Braylen with gunner and r3a2

Norra with PtL and either r2d2, c3pO or both. Tail gunner is a good sub for c3pO if you want to be more aggressive.

Add vectored thrusters if you have points, but I don't find them that useful.

Edited by RittsMJ

I believe that as the only ship that can run an astromech and a crew, you should be running both, hopefully in a way that synergizes well with the pilot ability you want. The ARC isn't a cheap throwaway ship so putting some extra points on it isn't bad. Having a goal with your ARC is a good idea, which is why endgame norra and stresshog braylen are probably the most common builds. also always run alliance overhaul, but that kinda goes without saying.

My go to ARC-170 build:

Norra Wexley (41 points) 

Alliance Overhaul (title) + Push the Limit + C3PO + R2D2 + Vectored Thrusters

She's a late game ace, with regen and defensive modication ability up the wazoo. All you need to do is focus and target lock and watch the hits turn into misses, and if they do get hits just do a green and recover the shields at your leisure while shooting out the rear arc with a critical hit waiting. This build literally runs a 1 agility ship into a 3 agility ship beast.

Edited by Cgriffith

Norra + PTL + Katarn + BB8 + Engine Upgrade + Title

Think it's the only ship in the game that can barrel boost TL and focus all in a single round on it's own, and she still end stress free.

Norra + Predator + Katarn + R3A2 + VT + Title

She hits consistently hard, and stresses opponent. 

On 4/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, Cap116 said:

Thane, M9G8, Weapons Engineer, Vectored Thrusters, and Seismic Torps (torps optional, they can be fun though)

That sounds like quite a lot of fun. I hadn't even considered pairing M9-G8 with Weapons Engineer yet. 

Edited by Myth Child

3 hours ago, Myth Child said:

That sounds like quite a lot of fun. I hadn't even considered pairing M9-G8 with Weapons Engineer yet. 

Its amazing. My brother flew thane alongside Miranda with plasma missiles and TLT and Rey crew in regionals. Was second in swiss with highest MOV. M9G8 is worth like 12-15pts per match for how much extra damage it causes or prevents.

1 hour ago, wurms said:

Its amazing. My brother flew thane alongside Miranda with plasma missiles and TLT and Rey crew in regionals. Was second in swiss with highest MOV. M9G8 is worth like 12-15pts per match for how much extra damage it causes or prevents.

That is awesome. I've only put the droid on Jess in a few games so far, but I need to give this a try as well. 

The current double Arc list I am currently toying with is this:

Biggs Darklighter + R4-D6 + Integrated Astromech
Shara Bey + Draw Their Fire + Weapons Engineer + R2-D2 + Alliance Overhaul
Norra Wexley + Expertise + Rey + R5-P9 + Alliance Overhaul

Yes, yes, I know... It is a dirty double rebel regen list.  Here is typically how the game turns play out:

Setup: try to start in the opposite corner of the playmat from your opponent.

-Turns 1-3 (before engagement begins): move out slowly with 1 forwards or 1 banks for positioning. Rey will start banking focus tokens for Norra.  Those focus tokens are essentially a shield bank for R5-P9 later, as Norra does not really need to spend her focus for anything with Expertise.
-Engagement begins: Ideally Biggs will be at range 3 of most enemy ships, but Norra and Shara will be at range 2 of the enemies (within range 1 of biggs of course).  Any Crit that gets to Biggs can be pulled onto Shara with Draw Their Fire.  She will subsequently regen that shield damage with R2-D2. Shara and Norra should have a ship target-locked each.  Norra's 3 dice attack gets an auto-damage added by spending her lock for a focus, then using expertise to convert.  If she rolls poorly (blank blank hit, blank blank blank; etc.) she can also use Shara's targetlock to reroll her missed dice first before adding the focus result and then converting everything.  She has a very good change of getting 3-4 hits through on the attack.

-Mid-game: continue using Shara to spot the targetlocks for Norra and helping Biggs survive by absorbing any Crit that bypasses his defense.  This setup makes biggs survive far longer than he should.  Norra hits consistently for 3-4 hits a round and if she doesn't use the spare target-lock from Shara; then either Shara can use it herself or Biggs can use it for a punch.  Biggs actually can hit back, instead of being everyone's punching bag.  

-End game: Eventually Biggs will go down of course, but then you now have 2 regen ships with great zone's of fire.  If Norra starts taking damage, pull focus tokens off Rey, but continue taking those targetlocks as actions.  Norra doesn't actually need to use her focus tokens on offense because of Expertise, so they will all get converted into shields through R5-P9.  If Norra gets out of position, keep banking those focus tokens.  Her regen works regardless if she bumps or if she gets stressed; which can save your skin in tight situations.  Hopefully, Norra's consistent damage output and the double regen has put you into a good position for the end game.

I also like using Norra Wexley with Push the limit, R2-D2, crew of choice (tail gunner, c3po), title.  However, I've found that being limited to green maneuvers makes it tough to pin down slippery targets.  Having access to the white 2-turns allows me to keep up with them.  The self-stress from push the limit also made it tougher to fight against Asajj Ventress and Latts.  I found that I was having a much harder time pushing through her defense when I was stressed all the time.

On 4/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, Cap116 said:

Thane, M9G8, Weapons Engineer, Vectored Thrusters, and Seismic Torps (torps optional, they can be fun though)

Ditto to all the others on this as well. I ran Thane/M9/weapon engineer with Wedge (R2-green manuvers, predator) and Poe (adaptability and R5-P9)

i slow roll Thane and rush the two aces in. Whichever the opponent focuses on the next round they will have the other and Thane flanking them with lots of re-rolls.  When either ace is taken out, use the second target lock on opponent's ship to lower their hits. 

Lots of fun and using X WINGS!  Lol

It's not one of the most popular builds but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Outmaneuver and Tail Gunner combo.

It's fun but situational, it does however still let you take R2-D2 which as far as I'm concerned is an auto include on my Arc 170's.

I'm running:

• Norra Wexley - PTL, Rey, R2-D2, Alliance Overhaul
  • Thane Kyrell - Weapons Engineer, M9-G8, Alliance Overhaul, Proton Torpedoes, Guidance Chips
  • Gold Squadron Pilot - R3-A2, Twin Laser Turret, BTL/A4

Strong alpha striking jousters.  I'm experimenting with that Jess Pava from Stele Open in the stresshog slot, though it's 2pts more expensive which means cutting the Proton Torpedoes from Thane, which is a loss.

I find I really enjoy BB8 on there. Makes you more maneuverable with that rear firing arc. Also flew this list recently and had a lot of success.

I'll Show You The Power Of Synergy (100)

Ahsoka Tano (19) - TIE Fighter
Veteran Instincts (1), Captured TIE (1)

"Dutch" Vander (27) - Y-Wing
Blaster Turret (4)

Norra Wexley (32) - ARC-170
Predator (3), Alliance Overhaul (0)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22) - B-Wing
Collision Detector (0)