Sign in to follow this  
Boze

What else to add to my GM screen

Hey folks!

The below is a GM screen i made from the original WFRP cardboard sleeve that it came with.

DSCF0635.jpg

In case you can't make it out on the picture I have the deadeyedick 2.0 landscape GM sheets  (can be found on board game geek and hammerzeit) and the WFRP living index.

I was thinkin of printing off the Dice Reference sheet in the bottom right of the living index, but what do you think I should put on that empty space with the ? (hard to see sorry) piece of paper? It's got room for 1 full 8.5 X 11 and our first session is tomorrow! Talk about pressure!

Thanks for your input! :D

Way to go!  I knew somebody'd do that!   You need a BUILT-IN progress tracker.  Put it at the top with a paperclip marker you can slide.  On the front, you can put the PARTY SHEET with a slot for talent cards and another paperclip for tracking fortune and party tension.  (and get me close-up pix ;)

Here are some sequence things that I am putting in my players guide.  See if any of it's useful:

WFRP3 Sequences
Active Player’s Turn
* Initiative is established with agility check (successes).

* Fortune Points may be spent anytime during a character’s turn: 1) Add a white die to a roll, 2) Reduce action card recharge, 3) Reduce Talent card recharge, 4) reduce condition card recharge.

* Maneuvers may be performed anytime during a character’s turn (one is free, additional cost Fatigue).

Beginning of Turn Phase:
1. Adjust stance one space for free. More costs Stress 1:1.
2. Resolve any other Beginning Phase effects

Middle of Turn Phase (Action Card Resolution)
1. Active player selects an action card and announces the target
2. Generate your starting dice pool.
3. GM assigns Purple (1 for combat) and black/ misfortune dice.
4. Dice pool is rolled and evaluated
5. If attack is successful, calculate Wounds Inflicted
6. Resolve all remaining Action Card Effects

End of Turn Phase (Next Person Can Start Their Action)
1. Mark Tracking Tokens on Action/Talents used
2. Remove one tracking token from brief conditions
3. Remove one tracking token from action cards
4. Remove one tracking token from talents
5. Adjust Power/Favor (Spellcasters)
6. Resolve any other End Phase effects

OTHER GAME TIME REFERENCES
Rally Phase of Encounter/Act
1. GM awards fortune points to party
2. Move stance one towards neutral (required)
3. Remove one recharge token from from any recharging cards
4. Recover one stress and one fatigue
5. Adjust Power/Favor as if it were the PC’s End of Turn phase
6. Perform ONE Rally Step Action
a. One maneuver
b. Attempt one First Aid check
c. Attempt (1p) Reslilience check to recover fatigue equal to the number of successes generated
d. Attempt (1p) Discipline check to recover stress equal to number of successes generated.
e. Re-roll initiative for party’s slowest init’ token.
f. Perform action with “Rally” trait.
7. Non-PC’s may perform these, plus refresh A/C/E dice.

End Of Encounter/Act (and/or 8 hours of complete rest)
1. Recover Fatigue equal to Toughness
2. Recover Stress equal to Willpower
3. Willpower check for temporary insanity to become permanent insanity. (WFRP67)
4. Resilience check for temporary disease to become permanent disease (house rule).
5. Remove any non-permanent conditions

End of an Episode (GM will announce) ToA12,18; WFRP62
1. Recover Fatigue equal to Toughness
2. Recover Stress equal to Willpower
3. GM awards Fortune points to party

Interlude between Adventures (ToA37)
1. Submit character hooks
2. Healing & Recovery (including Disease & Insanity)
3. Activities (Research, Training, Employment, Travel, Gossip, Shopping, Prayer, etc.)
4. Encounter
5. Check Plot Triggers

Universal Dice Roll Effect (p.45)
(2) skulls – suffer one fatigue or stress relevant to the check
(2) eagles – recover one fatigue or stress relevant to the check

Maneuvers
Rules: One maneuver is free per turn. Additional maneuvers cost (1) Fatigue each. (WFRP p.52)

v Assist: Performing the assist maneuver allows an engaged ally to add a bonus fortune die to his next check. Several characters can use the assist maneuver to add more bonus fortune dice to the engaged ally’s next check (use or discarded).

v Socket (use) Talent. Place 4 recharge tokens if not constant.

