ovinomanc3r

[UNOFFICIAL] CC Rules Clarifications and FAQs

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

GOLDEN RULE

The Corellian Conflict is a CASUAL way of playing STAR WARS: Armada so whenever something you and your friends agree about contradicts something here, whatever you agree takes precedence.

Said that, here we go with some clarifications. You will find most of them in other threads. I am not an authority so if you don't give a s*** about it, good. I am just trying to help people.

ERRATA

1. Armed Station.

The Armaed Station card has its batteries transposed. Its battery armament (against ships) has 2 red and 2 blue. Its anti-squadron armament (against squadrons) has 1 blue die.

2. Determine Battle Effects (p.10).

The last sentence of the second paragraph should read:

"Then the assaulting player's team gains points equal to one plus that location's victory bonus value."

3. Nebula Outskirts.

It should read:

"The total number of command dials that must be assigned to each of the second player's ships durgin
               each Command Phase is decrease by 1 to a minimun of 1."

4. Campaing Points.

Wherever the map contradicts the CC book, the map takes precedence.

FAQ

Can Jaina's Light shoot through dust clouds?

No.

Can the armed station shoot to a ship that is overlaping it?

Yes.

What is the squadron limit when we build the fleet the first time?

1/3 of 400... 134 points.

How is the sequence of placing bases during the Campaign Setup?

Imperial base in Corellia, Imperial base, Rebel presence x2 Imperial base, Rebel presence x2,  Imperial base, Rebel Presence x2 (6 players)
Imperial base in Corellia, Imperial base, Rebel presence x2, Imperial base, Rebel presence x2 (4 players).

Can the player with the initiative choose who is the first player during a battle?

No. The player with the initiative (who declare the attack) is always the first player.

Can a ship recover the discarded defense token due to scarring rule with Blissex or Tagge?

Yes. The ship start the battle with that token and it is discarded during the deployment.

Can a squadron recover the hull point lost due to scarring rule when it overlaps the station?

Yes. It is a damage duffered during the deployment.

When a ship scarred is destroyed during a battle, it looses all its upgrades?

Yes. The ship is removed from the campaing with all its upgrades but the Commander.

Can a ship gain veterancy ramming another ship?

No. In order to gain veterancy, a ship must perform and attack and the defender must be detroyed after resolving the Resolve Damage step.

Can Boba Fett gain veterancy if he destroys a squadron or a ship due to his skill?

No.

Can Mithel gain veterancy if he destroys a squadron due to his skill?

No.

Can Ten Numb gain veterancy if he destroy a squadron due to his skill?

No.

Can a squadron that attacked Biggs gain veterancy if the damage is moved due to Bigg's skill to another squadron and that squadron die?

No.

Can I gain the resources from a system where I build a base this campaing round?

No. The resources are gathered before Building New Bases Phase.

Can I gain the benefit from the Repair Yards of a system where I build a base this campaing round?

Yes. The benefit from Repair Yards triggers during the Reequipment Phase, after the Building New Bases Phase.

After the 1st round of play, how does one calculate the max number of points that may be spent on squadrons?

Its your current fleet points (i.e. AFTER you've bought any reinforcements) that set the cap. Your squadron fleet-point value cannot exceed one-third of your fleet-point total (rounded up). So, if you planned to increase your fleet to 440 you could add additional squadrons as long as your final squadron total did not exceed 147.

Can I buy ships and upgrades beyond the limit of 500 even if I always play with 500?

No, all you have in your fleet is written on your fleet sheet and cannot exceed the limit of 500 points.

Can I remove non-desired upgrades or ships from my fleet at any time?

No, the only way to remove stuff is getting them destroyed.

Can I change upgrades from one ship to another one?

Yes you can during the Reequipment Phase. After then, all the stuff is locked wherever you put them until the next Reequipment Stuff.

Can a ship retreat if when it declared the retreat there was no any Interdictor at distance 1-5 but it is at distance 1-5 of an interdictor at the beginning of the status phase?

Yes.

Are the tokens from strategic effects saved from one round to another if we didn't use them?

No.

When is the All-Out Offensive declared?

It is declared as any other attack, during the Strategic Phase, if the requirements are fulfilled.

Does Dodonna work during the All-Out Offensive whith every rebel ship's attack?

Yes.

At what point are fleets public?

After each build phase and before assaults are declared each turn.

What would happen if a Rebel player were to retreat all of his remaining ships during a Show of Force special assault with the intent of ending the mission before the Imperial player had time to destroy one or both stations in order to deny the enemy resources?

The stations count as destroyed, granting their resources to the Imperial team.

What happens if an Imperial player retreats ships during a Hyperlane Raid special assault?

The ships also count as destroyed for the scenario, granting their victory tokens and resources to the Rebel team.

If a battle ends because all of one player's ships have been destroyed or they retreated, what happens to any of his remaining squadrons?

