Jump to content
Green Knight

Vassal Summer 2017 Tournament

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to understand why you believe Sloane prevents players from spending defense tokens?  Sloane's ability to spend dice for tokens occurs in an entirely separate part of the attack step than the defender spending them for defense?  In order for that to work, Sloane would need to spend her accuracy results after the spend/modify dice step? 

Edited by thecactusman17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

I'm trying to understand why you believe Sloane prevents players from spending defense tokens?  Sloane's ability to spend dice for tokens occurs in an entirely separate part of the attack step than the defender spending them for defense?  In order for that to work, Sloane would need to spend her accuracy results after the spend/modify dice step? 

I was solidly in the "this is ridiculous" camp when I first read this one, too, but the arguments here are actually pretty solid.  In brief:

RRG pg 4 DEFENSE TOKENS said:

A defense token cannot be spent more than once during an attack.

Note the wording distinct from the preceding bullet point:

RRG pg 4 DEFENSE TOKENS said:

The defender cannot spend more than one defense token of each type per attack.

Because it's already been spent this attack, it can't be spent again, regardless of who did the spending.  This is distinct from the restriction on spending multiple tokens of the same type, because the defender is the only to whom that restriction applies... so Sloane spending one of Luke's braces doesn't lock both, for example.

I personally don't care one way or the other, just presenting the rationale.  If you think there's something that was missed in the linked discussion that impacts the resolution, please take it to that thread or pm the Marshal @Green Knight so's not to sidetrack the thread. :)

Edited by Ardaedhel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That argument does not make sense because it would immedately disqualify other combos that we know should work, such as Darth Vader and TRCs.

Are you going to turn off Darth Vader TRCs on the Arquitens?  Because you have to, assuming they both use the evade token.

Edited by thecactusman17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thecactusman17 said:

That argument does not make sense because it would immedately disqualify other combos that we know should work, such as Darth Vader and TRCs.

Are you going to turn off Darth Vader TRCs on the Arquitens?  Because you have to, assuming they both use the evade token.

 

54 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

I personally don't care one way or the other, just presenting the rationale.  If you think there's something that was missed in the linked discussion that impacts the resolution, please take it to that thread or pm the Marshal @Green Knight so's not to sidetrack the thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...