OK so we got a group actually playing a 3 vs 3 Conflict campaign. I've been super excited for this. I'm going rebels. I'm kind of a tanky guy, thus the list I'm looking to start off with in round 1. Now the MC80 is my only question, home one or I was thinking on putting TRC's to maximize damage output.

Thought would be great!!

conflict 
Author: cjk1975

Faction: Rebel Alliance

Commander: Admiral Ackbar

Assault Objective: Custom Objective
Defense Objective: Custom Objective
Navigation Objective: Custom Objective

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Rapid Reload  ( 8  points) 
= 71 total ship cost

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63 points)
-  Rapid Reload  ( 8  points) 
= 71 total ship cost

MC80 Command Cruiser (106 points)
 Home One  ( 7  points) 
= 113 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Admiral Ackbar  ( 38  points) 
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
= 64 total ship cost

1 Wedge Antilles ( 19 points) 
2 X-Wing Squadrons ( 26 points) 
2 Y-Wing Squadrons ( 20 points) 
1 "Dutch" Vander ( 16 points) 

Card view link

Fleet created with Armada Warlords

Whew... you are throwing a Rebel threat list at the wall and seeing what sticks, which is great, but this fleet has a couple of problematic identity issues that create some real disharmony. Hopefully you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, because absolutely none of your ideas are BAD, they are just conflicting. I hope I can just serve as a sounding board to help you take a step back from the list and see the big picture a little better.

First, if you are gonna play Ackbar with 30's, you are losing out on HUGE potential threat by going with Torps with rapid reload instead of Enhanced Armament or upgrading to Scouts. You need to give Torpedo Frigates red dice, because if they can't form a dice pool they can't add Ackbar, so as configured they would only be able to attack at mid and short range. You miss adding Ackbar at his most effective range band! In this case, you would be far far better off to go with a different commander because at mid and close the extra reds aren't going to help as much as at long. This is just a case of great commander, great ship, but not great together (without EA help of course, because it adds red dice allowing you to form a pool and add Ackbar. Affectionately called Ackbar Star Destroyers because of the fact this battery mimics an ISD-I)

If you go with Scout or Enhanced Armament to get that red band, I would still skip RR. It's a lot of points for 2 or 3 extra dice over the course of a game. You are better going with APT in the slot in every case, cause its just an extra damage. With the extra dice you get a chance of 2 damage, but also a chance of blank. Better to just take the consistent 1 damage for 3 less points. Especially since APT goes through shields.

Second thing, you have 6 squadrons that desperately want activations (except maybe Wedge, he doesn't mind activating last as long as he has targets in range and doesn't die before he gets his turn) and only 2 squadron activations per turn assuming your Admiral lifeboat doesn't need to nav to avoid threat. In that case you have 0. It really is a good practice to balance activations and deployments.

If you want to take some X-Wings  Hera actually does a decent job of helping non-rogues shine in a low activation fleet. Hera and 3 X-wings will chew through more than their points worth of squadrons when they are flown in a tight formation. So take out the 2 Ywings and Dutch and replace with Hera. This also frees you up 8 points to add EA to the torps above. Hurray killing 2 birds with one stone! You now have 2 activations in ship phase, which you can use on whichever X's you don't want to rogue or even Hera to get her in position to Rogue the other 2 X's (one of which being Wedge). You will get infinite more mileage out of focusing on a strong AS screen than adding some random un-activatable bombers. They will get one round of shooting at ships, tops. Just don't bring bombers without plenty of activations.

41 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Whew... you are throwing a Rebel threat list at the wall and seeing what sticks, which is great, but this fleet has a couple of problematic identity issues that create some real disharmony. Hopefully you can take what I have to say with a grain of salt, because absolutely none of your ideas are BAD, they are just conflicting. I hope I can just serve as a sounding board to help you take a step back from the list and see the big picture a little better.

First, if you are gonna play Ackbar with 30's, you are losing out on HUGE potential threat by going with Torps with rapid reload instead of Enhanced Armament or upgrading to Scouts. You need to give Torpedo Frigates red dice, because if they can't form a dice pool they can't add Ackbar, so as configured they would only be able to attack at mid and short range. You miss adding Ackbar at his most effective range band! In this case, you would be far far better off to go with a different commander because at mid and close the extra reds aren't going to help as much as at long. This is just a case of great commander, great ship, but not great together (without EA help of course, because it adds red dice allowing you to form a pool and add Ackbar. Affectionately called Ackbar Star Destroyers because of the fact this battery mimics an ISD-I)

If you go with Scout or Enhanced Armament to get that red band, I would still skip RR. It's a lot of points for 2 or 3 extra dice over the course of a game. You are better going with APT in the slot in every case, cause its just an extra damage. With the extra dice you get a chance of 2 damage, but also a chance of blank. Better to just take the consistent 1 damage for 3 less points. Especially since APT goes through shields.

Second thing, you have 6 squadrons that desperately want activations (except maybe Wedge, he doesn't mind activating last as long as he has targets in range and doesn't die before he gets his turn) and only 2 squadron activations per turn assuming your Admiral lifeboat doesn't need to nav to avoid threat. In that case you have 0. It really is a good practice to balance activations and deployments.

