Green Knight

Vassal Summer 2017 Tournament

30 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

The Rules Subforum.

guys don't say anything

2nd Edit: just realised it's in the first bloody page. Move along... move along.

Thanks. I'd had a skim of the pinned thread but wasn't sure if that was what we were using for the tournament.

Edit: nope, that's not what I'm looking for. There's no ruling on up to date things like RLB or Leia's inclusion as an Admiral (which i know is allowed, but I'm just using it as an indicator that I've got the right document). I went back 6 pages into that forum and didn't see any obvious contenders. AFAIK I'm looking for the document that Dras maintains.

Edited by ManInTheBox

25 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

2nd Edit: just realised it's in the first bloody page. Move along... move along.

Thanks. I'd had a skim of the pinned thread but wasn't sure if that was what we were using for the tournament.

Edit: nope, that's not what I'm looking for. There's no ruling on up to date things like RLB or Leia's inclusion as an Admiral (which i know is allowed, but I'm just using it as an indicator that I've got the right document). I went back 6 pages into that forum and didn't see any obvious contenders. AFAIK I'm looking for the document the @Drasnighta maintains.

Link to document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M6J-ee0JzVWn46d22GdiX2-6CuzSYB_p93nJbU0LqcE/edit?usp=sharing

What do you find is not answered? @Drasnighta put out a call, asking if anyone had anything that needed addressing.

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Link to document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M6J-ee0JzVWn46d22GdiX2-6CuzSYB_p93nJbU0LqcE/edit?usp=sharing

What do you find is not answered? @Drasnighta put out a call, asking if anyone had anything that needed addressing.

Nothing, I've not read the document yet. The original post I was referring to (that I had skim read) was the Pinned post in the rules sub forum that @thecactusman17 seemed to be referring to. I edited my post (2nd edit) to basically say 'i found the document, ignore the rest of this post', but it wouldn't let me do strikethrough on mobile, so I grabbed the laptop to do it but by that time you'd replied and we have decended into a shallow well of miscommunication! :D

TL;DR, it's all fine, I've got the document, I was looking in the wrong place originally, thanks!

Edited by ManInTheBox

1 hour ago, Undeadguy said:

How do we know he is knowledgeable enough?

You don't. But I promise I will lay down these powers you have given me when this tournament is finished! My first act with this new power will be to form the Committee of Disqualification. Their job is to disqualify all those who oppose us SECRET.

Edited by JJs Juggernaut

On 07/04/2017 at 8:45 AM, Green Knight said:

MEASURING:

When moving squadrons, players may utilize a SECOND range/distance overlay (in addition to the distance overlay of the squadron they are moving), without violating the two-tool rule.

When a squadron is placed, the final position cannot be adjusted (including minor nudging, tweaking or undoing). The only exception would be if the squadron was obviously misplaced due to prematurely releasing the mouse button etc. If that happens, the player may undo and try again.

This rule is intended to A) speed play and B) comply with the newest tourney regs. If both players agree, they may continue to use old school squadron movement, as long as it remains fast and consistent.

Can I please check a working example of the above?

Is it saying that i can also turn on a range/distance band of (for example) one target that i am trying to gauge distance from?

Additionally, previously i have cloned the squad that I'm moving so that i and my opponent can verify that the final position is legal. As soon as the squadron is placed i delete the original. Is this still allowed with the target's range/distance band on too (if the answer to the above is also "yes").

(I appreciate that once the squadron is down, no further movement is allowed, that's a good call for game speed)

11 minutes ago, ManInTheBox said:

Can I please check a working example of the above?

Is it saying that i can also turn on a range/distance band of (for example) one target that i am trying to gauge distance from?

Additionally, previously i have cloned the squad that I'm moving so that i and my opponent can verify that the final position is legal. As soon as the squadron is placed i delete the original. Is this still allowed with the target's range/distance band on too (if the answer to the above is also "yes").

(I appreciate that once the squadron is down, no further movement is allowed, that's a good call for game speed)

Sounds like a reasonable way of doing things.

Beware of overlay clutter tho - with 3 overlays visible, there is a lot of color.