Sign in to follow this  
Szww

RuneWars' four factions

I have't seen it here yet.

Can't wait for Latari, but I'm bit sceptic abot this Leonx... looks more like a wolf with rat tail than a proud, vicious cat-like beast I adore.

16251602_1416103511754900_3777120804686528722_o.jpg

Edited by Szww

I agree. When I first saw that poster I was sure it was a new beast and not a Leonx, but others here disagreed. Since the lore guide mentions Leonx and no new beasts for the Latari, I've changed my mind and think it must be a Leonx.

As far as the tail goes, I think those rings might be some sort of armor or decoration (not to mention the mace-like tip on the tail).

There was some discussion about it earlier this year.

While we're on the topic of Latari critters - can someone with enlighten me... what is/are Ventala?

Ventala is mentioned in the Latari section of the Lore guide on p. 28:

… and it bore fruit in Human and Dwarf, Ventala and Leonx, and so many creatures.

In case you didn't know both those factions are due out before the year ends with other new units for the core factions. I'm guessing it'll be just in time for Christmas.

7 minutes ago, Iceeagle85 said:

I just hope they all will also come in an undead variant, that's all I need. :D

We only need the Uthuk and Waiqar forces, the rest are just fodder! Although I'd be happy for the Orcs or Lizardmen to be included later down the line.

1 hour ago, drkpnthr said:

Cool, but that's not the poster from above, right?

But... I want a dragon!! Like X-Wing epic, one figure spanning two entire trays, how cool would that be! At least, it would look cool, don't know if it makes sense from a gameplay perspective ...

Edited by SirWillibald

2 hours ago, Muz333 said:

In case you didn't know both those factions are due out before the year ends with other new units for the core factions. I'm guessing it'll be just in time for Christmas.

I'm hoping for Q3 since that was suppose to be the Q3 poster buuuuuut yeah its wishful thinking and we will probably see these out in oct/nov

1 hour ago, SirWillibald said:

Cool, but that's the poster from above, right?

But... I want a dragon!! Like X-Wing epic, one figure spanning two entire trays, how cool would that be! At least, it would look cool, don't know if it makes sense from a gameplay perspective ...

That's cool and all, but let's go all out and put in Valyndra!!!

1 minute ago, FrogTrigger said:

I'm waiting to dive in until the Latari are released. I really hope this doesn't hurt their initial numbers having people like myself that are more interested in other factions. I might have to buy a core just to 'do my part'.

My guess is you will need a core anyway for the templates and such

I would argue that it would be good to get involved now just to get an understanding of the other factions and how they move, knowing how fast initiatives are of your opponent is going to be VERY important...but I mean if you don't lie either faction at all then don't jump and wait and hope that the other armies are starter forces.

23 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

I'm waiting to dive in until the Latari are released. I really hope this doesn't hurt their initial numbers having people like myself that are more interested in other factions. I might have to buy a core just to 'do my part'.

With the Latari already planned for this year whether you jump on now or later shouldn't affect the short term support for the game.

14 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

I know of a few people that aren't going to get into this game until the new factions are released.  I really want this game to take off, but it seems that FFG being so cautious about its release may end up hurting it.  On the other hand, I still believe FFG knows what they're doing.  

2 minutes ago, player562030 said:

I know of a few people that aren't going to get into this game until the new factions are released.  I really want this game to take off, but it seems that FFG being so cautious about its release may end up hurting it.  On the other hand, I still believe FFG knows what they're doing.  

In what way are they being cautious with the release? They've already announced another two factions and new units before the end of the year. Before that we have expansions with the core units, command units and a new hero for each starting faction. I think they are determined to give a lot of support for the first couple of years before even looking at whether or not it's selling.

I believe we will get 2nd starter, and that's what I'm looking for. 

But they should make their best to support good release and shelf availability, my local shop have everything preordered but they didn't offer any preorder just yet, they say ffg was so unreliable with shipments that they don't want to explain customers yet again that the set is not here yet.

They will also have to do their best to beat Sigmar, and the shop owner said it is selling very well. 

I would also love to see more lore books, the one from core set was great, but soooo short :-)

Sigmar ::gag:: the store I'm playing at has their shipment from FFG on it's way and should be arriving tomorrow (with launch kits also) all of it is street dated but it will be in the backroom of the store thursday...so I get to stare longingly at more of my models...

59 minutes ago, Muz333 said:

In what way are they being cautious with the release? They've already announced another two factions and new units before the end of the year. Before that we have expansions with the core units, command units and a new hero for each starting faction. I think they are determined to give a lot of support for the first couple of years before even looking at whether or not it's selling.

The lack of promotion for this game, along with the fact that there is only two factions to choose from when it releases seems to me like a cautious approach for a new table top miniatures war game.  Rather than saying it's "cautious" I should say FFG is treating it more like a board game release instead of a the miniatures war game that it is.  

I get that there are a lot of people excited for this game (me being one of them) but out of my gaming group of over twelve avid board game/war game enthusiasts over half didn't even know about this game.  Then after me hyping this game up to them, only one out of the five that wanted to get into this game was interested in the two factions available at launch.  

I just feel that it being a war game, if they had four factions to choose from at launch, it would reach more people's interest/attention.  

Not having mats at launch in my opinion is a missed opportunity by FFG as well.  Why not fully support this great game with accessories on day one?  People excited to play will want something to play on. 

I believe FFG knows what they're doing.  I have no doubt about that.  I am super excited for this game and just wish it was a bigger deal at its launch.