If you want to take some X-Wings  Hera actually does a decent job of helping non-rogues shine in a low activation fleet. Hera and 3 X-wings will chew through more than their points worth of squadrons when they are flown in a tight formation. So take out the 2 Ywings and Dutch and replace with Hera. This also frees you up 8 points to add EA to the torps above. Hurray killing 2 birds with one stone! You now have 2 activations in ship phase, which you can use on whichever X's you don't want to rogue or even Hera to get her in position to Rogue the other 2 X's (one of which being Wedge). You will get infinite more mileage out of focusing on a strong AS screen than adding some random un-activatable bombers. They will get one round of shooting at ships, tops. Just don't bring bombers without plenty of activations.

You sir, great advice! So how would you put this all together?

Reworked. Howz this look??

You can quickly copy/paste this export in any forum/email/social network

Conflict v2 

MC30c Scout Frigate (69 points)
-  Assault Proton Torpedoes  ( 5  points) 
74 total ship cost

74 total ship cost

[ flagship ] GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Bomber Command Center  ( 8  points) 
64 total ship cost

MC80 Command Cruiser (106 points)
-  Turbolaser Reroute Circuits  ( 7  points) 
113 total ship cost

1 Hera Syndulla ( 28 points) 
1 Wedge Antilles ( 19 points) 

Card view link

Looks much much stronger!

You may want to consider replacing BCC. It requires ackbar to get in close, and really you want to deploy him safely. If he goes down, you lose your red dice! 

If you take it that out its 10 pts to 400. Maybe upgrade to the assault mc80 for more red dice and put coms net on the flotilla? Puts you dead on 400, keeps ackbar out of the way but still close enough.

8 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

Looks much much stronger!

You may want to consider replacing BCC. It requires ackbar to get in close, and really you want to deploy him safely. If he goes down, you lose your red dice! 

If you take it that out its 10 pts to 400. Maybe upgrade to the assault mc80 for more red dice and put coms net on the flotilla? Puts you dead on 400, keeps ackbar out of the way but still close enough.

Another way to get some of the points for the Assault Cruiser upgrade would be dropping TRCs, which no version of the MC80 (Home One or Liberty) can use. if you really want an upgrade on that ship, see if your group will part with Home One for you, which would help the Scout Frigates, or something like XI7s or SW-7s to put damage on target. If you go for the Assault Cruiser I recommend Leading Shots as the initial upgrade in Ion Cannons to give the reds a little less swing and a little more hit. DTTs offer a little less, for a little more (5 pts vs 4 pts, one die reroll with take-backsies vs spend one to reroll any number), but redundancy down the line never hurt anyone.

ok here's the updated list. I might as well swap out Wedge for Luke too...

Conflict V3 

[ flagship ] MC80 Command Cruiser (106 points)
 Home One  ( 7  points) 
= 151 total ship cost

= 74 total ship cost

= 74 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Repair Crews  ( 4  points) 
= 22 total ship cost

1 Luke Skywalker ( 20 points) 

Card view link

3 hours ago, cjk1975 said:

ok here's the updated list. I might as well swap out Wedge for Luke too...

Conflict V3 

[ flagship ] MC80 Command Cruiser (106 points)
 Home One  ( 7  points) 
= 151 total ship cost

= 74 total ship cost

= 74 total ship cost

GR-75 Medium Transports (18 points)
-  Repair Crews  ( 4  points) 
= 22 total ship cost

1 Luke Skywalker ( 20 points) 

Card view link

If the X-wings are there to be activated by Hera, I would keep Wedge. Most serious Imperial fighter balls want first strike, and will get it to boot, so you'll have targets to choose from for Wedge's ability. I would also make one of the generic X-wings Rogue Squadron, so all of your fighters will always be Rogue every round. And yes, you only get one upgrade this round, but as turns go on, more options become available to you.

Wedge makes your late activations hurt them a lot, and Biggs woukd make sure those X's last as long as possible and laugh off the Alpha. Luke adds anti-ship threat. You have a choice between better AS, longer lasting screen (less refit) and added ship threat with the aces. You choose the one that you think you need most! Or you could ask your CC mates to give you two of them. You could easily run either Wedge or Biggs in addition to Luke here by just waiting till round 2 to put repair crews on the flotilla (just because you can put an upgrade doesnt mean you have to)

Thats a big change but if you like double pickle is good in cc where they can just christmas tree up and try to win by simply not dying (since MOV doesn't matter they dont need to score in return, just not die.)

I'm rubbish at flying pickles because of the slow speed, and whenever i play against them they are hilariously easy to arc dodge and blow up from the front or rear where ackbar does nothing so from a personal perspective i didnt recommend them.

Also, this is not an assault fleet. If you try an assault, because of the slow speed and large base ships you will be annihilated by the ion cannons. 

Edited by BrobaFett

6 hours ago, BrobaFett said:

Thats a big change but if you like double pickle is good in cc where they can just christmas tree up and try to win by simply not dying (since MOV doesn't matter they dont need to score in return, just not die.)

I'm rubbish at flying pickles because of the slow speed, and whenever i play against them they are hilariously easy to arc dodge and blow up from the front or rear where ackbar does nothing so from a personal perspective i didnt recommend them.

Also, this is not an assault fleet. If you try an assault, because of the slow speed and large base ships you will be annihilated by the ion cannons. 

I'm still toying. We pushed the campaign back a week and I still like the shrimp list. I have this and there's no need to buy more. Besides he came in 3rd with his list running this.

My goal is to survive and cause severe damage. I want to blow **** up and pop to speed 4 and come back around again and I think this may be it. Update here soon