v Unsocket and/or Exchange Talent. Can only unsocket if recharged. Card must be the same type to be exchanged.

v Interact with the Environment. Often a single maneuver is enough. This is a broad category of possible interactions that include opening a door, climbing a wagon, knocking over a table, ducking behind a counter, grabbing a torch, etc.

v Mange Equipment:
v Draw, sheath, ready, load, or exchange held weapon.
v Draw something from a pack on your person.
v Sling or unsling a shield. In order to have the Block defense action active, you must have a shield equipped.

v Mount or Dismount from a Horse. An Easy (1d) Ride check is required to succeed if the character is untrained in Ride.

v Movement
o Change range increment: Extreme to Long costs (3) maneuvers. Long to Medium costs (2) maneuvers. Medium to close or close to engaged costs (1) maneuver.

o Engage or Safely Disengage with an opponent and move to close range. You can disengage without using a maneuver, but it entitles the opponent to (1) free attack.

o Stand-up from prone.

o Move within close range without engaging an opponent.

o Engage with an ally.

v Preparation. This is required for some actions.

v Use a Skill

WFRP 3 – Conditions Summary Cheat Sheet (WFRP 69 and cards)
Ø Brief Effect (begin with three tracking tokens). They do not stack.
Ø Dependent Effect (lasts until causative factor removed) E.g. Engaged with Creature with Fear Trait
Ø Lingering Effect (last until end of encounter or rally phase; whichever comes first). They do not stack.
Ø Permanent Effect (lasts until cured). E.g. insanity or disease

q Blinded (Lingering Effect). Any check you perform that requires the sense of sight gains one Purple/Challenge die.
q Cowed (Brief Effect). You cannot convert characteristic dice into reckless dice.
q Damaged (Lingering Effect, Item). Applies only to equipment. Weapons have their DR reduced by two. Armor has its defense reduced by two. All other items add two Black/Misfortune dice to any skill check in which they are used, until the damage is repaired.
q Demoralized (Lingering Effect). Cancels Inspired. Add one Black/Misfortune die to all skill checks.
q Energized (Brief Effect). Cancels Sluggish. During your turn, you may perform one additional maneuver without suffering fatigue.
q Entangled (Lingering Effect). Suffer one additional fatigue when performing maneuvers. When performing a physical action, suffer two fatigue.
q Environmental Condition (Dependent Effect; ToA 21). GM may assign additional Purple / Challenge dice.
q Exposed (Brief Effect). Attackers targeting you add one White/Fortune die to their dice pools.
q Frightened (Dependent Effect). While engaged with a target that has a Fear or Terror Rating, you convert one less characteristic die into a stance die. At the beginning of your turn you suffer one 1 stress.
q Ill-Fortuned (Brief Effect). Suffer one stress each time you suffer one or more wounds.
q Insane, Temporary (See insanity cards). Failed discipline check.
q Insane, Permanent (WFRP 67). Failed Willpower check at end of the act.
q Inspired (Lingering Effect). Cancels Demoralized. Add one White/Fortune die to all skill checks.
q Intoxicated (Lingering Effect). Add two Black/Misfortune dice and one White/Fortune die to all checks.
q Invigorated (Lingering Effect). During your End of Turn phase, you may remove one additional recharge token from any one of your currently recharging cards.
q Madness (WFRP 68): Number of permanent insanities > Willpower. Character must be retired.
q Neutral Stance (WFRP 46). Character may not convert characteristic dice into stance dice, but may access benefits and side-effects on either side of the action card.
q Overwhelmed (Brief Effect). Add one Purple/Challenge die to checks based on physical characteristics.
q Perplexed (Brief Effect) Add one Purple/Challenge die to checks based on mental characteristics.
q Rattled (Brief Effect). You cannot convert characteristics dice into conservative dice.
q Shock (Lingering Effect). You may not recover stress while in Shock. Mental skill checks gain one Black/Misfortune die.
q Sluggish (Brief Effect). Cancels Energized. Suffer one additional fatigue for each maneuver you perform during your turn.
q Staggered (Brief Effect). Your stance is considered one step closer to neutral. Add one additional recharge token to any Active Defense you perform.
q Traumatized (Lingering Effect). Add one Purple/Challenge die to initiative checks. You may not use the first hero marker on the initiative track unless it is the only hero marker there.
q Weakened (Brief Effect). Add two Black/Fortune dice to Strength checks. Attacks using Strength inflict two fewer damage/wounds.

