Jump to content
Odanan

N-1 Naboo Starfighter for X-Wing

Recommended Posts

On 29/03/2018 at 5:47 PM, Yakostovian said:

If the N-1 gets a bomb slot, it should be unique and giving up unique an auto-include title.

Also, I've played hours of Battlefront's campaign and starfighter squadron modes, and have yet to play as the N-1. What gives? Is it one of the tutorials/scenarios?

Two instances to play it/against it.

 

1. Battlefront 2 Resurrection Campaign. Leema Kai will use it.

 

2. Galatic Assault: Naboo Palace + Clones + 400 battle points. 

Problem is the Y wing and the V wing massively out perform it in every aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Two instances to play it/against it.

1. Battlefront 2 Resurrection Campaign. Leema Kai will use it.

2. Galatic Assault: Naboo Palace + Clones + 400 battle points. 

Problem is the Y wing and the V wing massively out perform it in every aspect. 

I have yet to play a match of Galactic Assault, as I almost exclusively play Starfighter Squadron (despite not being very good.)

Do you mean that it unlocks for the mission after spending 400 Battlepoints?

Edited by Yakostovian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Yakostovian said:

I have yet to play a match of Galactic Assault, as I almost exclusively play Starfighter Squadron (despite not being very good.)

Do you mean that it unlocks for the mission after spending 400 Battlepoints?

Just like in Starfighter Assualt, omce you have accumulated enough points you can spawn as one. 

 

Unlike SA though, its not all heroes

So it goes:

Naboo Starfighter / Y Wing / V Wing / Wookie Fighter / Jump Trooper / RT - AT 

Then its the heroes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this Battlefront talk got me thinking about the volume of media, both Canon and Legends, the N-1 appears in. 

Then I thought about all the obscure ships already in X-wing.

It’s kind of depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 4:25 PM, Yakostovian said:

For Imperial Astromechs, have them legally able to fill crew slots as well for an added benefit to Imperial side. Or retroactively make all current unique astromechs Rebel/Resistance only.

Unless they come with an imperial only modification;

[Imperial Only, X, Y & Z Ship Only] 0 pts.

You May equip one additional Modification (<- added for saltiness of T65 players] 

On 3/30/2018 at 4:48 PM, Odanan said:

?

By Bombs  i meant mines; you mines just lay in wait; and in if you can move on all axis just go over. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 11:03 PM, jmswood said:

All this Battlefront talk got me thinking about the volume of media, both Canon and Legends, the N-1 appears in. 

Then I thought about all the obscure ships already in X-wing.

It’s kind of depressing. 

I love me an obscure ship; I'll be honest. I liked star wars before x-wing. A friend of mine got me into this game.

Then i really got into Star Wars; in those first months I read so many wookiepedia entries on obscure ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the1hodgy said:

By Bombs  i meant mines; you mines just lay in wait; and in if you can move on all axis just go over. 

But what if...you don’t know they are there!  

And what if they move to intercept when you get close...

the mission in TIE Fighter where the disabled cruiser had mined the entire space surrounding the ship with laser and/or missile launching mines comes to mind.  But then mines and bombs in this game don’t shoot back, they just asplode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N1 has enough material to be in the game, more so than the gunboat i reckon. 

As for moving mines, never played against that but Attack Wing has perma Proximity Mines which deal two dice to all ships within range 1 and are never removed. 

Edited by Viktus106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

As for moving mines, never played against that but Attack Wing has perma Proximity Mines which deal two dice to all ships within range 1 and are never removed. 

I use attack wing as an argument anytime anyone moans about power creep in X-Wing. The borg cube was just mental.

I think we deffo got enough pilots for it for sure. From this thread i've found out everyone and their tauntaun has rode one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Schu81 said:

N1 - fighter sucks big time. It's a very bad design from the prequels.

There are tons of other ships which deserve so much more to be in this game.

 

You can hate the ship, but at this point in the game it's almost definetly the most iconic ship that hasn't been released yet. Only other unreleased ship I'd possibly place ahead of it for iconic status would be the vulture droid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, markcsoul said:

You can hate the ship, but at this point in the game it's almost definetly the most iconic ship that hasn't been released yet. Only other unreleased ship I'd possibly place ahead of it for iconic status would be the vulture droid.

