Jump to content
Odanan

N-1 Naboo Starfighter for X-Wing

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pilot Tho Makk said:

I wasn't a fan of Shattered Empire, but this was by far the best part!

While reading it I thought to myself: "this would make an excellent mission in X-Wing"

Yes, it would. 

Rebels: need to destroy X satellites. Imperials: need to defend the satellites and destroy the Rebels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SabineKey said:

In theory, okay, but I'd prefer to see the full impact of just two ships having this new action before handing it out willynilly. 

It's expensive, takes the modification slot (so you can't get Guidance Chips), and would give a great offensive boost to fast ships with 1 torpedo/missile, like the A-wing, E-wing and the N-1. But I agree, let's see how good it is in the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Odanan said:

It's expensive, takes the modification slot (so you can't get Guidance Chips), and would give a great offensive boost to fast ships with 1 torpedo/missile, like the A-wing, E-wing and the N-1. But I agree, let's see how good it is in the table.

I do think if it's gonna work, that card looks about right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Odanan said:

What about this for the N-1 expansion pack? ;)

x_wing_miniatures___custom_upgrade_by_od

I would lower the cost and place more restrictions on it.

"You may not equip this card if your upgrade bar contains more than 1 Torpedo and/or Missile upgrade icon."

That way it only helps ships that aren't already heavy ordnance carriers.  Those ships typically get Extra Munitions. We don't need Jumpmasters, K-wings, etc. reloading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, poke450 said:

I would love an N-1 starfighter with another R2-D2 that would let you rotate 90 degrees as an action after a move.  It would also be sweet for a Leia pilot.

That's very specific. Any reason why that should be R2-D2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pilots in Shattered Empire flew without astromechs. I think a card in the expansion should refer to that. 

Rapid Deployment - (astromech, 0 points) "You may not equip modification or torpedo upgrades. During the Place Forces step, treat your pilot skill as 0. At the start of the combat phase, you may discard this card to assign 1 focus or evade token to your ship."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmswood said:

That's very specific. Any reason why that should be R2-D2?

I was just thinking thematically, R2-D2 piloted as much as anakin in the prequel trilogy, and kept having to try to overcome the autopilot.  So a crazy thing that he could do as well as the pilot flying would be neat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, poke450 said:

R2-D2 piloted as much as anakin in the prequel trilogy,

I believe he also flew Luke's X-Wing. Mabye we could get R2-D2 pilot for N1 and for T-65, at 7-8 PS, and each with crew instead of astromech!

then we should get a new Luke crew that works well with R2-D2 pilot.

Edited by GLEXOR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

I believe he also flew Luke's X-Wing. Mabye we could get R2-D2 pilot for N1 and for T-65, at 7-8 PS, and each with crew instead of astromech!

then we should get a new Luke crew that works well with R2-D2 pilot.

While potential difficult to implement, the idea of Astromechs flying and pilots acting as crew could be a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poke450 said:

I was just thinking thematically, R2-D2 piloted as much as anakin in the prequel trilogy, and kept having to try to overcome the autopilot.  So a crazy thing that he could do as well as the pilot flying would be neat.

But this is not an expansion about the Prequels. (And you can always put R2-D2 from the core set there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GLEXOR said:

I believe he also flew Luke's X-Wing. Mabye we could get R2-D2 pilot for N1 and for T-65, at 7-8 PS, and each with crew instead of astromech!

then we should get a new Luke crew that works well with R2-D2 pilot.

 

2 hours ago, SabineKey said:

While potential difficult to implement, the idea of Astromechs flying and pilots acting as crew could be a lot of fun.

That would be fun. I like that idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Odanan said:

Yes, it would. 

Rebels: need to destroy X satellites. Imperials: need to defend the satellites and destroy the Rebels.

In fairness, that's basically just Mission F2 with the resistance/first order sides reversed, right down to the jamming!

Flip the sides back (and obviously switch the reinforcements to a pair of academy pilots) and you're about there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Pilot Tho Makk said:

I wasn't a fan of Shattered Empire, but this was by far the best part!

While reading it I thought to myself: "this would make an excellent mission in X-Wing"

Good idea!

 

Another thing : why did they invented the U-Wing for Rogue One when there were those cool gunships in Shattered Empire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Foxtr0t said:

Good idea!

 

Another thing : why did they invented the U-Wing for Rogue One when there were those cool gunships in Shattered Empire?

Shrug!

Mind, I do like the U-Wing and plan on getting one for my collection. But there are some cool ships from comics and computer games that have yet to see screen time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an advocate for squadron cards. N-1 could be the expansion to introduce them.

Naboo Defenders - (squadron, 3 points) - "At the end of the Combat Phase you may remove 1 focus or evade token from each friendly N-1 Starfighter and place it on this card. At the start of the Activation Phase, each friendly N-1 Starfighter may assign 1 token from this card to its ship. When there are less than 2 friendly N-1 Starfighters in play, discard this card and all tokens on it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...