IMPAIRMENTS AND WOUNDS (P.62-65)
q Distressed (Impairment: Stress > Willpower). Checks using mental characteristics add one extra Black/Misfortune die per token greater than the characteristic. Draw an insanity card and keep it if it fits.
q Exhausted/Passed-Out (Impairment: Stress > 2x Willpower). Character becomes unconscious.
q Fatigued (Impairment: Fatigue > Toughness). Checks using physical characteristics add one extra Black/Misfortune die per token greater than the characteristic.
q Unconscious (Impairment: Fatigue > 2x Toughness). Character becomes unconscious.
q Strained (Impairment: Distressed and Fatigued at the same time). Draw insanity cards until one fits.
q Lightly Wounded: No critical wounds. One Purple/Challenge die for First Aid check.
q Critically Wounded: At least one critical wound. Two Purple/Challenge dice for First Aid check.
q Knocked Out (normal wounds > Wound Threshold). Change one wound to critical. Unconscious.
q Dead: Critical Wounds being more than Toughness.

SPELLCASTER CONDITIONS
q Excess Power/Favour (aka Overchanneling/Overcurrying) (Power > 2x Willpower; ToA 34; ToB 33). Spellcaster must spend a maneuver and suffer one stress to maintain beyond “Safety Threshold.” If he cannot maintain it, all excess power immediately vents to point of equilibrium and he suffers one fatigue for each point of power vented. Additionally, spellcaster must roll one Black / Misfortune die for each power vented above his Safety Threshold. For every Challenge symbol generated, he suffers one wound. For every Bane symbol, he suffers one stress.
q Equilibrium. Power/Favour = Willpower.
q Zero Power (ToA 35). If power loss is forced, character must make Discipline check with challenge dice equal to the number of power he is unable to lose. Success causes 1 stress. Failure causes 1 stress and Temporary Insanity condition with the Chaos or Trauma Trait with additional tokens equal to the difficulty of the check.
q Zero Favour (ToB 33). If favour loss is forced, character must make Discipline check with challenge dice equal to the number of power he is unable to lose. Success causes 1 stress. Failure causes 1 stress and Temporary Insanity condition with the Enigma or Trauma Trait with additional tokens equal to the difficulty of the check.

q OTHER: Diseased. Becomes permanent if failed Resilience check at end of act.

How about adding a plastic sleeve to that empty bit so that you can put copies of the monster pages from the ToA in there?  That way you can have the monsters and their actions you need right in front of you so you don't  have to flick through the book.

Bertolac said:

How about adding a plastic sleeve to that empty bit so that you can put copies of the monster pages from the ToA in there?  That way you can have the monsters and their actions you need right in front of you so you don't  have to flick through the book.

Holy crap that's genius!

Hah but i am a bit upset! There are all these good suggestions now and I need to decide! Oh woes me!

Good job! I was thinking of cutting the sleeve and using it as a GM screen, right when I first popped the box out! :)

In the end I went with a couple of middle size pizza boxes (unfolded and unused... duh)  with some great hi-rez Warhammer Online wallpapers printed and glued to the outer side (3x trimmed A3 sheets). The whole thing is three-fold and is HUGE!! When I got some time I'm going to paint some border (flames, dark tendrils, parchment tears or something) around the prints so there's no white border around all the images.

On the inside I have the GM helper sheets (v2 wide), the living index and some free space to clip on other materials. For counters I made an A4 laminated sheet with several blank trackers on it - a title for each tracker can be written with a dry wipe marker and the progress may be indicated by a token or by a check mark... I'll post all of this here soon. I just have to remove the faded images I've used for the backgrounds as they're all GW copyrighted stuff.

Fantastic!

Please take some pictures of your tracking setup! I got the boys coming over here in 30 minutes for our next big session, I will take pictures myself so you can see my set up! :D

Hey I know I said I would take a picture of my play area but as I was tearing down I forgot hah! So here is my almost all cleaned up and put away play area.

I put everyones cards/ characters sheets (ones I printed off of hammerzeit the ones with the game are really far to small to be effective)

I also got a 6x4 piece of ply that I through some felt on to give a nice play surface!

playingarea.jpg