Green Knight

Vassal Summer 2017 Tournament

On 4/15/2017 at 3:35 PM, Ginkapo said:

Shall I just sign up with a dual ISD list? Sounds terrible but you never know

I'm toying with one of my own, a derivative of my VFT fleet. I'm trying arrange an experiment of the changes between now and 4/30.

Edit: That or a double Liberty list, so double Larges no matter what.

Edited by GiledPallaeon

UPDATE:

We're 42 players thus far. Very good.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M6J-ee0JzVWn46d22GdiX2-6CuzSYB_p93nJbU0LqcE/edit?usp=sharing

Still possible to join; registration deadline is on Sunday (i.e. 23rd of April).

Lists need to be in by NEXT Sunday (i.e. the 30th of April).

Play starts after Worlds are over (i.e. 8th of May).

@Drasnighta has been very kind and made an updated Tourney FAQ for us, including spoiled w6 stuff (link on the 1st page also).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AosqyFvIq8ltMnia1_vsZEATWDFjsMo8i420K80ltC4/edit?usp=sharing

If other stuff needs FAQing, let me know ASAP.

------

KEY DATES:

Deadline to register: Sunday, April 23rd

Deadline to submit fleets: Sunday, April 30th

Players are free to update submitted fleets up until the deadline (but don't overdo it - it's a lot to keep track of for me).

Start date: Monday, May 8th.

End date: Swiss play should be concluded end of May/early June, with Elimination rounds right after.

Edited by Green Knight

Take note of the following; it's the Vassal interpretation of the new measuring regs.

MEASURING:

When moving squadrons, players may utilize a SECOND range/distance overlay (in addition to the distance overlay of the squadron they are moving), without violating the two-tool rule.

When a squadron is placed, the final position cannot be adjusted (including minor nudging, tweaking or undoing). The only exception would be if the squadron was obviously misplaced due to prematurely releasing the mouse button etc. if that happens, the player may undo and try again.

4 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

no reading that without google drive? If I follow the second link, I arrive at the rooster. If I click on th Vasall 2017 arrow, I get a google drive ad.

Which link works? The fleet list one? If the FAQ link isn't working maybe @Drasnighta needs to share it; it's his file.

6 minutes ago, NebulonB said:

no reading that without google drive? If I follow the second link, I arrive at the rooster. If I click on th Vasall 2017 arrow, I get a google drive ad.

Duh me.

FAQ link was the wrong one. Here is the correct link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M6J-ee0JzVWn46d22GdiX2-6CuzSYB_p93nJbU0LqcE/edit?usp=sharing

55 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Take note of the following; it's the Vassal interpretation of the new measuring regs.

MEASURING:

When moving squadrons, players may utilize a SECOND range/distance overlay (in addition to the distance overlay of the squadron they are moving), without violating the two-tool rule.

When a squadron is placed, the final position cannot be adjusted (including minor nudging, tweaking or undoing). The only exception would be if the squadron was obviously misplaced due to prematurely releasing the mouse button etc. if that happens, the player may undo and try again.

Any chance of a screenshot example of this?

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

MEASURING:

Interesting interpretation of the rules. Doesn't seem they translate correctly into Vassal haha

Squads get a nice little buff. Just need to finalize my list.

2 minutes ago, Undeadguy said:

Interesting interpretation of the rules. Doesn't seem they translate correctly into Vassal haha

Squads get a nice little buff. Just need to finalize my list.

The intent is NOT to buff squads, but to cut down on the time used to move squads.

Ug, I'd rather we just continue the old way, especially since I have no way to keep my "hand" on the vassal piece. I can move a squadron in 15 seconds, even with nudges. It will take me longer like this, even with a second band, since I'll have to toggle everything else over and over to visualize that position. It won't be intentional slow play, but it will be longer than normal.

1 minute ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

Ug, I'd rather we just continue the old way, especially since I have no way to keep my "hand" on the vassal piece. I can move a squadron in 15 seconds, even with nudges. It will take me longer like this, even with a second band, since I'll have to toggle everything else over and over to visualize that position. It won't be intentional slow play, but it will be longer than normal.

World champ already making excuses...