Rodafowa

Loose Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit

Uh... basically, you see the thread title? That.

I've got a problem where a couple of my plastic maneuver dials seem to hold the cardboard disk-o-maneuvers a bit too loosely, making it waaaaaaay too easy for the dial to "wander" toward an adjacent maneuver when it's being handled or flipped. And no, that's not just what I told my opponent.

A cursory Google/forum search doesn't seem to indicate that this is a common problem, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else is having a similar issue, and if so if they'd managed to alleviate it.

Also, I've now said "maneuver" so often that the word's lost all meaning to me.

1 hour ago, Keffisch said:

One of my Imperial dials had the same issue.

I solved it by taking it apart and carefully cutting off a bit of the "insert-part" with a hobby knife - for a tighter fit.

The end of the piece you stick in?  Make it shorter?

FFG customer service is amazing. I sent them a request for a new 'peg bit' (the part that pokes into the circle), and they had it sent to my doorstep in 3 days. If it's the circle portion that's too wide, just ask and I'm sure they will send you a corrected bit. 

While i havnt tried this on Xwing dials, i had to do this on a few Armada shield dials and it worked wonders.

Some of the shields werent being squeezed by the plastic peg so they'd just free spin, rather irritating when moving the ship causes the shield value to change. So i took it off, superglued the part that comes into contact with the cardboard, let it dry, then reassembled it. The glue gave it enough thickness/friction to stop the free spin.

I have a couple xwing dials i probably should do this for but i also have multiples of those dials anyway so ive been lazy lol

I found a simple folded sliver of paper solves the problem immediately. Just put it between the main plastic and the cardboard dial. Doesn't even have to be neat. You'll forget its there and have no more problems. 

1 hour ago, Rodafowa said:

Thanks a lot for the replies everyone, it's very much appreciated. There's several options there I'll experiment with and see what works best for me. 

Likewise. I've got one snug, one okayish, and one very loose. This'll help a ton!

Both of my ARC dials were loose, so I put a piece of paper between the plastic dial cover and the cardboard, pushing the plastic peg through it to make a hole in the paper.  Haven't had an issue with it since.