again if Disneyverse ever sinks that low. 

Let the past die. Kill if it if you have to.

Bring on the N-1 as a 2.0 Rebel ship. I hope the old Republic gets a faction in the new game, but I don't personally intend to buy any prequel era ships unless the Rebels or Empire get them. 

That's a point of course - canon the N1 is used in both Republic and Rebellion.  Perhaps it should be a cross faction expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mazz0 said:

That's a point of course - canon the N1 is used in both Republic and Rebellion.  Perhaps it should be a cross faction expansion.

Similar to the Scurrg H-6 Bomber, could have both Rebel and Republic (Royal Naboo) pilots included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sf1raptor Your language needs help. FFG's inconsistency is hard enough to interpret without custom cards deviating from standard wording. 

Example:

12 hours ago, sf1raptor said:

 

a6faTuj.png

The standard wording for the first sentence should be: "After you execute a..."

The standard wording for the last sentence should be: "...you cannot perform another..."

Comments on pilot abilities:

Leia's ability as written will be pretty much limited to tight formations. If she moves too fast, her ability will only help lower PS, unless she moves toward a higher PS friend. I think an ability aimed at formation flying is counter-intuitive on a ship that should be highly mobile.

Pease try to be more original for Shara Bey. I've said it repeatedly in this thread. FFG got Shara Bey wrong, and the N-1 should remedy that.

I like the trade-off at the end of Wrench's ability. I hate the munitions game, but your wrench card is at least interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmswood said:

@sf1raptor

Pease try to be more original for Shara Bey. I've said it repeatedly in this thread. FFG got Shara Bey wrong, and the N-1 should remedy that.

I agree with this statement. It's arguable that she should be giving allies the evade token if anything (hailed for saving the lives of several pilots throughout the war).

She's also a capable leader, able to wrangle two less-experienced pilots in their own N-1s as well as teaching her own son. A more leadership type ability is a good idea.

Maybe the ability should allow her to give the evade token to a friendly ship (including her own) within range 1 after a boost or barrel roll (or maybe a red action, I guess).

The idea being that she's moving into a position which distracts enemy pilots. Also fits the Rebels theme of helping each other out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jmswood said:

@sf1raptor Your language needs help. FFG's inconsistency is hard enough to interpret without custom cards deviating from standard wording. 

Example:

The standard wording for the first sentence should be: "After you execute a..."

The standard wording for the last sentence should be: "...you cannot perform another..."

Comments on pilot abilities:

Leia's ability as written will be pretty much limited to tight formations. If she moves too fast, her ability will only help lower PS, unless she moves toward a higher PS friend. I think an ability aimed at formation flying is counter-intuitive on a ship that should be highly mobile.

Pease try to be more original for Shara Bey. I've said it repeatedly in this thread. FFG got Shara Bey wrong, and the N-1 should remedy that.

I like the trade-off at the end of Wrench's ability. I hate the munitions game, but your wrench card is at least interesting. 

 

2 hours ago, Ixidor said:

I agree with this statement. It's arguable that she should be giving allies the evade token if anything (hailed for saving the lives of several pilots throughout the war).

She's also a capable leader, able to wrangle two less-experienced pilots in their own N-1s as well as teaching her own son. A more leadership type ability is a good idea.

Maybe the ability should allow her to give the evade token to a friendly ship (including her own) within range 1 after a boost or barrel roll (or maybe a red action, I guess).

The idea being that she's moving into a position which distracts enemy pilots. Also fits the Rebels theme of helping each other out.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll definitely make some changes to wording and E1 Shara Bey. 

4 hours ago, mazz0 said:

That's R2-D2!

Wrench was basically R2 in appearance. He’s Rhys’ astromech in Starfighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the first time I've had this discussion, but I'll keep beating this wardrum because I'm a fan of the Shattered Empire comic.

Shara Bey murders TIEs every time she gets in a fighter cockpit. She isn't a squad leader; L'ulo is Green Leader after Endor. Shara takes a leadership role in the scene with the N-1's, but she still spends most of the battle taking on an Imperial squadron by herself. I think a strictly offensive ability would be much more thematic. Fluff and mechanics can coexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 4:07 PM, Dengar5 said:

Will Anakin in the N-1 be the first I7 pilot in 2.0?

Maybe his pilot ability will be: "You do not need a target lock to shoot Proton Torpedos. Do not spend a charge when you shoot Proton Torpedos. You may shoot Proton Torpedos at R 0-3."

Anakin Pilot ability: When attacking with your equipped Proton Torpedoes upgrade, do not spend a target lock or charge token if the defender is in your bullseye arc. Treat the range of this attack as 0-3.

On 5/30/2018 at 4:26 PM, SabineKey said:

Either that or a defensive reroll after barrel rolling.

N-1 Linked action: White Barrel Roll > Red Evade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yakostovian said:

Anakin Pilot ability: When attacking with your equipped Proton Torpedoes upgrade, do not spend a target lock or charge token if the defender is in your bullseye arc. Treat the range of this attack as 0-3.

N-1 Linked action: White Barrel Roll > Red Evade.

Definitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Yakostovian said:

Anakin Pilot ability: When attacking with your equipped Proton Torpedoes upgrade, do not spend a target lock or charge token if the defender is in your bullseye arc. Treat the range of this attack as 0-3.

N-1 Linked action: White Barrel Roll > Red Evade.

Little Anni’s thing wasn’t that he got extra torpedos though, he just happened to hit something important with them.  Perhaps give him an extra die instead, or after he fires a missile/torpedo that hits he can turn a facedown damage card face up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its really hard to judge, Ani has a force tax and Padme has a nice support ability. So both can be a bit higher costed, possibly more than Ric.

My guesses are the torps are 6-8 points, don't roll as many dice as the other torps but easier to shot than Advanced, 2 charges, can strip a extra shield if it hits, can do more damage than Ion, but no dice modification inherit to the text.

R2-C4 might be 5, same cost as navigator.

That leaves a potential 95 to 97 points. So maybe 49 for Ani and 47 for Padme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UndeadCrusader said:

Amidala + R2-C4 and Anakin + Plasma Torps are 108 points total

This is rather appealing, leaving enough room for a Delta and ARC or a combination which includes Torrents. I’ll be interested in seeing how much the Handmaiden condition card is and if it’s as beneficial as it appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I'm disappointed there's nothing for Leia, Shara or the new Queen. This really should have Rebel cards.

I can forgive FFG for not adding the N-1 to the Rebel faction on the basis of an issue or two of the comics. Down that rabbit hole lies all sorts of crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

I'm disappointed there's nothing for Leia, Shara or the new Queen. This really should have Rebel cards.

In Card packs, hopefully! (needs Rebel dial, though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I can forgive FFG for not adding the N-1 to the Rebel faction on the basis of an issue or two of the comics. Down that rabbit hole lies all sorts of crazy.

Rebel Lambda Shuttles

Rebel TIE Fighters

Imperial Firesprays

Scum Y-Wings

.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...