I think maybe the Aethersprite and Actis might have the N1 beat for iconography.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yakostovian said:

I think maybe the Aethersprite and Actis might have the N1 beat for iconography.

databank_naboon1starfighter_01_169_26691

latest?cb=20150722030412

latest?cb=20160630041515

i dunno, they all look iconic but the N-1 is by far the shiniest and most attention grabbing.  But the Delta-7 is the ‘most iconic’ for a classic Starfighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think of the Prequels, I think of the Clone Wars, be it the shows, comics, or books.  As such, the Delta-7 will almost certainly come to mind before the N-1.  Other people might have their own opinions, but the Clone Wars were the most interesting parts of the Prequels, and one of the most interesting aspects of Star Wars in general.  The Naboo/N-1, while nice, were side story to that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

When I think of the Prequels, I think of the Clone Wars, be it the shows, comics, or books.  As such, the Delta-7 will almost certainly come to mind before the N-1.  Other people might have their own opinions, but the Clone Wars were the most interesting parts of the Prequels, and one of the most interesting aspects of Star Wars in general.  The Naboo/N-1, while nice, were side story to that. 

The invasion of Naboo was the impetus for the Clone wars.  It led to:

Palpatine elevated to Chancellor

 

creation of Clone army by rogue Jedi 

 

Birth of the Seperatist Movement due to the failure of the Republic to respond to the invasion

 

Dooku leaving the order to lead the seperatist movement

 

vast conspiracies, political dealings and assassinations in the 10 years leading to the Clone wars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, GrimmyV said:

The invasion of Naboo was the impetus for the Clone wars. 

1

Oh, no I certainly agree.  The Invasion and battle of Naboo helped to spawn the Separatist movement and was a major contributing factor in the later Clone Wars. in-universe. 

I was speaking out of universe, as a fan.  In which case Episode I is more a world-building film, designed to introduce us to the characters and setting without thrusting us into the main story.  As such, its designs and details are not as important to the overall story as Episode II and III.  That doesn't demean Episode I, only in how I view it, as I identify and focus on the ship designs of the Republic far more than any of its individual member worlds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Schu81 said:

N1 - fighter sucks big time. It's a very bad design from the prequels.

There are tons of other ships which deserve so much more to be in this game.

 

thanks for posting though; as this just adds weight to the page count;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jmswood said:

I really like the Jedi Starfighters, but I think they should be introduced to the game with new factions or subfactions and other prequel content. The N-1 can be introduced to the game without any further faction development. 

I would be happy enough for a spin off game. The main issue is how would those subfactions split up? they is blur between; the separatist and republic. Since technically the republic became the empire; which means they would get there tech; which mean Obi-Wan in a empire subfaction 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GrimmyV said:

i dunno, they all look iconic but the N-1 is by far the shiniest and most attention grabbing.  But the Delta-7 is the ‘most iconic’ for a classic Starfighter.

Don't forget the ETA-2 Actis-Class. 

Which would make a pretty cool dual faction ship;

"The ship saw extensive use during the latter end of the Clone Wars by the Jedi Order.[5]

Darth Vader would continue to use a modified black variant of the starfighter for several years following the conclusion of the Clone Wars."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If FFG really wanted to, they could release a spin off game, just like GW do:

X wing: The Miniatures Game - The Clone Wars

Faction: Clone Army

Generics: (Contains PS2, 4 & 6 generic pilots, no unique. PS6 has EPT Slot)
N1 Starfighter (A2 E2 H3 S2)
Arc 170 (A2 E1 H6 S3)
V Wing (A3 E3 H3 S1)
BTL-B Y-Wing (A2 E1 H5 S3)

Unique: (Named heroes only)
ETA-2 Actis Interceptor (Obi (PS7) + Anakin (PS9) + Yoda (PS8))

Separatist Droid Army:

Generics: (Contains PS1, 3 & 5 generic pilots, no unique.)
Vulture Droid Fighter (A2 E2 H3 S1)
Tri-Fighter (A3 E3 H4 S0)
Vulture Bomber (A2 E1 H6 S1)

Droid pilots ignore stress tokens but take 1 additional damage when assigned an Ion Token. 

Unique:
Firespray 31- Jango Fett (Large Base PS8) 
Scimitar - Darth Maul (Large Base PS7)

And that would be that. No more releases, objective based game play / narrative with a slight change to the rule set but otherwise the same. 

Edited by Viktus106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the1hodgy said:

I would be happy enough for a spin off game. The main issue is how would those subfactions split up? they is blur between; the separatist and republic. Since technically the republic became the empire; which means they would get there tech; which mean Obi-Wan in a empire subfaction 

 A spinoff game would be short-lived and have a limited following. The best way for FFG to ensure sales of prequel products is to keep them in X-wing. 

The common objections to Republic and CIS factions/subfactions lack imagination. Where you see barriers, I see unexplored design space. Republic and CIS can be their own factions, and the existing factions can get the content they deserve.

Introducing: Dual Faction Pilot Cards

Pilot cards with a primary faction that defines most of its visual design, and an added secondary faction icon below the primary one. These pilots can be used by either of their factions. 

Anakin and Obi can fly together in the Republic or against each other in the Empire and Rebellion.

[drop mic, moon walk off the stage]

I can’t moon walk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...