Shadow345

What's the current meta?

What!? Did you just post a non troll topic? Are you feeling ok shadow345?

I'll give you an answer since you posted a decent question. I still see alot of  x7 defenders around even with the recent nerfs. I think stress builds might be making a comeback or at least they look viable against a decent amount of top stuff. The meta is in flux a bit right now.

Edited by Evenflow30

For Rebels, it's K-Wings with bombs (especially Miranda) and Kanan/Biggs. 

Imperials in a state of flux, however Triple Aces lists seem the most viable. The Tie S/F is fast becoming a staple (both Backdraft and Quickdraw are solid). There was talk about Tie Swams being viable again but not seeing it... yet. 

Scum is about Attani Mindlink on everything. And oh. Triple Scouts appear to be back. Ugh. 

Rebels: Super Horton

Imps: Barons (Fel and Rudor) and the Dark Lord, or Bombing Run with the new Jonus Brothers.

Scummies: Phat Guri and Heavy Scyks

or at least I wish it was that fun.  Sounds like the meta is TLTs, Sabine, and Mindlink with pilots being secondary choices.

In my opinion the meta currently isn't defined yet after the recent FAQ; but Scum mindlinked lists, Miranda, BIggs/Kanan and Palp Defenders are all still holding their positions near the top

Edited by Cgriffith

Pretty varied really. Everyone around these parts pretty much just flys what they feel like. Last kit tournament was a week ago and only one "meta" list in Fangaroo. We had B-wings, Hwks, /D defenders, Horton and lots of other crazy stuff. We all like to come up with our own lists instead of copying the latest hotness.

The big tournaments have all been the usual suspects. The little ones have seen a little more of the 'I don't know what's strong! I'll just fly these ships 'cos they're cool!' Mentality leading to HWKs, Firesprays and t-65s grabbing table time in these parts.

Rebels are flying lots of bombers at the moment with Kanan/Biggs also making a showing. Interestingly, Regen seems to be showing its face again with Miranda, Norra/R2-D2 and Poe/R5-P9 all cropping up in various lists now that the threat of alpha strikes has receeded somewhat.

Scum are currently in Model-T Ford mode, they can be any colour as long as they are Mindlinked. Parrattanni is still about with some people simply accepting the range restriction on Manaroo. Mindlinked U-Boats seem to be popular and even Thug-life is back as TLT spam is good against everything without auto-thrusters.

For Imperials, /x7 Defenders and Tie/SFs seem to be popular although the nerf to Palpatine has shaken everything up. Without the Palp-nerf, I think we would have seen older Aces like Quisy and Soontir surfacing again due to their resilience to TLTs. However they are just a bit too fragile without Palp-on-demand to cover green dice variance. Also they suffer badly to Rebel bombs. Kylo has yet to make a big splash on the meta but simply the fear of him seems to be supressing any ships with low hull scores.

Edited by Karhedron

8 hours ago, Evenflow30 said:

What!? Did you just post a non troll topic? Are you feeling ok shadow345?

I'll give you an answer since you posted a decent question. I still see alot of  x7 defenders around even with the recent nerfs. I think stress builds might be making a comeback or at least they look viable against a decent amount of top stuff. The meta is in flux a bit right now.

As usual, it's a reasonably interesting topic posted by a drive-by poster who won't engage with the discussion.  But that doesn't stop the discussion being interesting.

For my money, my read is:

- Mindlinked Protectorates, Lancers, and Jumpmasters are still big.  Mindlink isn't the defining factor though, so much as the ships using it are.  Mindlinked triple scouts are the next way that Jumpmasters will trample all over the meta by being too frigging cheap.

- Two-ship Scum is going to be big, especially lists that can answer Kylo crew effectively, somehow.  Ketsu/Bossk, Dengar/Assaj, etc.

- Quad TLTs are back.  Woo.  Soon to be in Scum Y Wing and Imperial Aggressor flavours.

- Imperials are basically down to x7s, /sfs, and the occasional pocket ace like OL, Quiz, Duchess, Sabacc for the most part.  RAC with Kylo and a wingman, possibly Vader, Quickdraw etc will be present just enough to heavily suppress other two-ship lists, but won't make a big impact at the top tables.  I think Upsilons will also be seen a reasonable amount, but it'll take a while for them to find their spot as they require a different sort of flying to what Imp players will be used to, and they will need a lot of skill to avoid people getting in behind them and killing them.

- Kanan/Biggs will be big, and Herahsoka will be the new hotness for a while, and some people might even fly it as well as Cal Jones and bring it to top tables.  Fat Falcons are coming back in as long as they can answer Kylo crew somehow.  Fat Miranda and a wingman will be around a lot.  K Wings will be around a lot.  TLTs generally will be around a lot.  K Wing bombers will also be huge.

I'd say up and coming things will be Determination on high-hull low-agi big ships, TLTs, Upsilons, /sfs.  Continuing to ride high will be Jumps, Fenn, and Assaj, K Wings, x7 Defenders.

Edited by thespaceinvader

I'm also seeing a lot of Dengar, Attanni Mindlink, Lancers, and Fenn Rao. I've seen some Defenders (x7, primarily), Rey/Finn, a little TLT, and Rebel experimentation (Ten Numb with Zeb crew!).