They are counted as destroyed for the purposes of scoring the scenario, but they do not become scarred.

Can a "riekaned" ship jump to hyperspace and flee saving itself from scarring?

Yes. Hyperspace retreat tiggers at the biginning of the status phase and Riekan's delayed destruction tiggers at the end of the same phase. The Hyperspace Retreat Rule overwrite the Scarring Rule so it works.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that is all I got after some time looking questions and answers. I hope it helps. There are some answer that maybe you don't like, don't worry, follow the CC Golden Rule. There are some threads about interesting house rules, look them and do whatever you want. Have fun!

Edited by ovinomanc3r
Norell, Rocco79, Flengin and 6 others like this

1 hour ago, ovinomanc3r said:

How is the sequence of placing bases during the Campaign Setup?

Imperial base in Corellia, Imperial base, Rebel presence, Imperial base, Rebel presence, Imperial base, Rebel Presence, Rebel presence, Rebel presence, Rebel presence (6 players).
Imperial base in Corellia, Imperial base, Rebel presence, Imperial base, Rebel presence, Rebel Presence, Rebel presence (4 players).

Perry sure they ruled this the other way. Corellia-I-R-R-I-R-R-I-R-R.

ovinomanc3r and Green Knight like this

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Ardaedhel said:

Perry sure they ruled this the other way. Corellia-I-R-R-I-R-R-I-R-R.

It could be...

EDIT: You are right. Fixed.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

There have been miles of text written about how people thinks Nebula outskirts should work.

Now I see that it has somehow been ruled to be a minimum of 1 dial.

Where does this ruling come from? I have searched but cannot find the source and there is nothing in the rules that actually support this.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Mixxathon said:

There have been miles of text written about how people thinks Nebula outskirts should work.

Now I see that it has somehow been ruled to be a minimum of 1 dial.

Where does this ruling come from? I have searched but cannot find the source and there is nothing in the rules that actually support this.

Michael Gernes, Armada Producer, in his Email reply to the Formal Question sent in via the Community Link.

See here:

Edited by Drasnighta

In short, if you are unaware - Michael Gernes is the only person at FFG answering Armada Questions and thus, compiling for an FAQ.

Although the "Officialdom" is questioned at times - It is as official as it gets, until such time as it is in an actual FAQ.

Essentially - that thread is what we share :)

If this rules forum were not to exist, and you were to ask the question formally, that is the response you would get - we're just sharing it to the public, so its not a closet secret.

Just to clarify, if you win a Special Assault (Show of Force or Hyperlane Raid), can the winner of the battle purchase a base or outpost afterward? I know that the text says that the winner of a battle may build a base or outpost, but we always assumed that was reserved for normal battles, not special assaults.

53 minutes ago, Pheras said:

Just to clarify, if you win a Special Assault (Show of Force or Hyperlane Raid), can the winner of the battle purchase a base or outpost afterward? I know that the text says that the winner of a battle may build a base or outpost, but we always assumed that was reserved for normal battles, not special assaults.

The rules make no distinction, so yes, you can build base/outpost after special assault.

(as aside locally we've house-ruled that you can't, because it doesn't feel right)

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

(as aside locally we've house-ruled that you can't, because it doesn't feel right)

Show of Force

grand_moff_tarkin_by_allendouglasstudio-

"Lieutenant, call Tagge. Tell him that he can start to build a base."

db9771507ac30643ee03492682ede928--peter-

Ardaedhel likes this

Doesn't feel right, as in gets loads of resources, AND a new base.

Excellent way of skewing the campaign in round 1, leading to much frustration.

Add a round 1 base loss and you might as well  start over.

9 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Doesn't feel right, as in gets loads of resources, AND a new base.

Excellent way of skewing the campaign in round 1, leading to much frustration.

Add a round 1 base loss and you might as well  start over.

Maybe the joke was too abstract. What blows up is a whole planet. Build a base is what Tagge actually cannot do cause there is not planet anymore. And that is the best troll face Tarkin can give us.:P

In a more serious way: I completely agree. Special objectives are choices removed from the second player, being first player, giving many resources and the chance of building a base to more resources. Too good. I am not sure if you can even play them against enemy outpost. I don't have the rules around. 

Green Knight likes this

However, it means that picking a location for a Show of Force or Hyperlane Raid is important, whereas now it's mostly "I pick a spot that is appropriate, I guess, and do a special assault there". Imperial players have a choice of, say, attacking Polanis (+15 resources) or Froz (+2). If they are confident that they'll win, they attack Polanis and build a base, but if not, they attack Froz, since even if they lose, but destroy one or two stations, they get 80 resources, the Rebels get 40 but may not waste the space as an outpost since it's only two points plus diplomats or spacers or spynet (don't have my book in front of me).

Green Knight and Xeletor like this