haritos

[Serious request] Give us a balance/feedback subgroup so this very specific group of people spamming nerf threads don't ruin our forum

I'm getting fed up with it too. I remember when we used to post list ideas, counter ideas, and not just shun winning lists. I know there's a squad subforum, but we had some great, more general discussions here. The problem is that this is what new players are going to be seeing now, and we get a race to the bottom.

I get it, 'complaining about complaining', so I'll just endorse this thread.

Personally, I would like to see all redesigning of current components threads go away.  No meta, no recosting, no nerf, no buff.

Ideas for new cards and titles are fun and creative topics; discussion of gameplay is what we should be doing.

Leave the designing to the designers.  If you have a new idea that's yours, share it.  But if it already in the game, it's a done deal.  Talk about how to defeat it, not how to redesign it.

29 minutes ago, fryxharry said:

Totally in favor of this. Ever since the great nerfening, this forum has become absolutely unbearable. No one seems to bother with talking about the game as it is, only how it could be further changed.

It was bound to happen. Quite a few people were bound to believe that the great nerfig is proof that, as long as you get a 'critical mass' to complain for long enough, anything can be nerfed.

With their pen&ink changes FFG has opened a door they won't be able to close again.

I fear constant nerf threads are here to stay.

You just don't want to hear true things. A certain faction of the X-Wing community will stop at nothing to silence any complaints about the game. And now that FFG vindicated the complainers, the "nothing is ever wrong, leave designing to the designers" people are mad that some things were "proven" to be wrong and perhaps still are wrong with the game.

Edited by Turbo Toker

3 minutes ago, Turbo Toker said:

You just don't want to hear true things. A certain faction of the X-Wing community will stop at nothing to silence any complaints about the game.

I'd love to see complaints about the game, because it means other people are playing it. But not on the main page of the forum, every day. We get it! You hate TLT, mindlink, extra munitions (???), Biggs, etc. You don't need to make this the FFG Complaint Board.

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Personally, I would like to see all redesigning of current components threads go away.  No meta, no recosting, no nerf, no buff.

Ideas for new cards and titles are fun and creative topics; discussion of gameplay is what we should be doing.

Leave the designing to the designers.  If you have a new idea that's yours, share it.  But if it already in the game, it's a done deal.  Talk about how to defeat it, not how to redesign it.

We should build a wall and make Xwing great again.

1 minute ago, Flyingbrick said:

I hope that all the nerf threads will not be the death of the game we all have loved and play. 

The things the nerf threads are complaining about are more likely to bring about the death of the game than the actual threads themselves. They're just saying (sometimes) true things.

This all stems from the damned FAQ. What a terrible decision that was- totally took Imps out of the meta, in one stroke. Is it any wonder that players who got slapped with that want the other power combos to feel the pain too? I say give more combos the FAQ hammer- lets not leave anyone out. Let the power combos burn, and a new game can rise from the ashes.

Jayne.jpg

4 minutes ago, Johen Dood said:

This all stems from the damned FAQ. What a terrible decision that was- totally took Imps out of the meta, in one stroke. Is it any wonder that players who got slapped with that want the other power combos to feel the pain too? I say give more combos the FAQ hammer- lets not leave anyone out. Let the power combos burn, and a new game can rise from the ashes.

Jayne.jpg

Palpatine and TIE/x7 were too good.

Yeah, maybe just start making threads about the sh*t you want to talk about instead of feeding into it all? The forum only keeps active threads at the top, so...

Stop posting in Nerf threads. 

Start posting in non-Nerf threads. Or! Start a worthwhile conversation. Harder than it seems. 

29 minutes ago, Turbo Toker said:

You just don't want to hear true things. A certain faction of the X-Wing community will stop at nothing to silence any complaints about the game. And now that FFG vindicated the complainers, the "nothing is ever wrong, leave designing to the designers" people are mad that some things were "proven" to be wrong and perhaps still are wrong with the game.

No, I don't want to hear whiners that don't like how somethings affect their builds. Play the game. If there are things you don't like ask your opponents not to use them. 

I don't like to be out maneuvered by Soontir Fel. I don't call for a nerf. I don't like Omega Leader's ability either. No nerf on him either. Don't like to face Ventress, Rau and Teroch but you won't hear a call for a nerf from this side of the table.

Just because you don't like how something works is not a reason to ask for a nerf.

40 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

It was bound to happen. Quite a few people were bound to believe that the great nerfig is proof that, as long as you get a 'critical mass' to complain for long enough, anything can be nerfed.

With their pen&ink changes FFG has opened a door they won't be able to close again.

I fear constant nerf threads are here to stay.

The way this game changes gives players the impression that every option is on the table. Everything is open for discussion so that is what we see, for better or for worse. The elephant in the room is that ideally, these 'nerfs' would have been the cards' rules from day one, so we wouldn't have any other rule to compare them with. This would have meant a lot less disappointment. But as it is, players feel they've lost their original Palpatine and received a less powerful one in return.

15 minutes ago, Stoneface said:

No, I don't want to hear whiners that don't like how somethings affect their builds. Play the game. If there are things you don't like ask your opponents not to use them. 

I don't like to be out maneuvered by Soontir Fel. I don't call for a nerf. I don't like Omega Leader's ability either. No nerf on him either. Don't like to face Ventress, Rau and Teroch but you won't hear a call for a nerf from this side of the table.

Just because you don't like how something works is not a reason to ask for a nerf.

How else is FFG supposed to fix the game?

If you nerf things that people don't like, that's good for the game.

See, here is one of those people I was just talking about. They consider not liking something as an invalid reason to nerf something. How convenient. So therefore nothing can ever be wrong with the game, because all the complaints can be brushed aside as invalid subjective taste.

Hey, you thinking Palp and x7 don't ruin the game is just subjective taste too. Guess we should nerf them. Just because you like how something works is not a reason to ask for the game to be kept the same

Edited by Turbo Toker

29 minutes ago, Turbo Toker said:

Palpatine and TIE/x7 were too good.

You got anything to back that claim? Didn´t think so.

They were nowhere near too good. Now especially Palpatine is reduced next to useless for the price you pay.

Personally, I like reading players' thoughts about game balance, existing and desired.

Some of it I agree with (TIE/x7, Zuckuss), some of it I disagree with (all the stupid ideas for nerfing upgrades on the JM5K, instead of properly costing the JM5K; Palpatine (mostly)), and some of it I just sorta think, "I see where you're coming from, but enh" (TLTs, Biggs, Mindlink).

If anything gets too repetitive or strident I just, you know, stop reading it.  (It's rough to take that kind of personal responsibility, I know.  It would be so much easier if FFG would just nerf the nerf-sayers for you.)

6 minutes ago, Jeff Wilder said:

Personally, I like reading players' thoughts about game balance, existing and desired.

Some of it I agree with (TIE/x7, Zuckuss), some of it I disagree with (all the stupid ideas for nerfing upgrades on the JM5K, instead of properly costing the JM5K; Palpatine (mostly)), and some of it I just sorta think, "I see where you're coming from, but enh" (TLTs, Biggs, Mindlink).

If anything gets too repetitive or strident I just, you know, stop reading it.  (It's rough to take that kind of personal responsibility, I know.  It would be so much easier if FFG would just nerf the nerf-sayers for you.)

Can´t believe I just liked your post.