Green Knight

Vassal Summer 2017 Tournament

I'm trying to understand why you believe Sloane prevents players from spending defense tokens?  Sloane's ability to spend dice for tokens occurs in an entirely separate part of the attack step than the defender spending them for defense?  In order for that to work, Sloane would need to spend her accuracy results after the spend/modify dice step? 

Edited by thecactusman17

50 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

I'm trying to understand why you believe Sloane prevents players from spending defense tokens?  Sloane's ability to spend dice for tokens occurs in an entirely separate part of the attack step than the defender spending them for defense?  In order for that to work, Sloane would need to spend her accuracy results after the spend/modify dice step? 

I was solidly in the "this is ridiculous" camp when I first read this one, too, but the arguments here are actually pretty solid.  In brief:

RRG pg 4 DEFENSE TOKENS said:

A defense token cannot be spent more than once during an attack.

Note the wording distinct from the preceding bullet point:

RRG pg 4 DEFENSE TOKENS said:

The defender cannot spend more than one defense token of each type per attack.

Because it's already been spent this attack, it can't be spent again, regardless of who did the spending.  This is distinct from the restriction on spending multiple tokens of the same type, because the defender is the only to whom that restriction applies... so Sloane spending one of Luke's braces doesn't lock both, for example.

I personally don't care one way or the other, just presenting the rationale.  If you think there's something that was missed in the linked discussion that impacts the resolution, please take it to that thread or pm the Marshal @Green Knight so's not to sidetrack the thread. :)

Edited by Ardaedhel

That argument does not make sense because it would immedately disqualify other combos that we know should work, such as Darth Vader and TRCs.

Are you going to turn off Darth Vader TRCs on the Arquitens?  Because you have to, assuming they both use the evade token.

Edited by thecactusman17

18 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

That argument does not make sense because it would immedately disqualify other combos that we know should work, such as Darth Vader and TRCs.

Are you going to turn off Darth Vader TRCs on the Arquitens?  Because you have to, assuming they both use the evade token.

54 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I personally don't care one way or the other, just presenting the rationale.  If you think there's something that was missed in the linked discussion that impacts the resolution, please take it to that thread or pm the Marshal @Green Knight so's not to sidetrack the thread.